Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2020 12:32:09 PM EDT
My redhawk has the factory wood grips, which look nice but are too small for me. I'd like to find something like the Hogue grip on my GP100, but from what I've read the Hogue Redhawk grip is not the same and made from a very hard, cheap plastic and the Pachmayr are no better. I've seen the Altamont grips but those are too small too and not grooved like the Hogue. I believe I have the square butt frame.

Is there anything else out there that's decent?

Obligatory pic...

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hogue monogrip.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Hogue does make a grip for it that is the soft rubber. I used to have one but eventually got Herrett's to make a wood grip/stock for mine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hogue monogrip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hogue monogrip.

Are you saying the Hogue is not as crappy as I've read? I like the Hogue on my GP100 but sounds like the version for the Redhawk is made differently with a harder plastic and a somewhat loose fit.

Quoted:
Hogue does make a grip for it that is the soft rubber. I used to have one but eventually got Herrett's to make a wood grip/stock for mine.

Do you happen to know how to tell the difference when ordering? Nevermind. I think I found it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd like to find something like the grip on my GP100,

View Quote

Do what I did and Just shoot and enjoy the GP 100, put the Redhawk back in the box and into the safe,..Life is good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do what I did and Just shoot and enjoy the GP 100, put the Redhawk back in the box and into the safe,..Life is good.
View Quote

Been doing that. In fact, I've been thinking of selling it as I don't have a lot of use for it, but somehow I think I'll regret it later. I have a Blackhawk in 44 that I much prefer as I like SA revolvers better but still can't quite bring myself to selling it. I think with better grips I might use it more, but really don't have a use case for it. It's big and heavy to carry when hiking and overkill. the GP100 is my go to for that. For range shooting I prefer the Blackhawk.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have a pair of rubber grips for a Redhawk, I think they are Uncle Mikes square but with finger grooves. They worked good for me but I sold my Redhawk a while back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a pair, I think for a Redhawk but round grip, they were sent to me when I traded for a mold, I don't know why but I have no need for them.

Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Hogue Bantams. I put a pair on mine. They are great grips and cheap also

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hogue Bantams. I put a pair on mine. They are great grips and cheap also

https://i.imgur.com/RF8KISol.jpg
View Quote

That looks like what I want. Do they fit as well as they do in the picture.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought a set of Nill Griffe grips for my Redhawk after the stock grips beat the crap out of my hand. The wider grip and texture allows me to hang on to it better and distributes the impact over a wider area in my palm. The wood looks 1000% better than the rubber grips.

Unless the grips cover the back strap, the rubber does not do any more than a set of wood grips.
Not my gun in the pic but they look identical

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the Hogue grips and didn't care for them, the Uncle Mikes grips cover the backstrap and in my opinion were just about ideal for heavy recoil. Pretty sure they are no longer made.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought a set of Nill Griffe grips for my Redhawk after the stock grips beat the crap out of my hand. The wider grip and texture allows me to hang on to it better and distributes the impact over a wider area in my palm. The wood looks 1000% better than the rubber grips.

Unless the grips cover the back strap, the rubber does not do any more than a set of wood grips.
Not my gun in the pic but they look identical
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee59/privateer0000/IMG_0407.jpg
View Quote

Wood looks better but I'm more concerned with being able to get a good grip on the grips. Those grips say they are good for small hands. That's the issue I have now - stock grips are too small. The grips on my GP100 are about perfect so if I can find the hogue bantam grips might give those a try first.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wood looks better but I'm more concerned with being able to get a good grip on the grips. Those grips say they are good for small hands. That's the issue I have now - stock grips are too small. The grips on my GP100 are about perfect so if I can find the hogue bantam grips might give those a try first.
View Quote

The Nills are a handful (i.e. much more volume than the stock grip). The stippling on the wood does a great job of ensuring your grip stays planted on the gun.

FWIW: The 4" Redhawks for awhile came with the Bantam grips and a good portion of owners ditched them due to being somewhat short as compared to most of the other aftermarket grips.

ETA: Found a pic of my gun with the Nill grips
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top