Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2022 11:04:05 PM EDT
So I bought a Galco DAO holster for my python that was listed as a 4". I assumed it would fit the new colt pythons at 4.25". I came to find out after I got it that the originals were 4" and not 4.25". The barrel protrudes just a bit from the holster so I'm going to return it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a 4.25" holster similar to the Galco DAO. This holster is capable of both cross draw and straight draw. I prefer a setup like this. When I'm hunting with a rifle and a pack on my back, the cross draw allows you to sling your rifle without interference. When hunting with a bow or just carrying while working, I prefer straight draw.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Galco Phoenix is what you want . It shows the 4 1/4” Python as fitting . Also 20% off today on the Galco website.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Galco Phoenix is what you want . It shows the 4 1/4” Python as fitting . Also 20% off today on the Galco website.
View Quote

Do you have experience with it? I noticed it says compatible with the 4” and 4.25” barrels. I am wondering if the 4.25 barrel sticks out the bottom a little
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Milt Sparks, Kramer, or Ryan Grizzle.

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have several of those holsters but they’re for S&W revolvers. Excellent quality. On my 5” N frame the holster goes a good 1/4” past the muzzle .
On the Galco website they list both the 4” and the 4 1/4” Python so for sure it will fit .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top