Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 12/23/2020 3:51:47 AM EDT
FN509 Tactical

Trijicon RMR installed

Streamlight TRL-7

I'd like to be able to use it in a low belt config or on a plate carrier to swap between the two. Any suggestions on a good make holster?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Check these guys out, great holsters. Can get what your looking for in either safari land or g code hangers.
https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.com/product/tactical-outside-the-waistband-lightbearing-with-safariland-qls-fork/#make-and-model
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Neptune made one up for me.  FN 509, TLR-7a light, red dot on the slide, threaded barrel.  I specifically ordered the IWB style with this clip.  You can have them make one up OWB or with different clips for different carry styles.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]
https://kt-mech.com/index.html Probable has something to suit your needs. I have had them make several holsters for me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
X2 for ANR holsters
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm running a Trex Arms holster for my 509 Compact Tactical. Mine is a NON light bearing holster but it is cut for a RDS and fits the full size, mid size and compact. Their light bearing holsters fit all of the same 509's with lights of your choice.

https://www.trex-arms.com/product-category/holster-categories/light-compatible/
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with Black Rhino for my 509w/ X300, but only because TRex didn’t list the 509 under the light compatible version.

Compared to my TRex Ragnarok(M&Pw/ X300), the Black Rhino feels flimsy and weak. I also had to trim quite a bit near the trigger guard so that I could get a solid grip on the pistol without crushing my finger into the edge of the Kydex. For reference, the Ragnarok is .125” Kydex.

The ANR looks similar to both, but I didn’t see the Kydex thickness listed in the description.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a thread in here with 509T holsters. I made a post in there about running the 509T and X300U in a Safariland 6390-RDS

Another option is the TREX Ragnarok SD Type 2 if you want to run a suppressor as well.

Here iis my post below:

Quoted:

I can confirm this as well. Below is a 6390RDS-4502 holster meant for a Sig P320 RX with 4.7" barrel. My 509T with RMR and X300U fits in it well. After a couple dozen times taking it in and out it has worn into the gun and is much smoother

I still plan on buying a 509T specific holster when they make them for the 6390RDS line, but until then, this will work perfectly for practice and classes.
View Quote

Alright, I'm back with an update. Long story short: If you want a 6390RDS for your 509T with light and dot, get the 6390RDS-2702 for the 509 model and remove the barrel plug.

Back in June I ended up ordering a 6390RDS for the FN 509 (note, they don't have a drop down for the 509 T yet).

The model number was 6390RDS-2702 and I ordered it for an X300U and RMR in FDE. Full code on my holster package is "6390RDS FN 509 X300U STX TAC FDE RH"

The first thing to note is as expected, the longer barrel of the 509T does not fit in the holster. I removed the barrel plug with one bolt and then spread the holster to get it out easily. Once the barrel plug is removed then the 509T can easily fit in this holster, and it fits GREAT.

First image below shows the barrel plug removed. Once you holster the gun and adjust the tension screw, it is incredibly secure. I'm not worried about retention with the lack of barrel plug.

Next photo of the Tan holster is the 509 specific one. Followed by the black holster is the one I was previously using that is made for the P320 / M17. You can see the 509 holster is much slimmer and more fit to the gun. Very happy with the swap.

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 3:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Many excellent suggestions guys, thanks. I found the Safariland specific holster for the 509T, 6390RDS-2712 131. I am going to grab this one and a QLS kit so I can switch from a duty belt to a drop leg as needed.

I also looked at the DARA models and they do have one I could convert over to the QLS system. They have one coming out that is specific to the 509T using a TLR7 weapon light. I guess I can get both, lol.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#9]
4brothers holsters just made one for me. Great guys, easy to work with and was quick. This one doesn't have all the things you mentioned but I'm sure they could build what you want.

Attachment Attached File
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top