Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2020 8:10:14 AM EDT
Hey yall. Back in December, I decided to try the P320 Carry, my first and only Sig. I fell in love with the gun, it is accurate and easy for me to shoot well. I shoot quite a bit of steel case 9mm, and have quite a bit on hand. I expect any handgun I own to be able to shoot it in an emergency and at the range. The P320 ran the steel case at first, but over the last few months, it has began to completely choke on steel. Although I ensured the extractor and it's components were consistently cleaned, the P320 chokes on every other round of steel and fails to extractor every time. I installed a Lone Wolf extractor hoping this might solve the issue, but it did not. I also ordered completely new extractor parts from Sig to replace them all, but decided I no longer trust this gun with my life and do not believe sending it back to Sig would solve anything, as they will only tell me not to run steel.

As a result, I made the choice to go back to an M&P, as the GEN 1 and 2.0 I've had over the years never malfunctioned with any type of ammo I ran through them. I now have a M&P9 2.0 FDE with the Truglo FTX sights on the way and plan to provide a complete range report.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
All is forgiven you are absolved of your wickedness
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried the Sig 320 compact and still have it. I wanted to try a new style gun and see if it had a more natural point of aim vs the M&P or Glock.

Then I bought an XCarry grip module, OWB holster And have probably 20 mags.

My conclusion of trying for 4-6 months of range time and dry fire at home is that I shoot the M&P and the Glocks better than my Sig. there isn’t anything on the Sig that I can say I actually like better.

I recently picked up my first 2.0 and so far I love it.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious...are M&P mags interchangeable between 1st Gen and the 2.0?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven’t been able to test similar size mags between the generations yet but from what I can tell, the feedlots and magazine catch are identical but the floor plate is different.

The only thing I’ve tested so far is that my 1.0 full size magazines fit and function in my 2.0 compact.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the only thing to look out for is the difference between

Gen 1 Compact (really a subcompact) is 12 round (9mm)
Same size gun in Gen 2 is called (Gen 2 subcompact)

Gen 2 Compact (really a mid sized) is 15 rounds. (9mm)
There is no Gen 1 equivalent.

Mags do interchange between Gen 1.0 & Gen 2.0 guns.

There are grip sleeves that allow use of Full sized mags 17 round in 9mm in Compact or Subcompact guns.

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, it's the same mag.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I did enjoy the Sig trigger and the grip feel, but the M&P feels better than both the Glock and Sig in my hand. At the time, I did not like the M&P gen 1 trigger, but the 2.0 triggers are light years better than the original.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey yall. Back in December, I decided to try the P320 Carry, my first and only Sig. I fell in love with the gun, it is accurate and easy for me to shoot well. I shoot quite a bit of steel case 9mm, and have quite a bit on hand. I expect any handgun I own to be able to shoot it in an emergency and at the range. The P320 ran the steel case at first, but over the last few months, it has began to completely choke on steel. Although I ensured the extractor and it's components were consistently cleaned, the P320 chokes on every other round of steel and fails to extractor every time. I installed a Lone Wolf extractor hoping this might solve the issue, but it did not. I also ordered completely new extractor parts from Sig to replace them all, but decided I no longer trust this gun with my life and do not believe sending it back to Sig would solve anything, as they will only tell me not to run steel.

As a result, I made the choice to go back to an M&P, as the GEN 1 and 2.0 I've had over the years never malfunctioned with any type of ammo I ran through them. I now have a M&P9 2.0 FDE with the Truglo FTX sights on the way and plan to provide a complete range report.
View Quote

Curious. Did you change brands of steel? Different factories made a difference in a couple of mine.

Reliable with brass still?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

@txtj79
yes
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#10]

the APEX FFFST is almost as nice as a tuned 1911 trigger.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I did run several different kinds of steel and effectively no difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top