Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2018 9:57:16 PM EDT
Looking for a decent tuckable IWB holster.  I rarely wear my shirts untucked and it sounds like this is the best style of holster for CCW based on how I dress.  I'm not a fan of kydex and would prefer leather.  Not sure what's good out there, though.  I'm also interested in also getting, at some point, a decent OWB leather holster that would look appropriate if worn with nicer clothes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I've owned a Kramer IWB #2 (Horsehide) for going on 30yrs now. The last few years I've switched to lighter smaller pistols for CCW, but if I were to CCW my Novak Spec Ops Hi-Power I'd break out the Kramer with confidence. Sorry for no pictures. I paid under $100 at the time. Inflation now.......

https://www.kramerleather.com/collections/iwb-gun-holsters/products/iwb-2-holster
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
dbl post.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't appear tuckable, though. I don't really wear untucked shirts much.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
His IWB #3 might work for you.

I have one of his appendix carry models for a Shield. It works pretty well. No experience with the #3.

http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/iwb-holster/
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I came across this while looking for something else. No experience with the holster or the maker.

http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/tuck.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#6]
You can order a Milt Sparks VMII, and install tuckable kydex clips on it

Tuckable kydex clips for a VMII
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can order a Milt Sparks VMII, and install tuckable kydex clips on it

Tuckable kydex clips for a VMII
View Quote
Does the 1911 one work well with the Hi Power?  My experience that it's hit or miss when it comes to a proper and secure fit with Hi Powers in 1911 holsters.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#8]
From Milt Sparks? It might fit it "ok" but it won't be nearly as nice as a bespoke holster for the BHP. You can just call Milt Sparks and order one; I think their wait time is around 3 months now. Which sounds like a lot, but just like NFA...you place your order, forget about it, magic happens, and then it shows up in your mailbox. I sprung for a Summer Special II for my BHP a couple of years ago and I'm very happy with it.

I'm sure the kydex clips on Top Gun Supply can be used on other similar holsters as well, at least ones where the belt loops are removable...I'd personally stick with Milt Sparks for leather, but there's quite a few leather makers out there that are really good as well, so there's no need to lock yourself down if you don't want to be.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a tuckable made by Privateer Leather in Utah. Wes can be emailed at [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/3/2018 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Is there anything I should know when looking at tuckable IWB holstes in general?

Kinda wish it was possible to try these on in a shop.  No chance of that here, though.  Heck, probably not in other States, either.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#11]
They're a pain in the ass to actually tuck Your shirt better be billowy/large on you, otherwise it will print unless you're carrying something tiny like a Seecamp or P3AT or something. It'll be tougher to get to quickly, and you're never going to be able to reholster/retuck it on the fly should you ever draw (it'll be a moot point if you ever need it for real, but if you want to play with it at the range, you'll see what I mean)

I have an AIWB that I tuck and while that's a bit easier to tuck and hide, it's still a bit of a faff, and that's right in front of me and I can use both hands. A 3:30-4:00 carry tucked would be a huge pain in the ass to set up...
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is there anything I should know when looking at tuckable IWB holstes in general?

Kinda wish it was possible to try these on in a shop.  No chance of that here, though.  Heck, probably not in other States, either.
View Quote
Rent-A-Holster.  Sounds like a business opportunity there....

I suggest you get something that's similar in ride height and/or style that you're used to using.  Also, try and avoid anything with those metal snap clips that attach to the belt.  You're probably going to be happier with something that uses snaps or sewn loops.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Rent-A-Holster.  Sounds like a business opportunity there....

I suggest you get something that's similar in ride height and/or style that you're used to using.  Also, try and avoid anything with those metal snap clips that attach to the belt.  You're probably going to be happier with something that uses snaps or sewn loops.  
View Quote
I usually use a flap holster for open carry that rides lower than possible with any sort of IWB holster. Not a fan of concealed carry, but sometimes it's the better option and I don't want to have to change my manner of dress just to do it if it can be avoided.

I had a Bianchi slide holster that I can't seem to find now, but I always thought it rode a bit higher than I'd like.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They're a pain in the ass to actually tuck Your shirt better be billowy/large on you, otherwise it will print unless you're carrying something tiny like a Seecamp or P3AT or something. It'll be tougher to get to quickly, and you're never going to be able to reholster/retuck it on the fly should you ever draw (it'll be a moot point if you ever need it for real, but if you want to play with it at the range, you'll see what I mean)

I have an AIWB that I tuck and while that's a bit easier to tuck and hide, it's still a bit of a faff, and that's right in front of me and I can use both hands. A 3:30-4:00 carry tucked would be a huge pain in the ass to set up...
View Quote
The issues you mention are why I greatly prefer open carry, but sometimes there's a need to conceal or it's more appropriate.

As far as positioning goes, I would rather have it be just forward of the hip rather than behind. I wouldn't even open carry at the 3:30-4:00 position.

The only modern handguns I own are Hi Powers, so that's what I'll be carryingm for better or worse. I've heard that they're one of the better full-size autos for IWB carry, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top