Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 8:25:52 PM EDT
Let's talk Micro Roni's.  I recently acquired one for 19/23/32. I relocated a vortex razor red dot to it and shot 50rds of wwb with my threaded G19 to dial it in. I added a spare TLR-1s to the left side tsince I'm a lefty. I have another G23C that I'll try out in it later. it  felt good but I think I need to swap out my low mount that was on my Ruger mark IV 22/45 lite for a higher mount. It shot well and had no issues as expected.

It got me wondering what you guys are running on top, how far you're shooting, what Glock you're running, whether it's just a fun range toy or if you're taking it out as a backpack option for you glock, etc.

And the obligatory pic of course.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one. It’s my wife’s bedside gun. G17 trade in that’s really tough to look at but runs like a champ.  Romeo red dot. Olight light/green laser. Factory 33 round in it and another one in the holder up front.  I really like it. I prefer it to my cmmg 9mm ar.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I actually want to get one of these, I think it would make a great alternative to a PCC.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Got mine for a Glock 23 on a "SUPER SALE" last year. Mounted an Aimpoint T2 in a Leupold riser I had laying around. Bought a 10 inch barrel from the same company. https://www.yrsinc.com/product-category/pdw-conversion-kits/micro-roni-g3-g4/

Had to take the Roni halves apart and cut down the barrel extension that's inside of it to be able to get the 10 inch barrel to fit the upper.

Mine runs like a sewing machine with Glock OEF 13 rd, 15 rd, and 22 rd mags. Same with the Korean 31 rd. ETS 30rd turn it into a single shot jam-o-matic. In a regular pistol, also.

Shoot and see target pasted to the silhouette were the 25 yd sight in shots (3 and 4 shots at a time).
Head shots were at 50 yds.(hole at 11 o'clock is staple tear).
Hanging 10 inch round plate at a hundred was no problem holding the dot right at the top edge.

All shots were standing using the side of a barricade for support as that is how I see this being used. Some of the 25 yd shots were unsupported after zeroing.

My wife loves it for HD/trunk gun/walking around the mountain we live on.

Paid $20 extra for the proprietary flashlight. It is very high quality and bright as hell.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Still brings a smile to my face

And now I'm experimenting with a G44 in it.... Modified the charging handle
have to hit the range to see how it works.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey OP, as a fellow lefty are you bothered by gas to the face or any hot brass surprises?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:25:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I wanted one for my G21 but it took forever for them to finally offer it for that caliber.  Sounded like good news but then they immediately offered a new generation of the Roni with no option, again, for the G21/20 which made no sense.  Wasn't going to buy a brand new first gen chassis instead of the improved model so I passed on them altogether.  

I do think they are cool products but I'm just not interested in it for 9mm.  I'd love to see Ruger offer a .45 acp/10mm version of their pistol caliber carbines and "pistols".  I can't make myself say pistol caliber pistol without laughing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Stock is a bit too long for my liking. Wish it was an inch or so shorter.

I will likely try a Flex Defense setup or B&T at sometime in the future just to cut a bit of the bulk of this system and to be able to run a can.

For red dots, just have a cheap PA micro dot on it with the standard mount. Works good for this setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coltc:
 and to be able to run a can. 
View Quote

CAA USA's MCK Gen 2 is suppressor compatible.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]
We run a Vortex Strikefire II RDS on ours which works fine, but since the rail is plastic a smaller/lighter optic would probably be a bit more accurate due to less induced chassis flex.
Out of the box it's easy to use, fun to shoot and a decently accurate platform for a Glock pistol.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I run Vortex Venoms on both my USPSA AR9 PCC and 10/22 Steel Challenge rifles... both use a LMT 1/2" riser... very secure mount

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009248325?pid=313161
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a MCK chassis for my G20 & G21.

Both work great & the best thing for those two pistols IMO.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey OP, as a fellow lefty are you bothered by gas to the face or any hot brass surprises?
View Quote

@Feudist

Sorry I'm late on the reply. I didn't have any issues with gas or brass to the face at all but i don't have that many rounds through it really. I assume I would've seen it already.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I just pre-ordered a MCK for one of my Poly80's  What zero are you guys running these at?  I'd like to be able to make hits out to 100 yards without a crazy hold.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I run Vortex Venoms on both my USPSA AR9 PCC and 10/22 Steel Challenge rifles... both use a LMT 1/2" riser... very secure mount

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009248325?pid=313161
View Quote
@lasnyder how is the cheek weld on the 1/2" riser? I'm not sure how high would be ideal for me. With my low mount i had to work at getting the right weld and obviously something more natural would be ideal.

Quoted:
I just pre-ordered a MCK for one of my Poly80's  What zero are you guys running these at?  I'd like to be able to make hits out to 100 yards without a crazy hold.
View Quote
@mcbowflex I'd be interested to see what kind of zero is realistic when you get it. To be honest, at my range I wasn't shooting out very far and I've seen a few YouTube videos where they were having trouble between 25 and 50.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#16]
former-USMC... I shoot a pretty straight up head location, and the dot is immediately in the center of the lens with the YHM riser (the mount is very secure)... my AR9 PCC uses a Viet Nam era A1 stock, and the 10/22 is on a PMACA chassis with a SOPMOD style angled AR adjustable stock

the Steel Challenge 10/22 starts with a low ready shouldered position... I look the first target and bring the rifle up
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#17]
@mcbowflex I'd be interested to see what kind of zero is realistic when you get it. To be honest, at my range I wasn't shooting out very far and I've seen a few YouTube videos where they were having trouble between 25 and 50.
View Quote

A friend of a friend brought one to the range yesterday that I shot.  It had a 19 in it, with a Bushnell TRS25 I think.  I was ringing steel at 50 without any issues, but I don't know where it was zeroed for.  A concern of mine is how high the optic sits above the bore of the pistol.  This would have a huge offset in close if my thinking is correct.  I may put a 507c on it with their stock mount which would be much lower than a T1 clone type of dot on a standar riser.

It's going to be a while before mine is up and running but I think I'll start with a 50 yard zero and see where that's hitting within 10 yards and at 100.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:37:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a Roni (with the advanced kit) for my Gen 4 Glock 20

Haven't been able to shoot it yet since the range has been closed
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the OD green version for my Gen 3 G17. Same series as HARV, but with the shorter brace.

The G17 had been my go to handgun for years. Somewhere around 3,000 rounds. But it wasn't making to the range anymore. Eclipsed by other pistols in the collection that fit me (and my family) better.

The Roni changed all that. It goes on every range, and camping trip.

Romeo red dot site, and streamlight pistol light. This has become the family HD staple.

My son shoots it left handed. No problem with gas, or brass.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I use mine as a truck gun since it folds down nice and compact and fits under the center seat.
Attachment Attached File

I really need to buy the flashlight that goes under the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I use mine as a truck gun since it folds down nice and compact and fits under the center seat.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/235580/20200608_193313_jpg-1454382.JPG

I really need to buy the flashlight that goes under the barrel.
View Quote

Ive got one, its ok, not sure of longevity or toughness.

Might be better putting a TLR-1 on one of the side rails, probably the right side since thats where the brace folds and wont make it even bulkier by putting it on the left
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ive got one, its ok, not sure of longevity or toughness.

Might be better putting a TLR-1 on one of the side rails, probably the right side since thats where the brace folds and wont make it even bulkier by putting it on the left
View Quote

Good to know.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#23]
nvm
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's interesting.  I'm not exactly huge at 5'-7", and I thought the braced version was a couple inches too short.  I had tried that one out initially to see how I liked the concept.  Then I SBR'd a Glock with the plans to either replace the brace with the RONI stock, or just replace the whole thing and sell of the braced version.  I ended up getting a KPOS Scout instead.  Both are pretty decent.  I'm now thinking I may keep the RONI for a trunk gun.
https://i.imgur.com/k9iAJFuh.jpg

Do you know if it will work with a Poly80?  The MCK might be different, but the Poly80 won't work with the Gen 1 RONI.  The frame rail is different, as well as the beavertail at the back of the frame.
View Quote

The Poly80 MCK will fit a 17 or 19 equivalent Poly80.  You can use either a OEM Glock slide or a Poly80 slide.  The Lone Wolf Alpha Wolf slide also has factory cloned serrations.  Not sure if I’m going to keep this Alpha Wolf slide or not, though.  

Mine just got delivered today.  Going to zero the irons tomorrow and I have a Romeo 5 on order for it.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#26]
So I've had my MCK at the range twice now.  Anyone else notice how finicky these things are with accuracy?

No matter how light I am with the actual pistol in the brace this thing flings rounds pretty wildly.  Not really confident with it even at 50 yards.  25 is acceptable enough, but definitely not 50.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Once I got my red dot dialed in I was able to punch out a circle in my target the diameter of a pop can at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Interesting update on the CAA light that fits under the barrel. I was going through optic and lights and checking/replacing batteries, and I took the light out of my Roni. I decided to open up the housing since I saw it clipped together, and here’s what was inside...

Attachment Attached File

Olight.
Interesting find, didn’t know that’s what they used.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#30]
So has anyone upgraded their top pic rail to the aluminum one?  If so, was it worth it?  

While I was cleaning mine up today, I noticed quite a bit of flex in the whole rail.  I had my red dot mounted directly over the ejection port area, but after noticing how much it flexed, I moved it further back.  Going to rezero again tomorrow.  There's still quite a bit of flex.  Seems like it's the whole chassis that allows the flex.

I'll report back if I see any improved accuracy with the red dot further on the rail where it's marginally stiffer.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So has anyone upgraded their top pic rail to the aluminum one?  If so, was it worth it?  

While I was cleaning mine up today, I noticed quite a bit of flex in the whole rail.  I had my red dot mounted directly over the ejection port area, but after noticing how much it flexed, I moved it further back.  Going to rezero again tomorrow.  There's still quite a bit of flex.  Seems like it's the whole chassis that allows the flex.

I'll report back if I see any improved accuracy with the red dot further on the rail where it's marginally stiffer.
View Quote
Yes, i upgraded mine immediately, Rock solid.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Almost as accurate and fast as my KP-9
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#33]
So I ended up moving my Romeo 5 to the low mount and almost the whole way to the front.  I was able to ring steel at 50 yards now without an issue.  I still need to refine my zero a bit more, but this should work for what I bought it for.  

I’m putting the aluminum rail in the possible upgrade down the line bucket.  One definite thing I can recommend is to use an Apex failure resistant extractor.  I was having some issues with spent casing getting flung into the chassis with the junky Glock extractor.  Totally gone with the Apex extractor.  

Now I just need to get some good carbon cleaner.  These things get unbelievably dirty in these things.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top