Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 7:04:41 PM EDT
Just purchased a Glock G45 MOS and excited to get it to the range. I’m new to Glocks and my only real complaint at the moment is the trigger. So I’d really like to upgrade to a better trigger, possibly something that is more of a straight trigger if possible. What triggers do you guys recommend? Also like to pick up a couple of extra magazines with a little more capacity.

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Run 1K rounds thru it over a couple of sessions.   Aftermarket triggers are overrated in my experience.   Trigger time will work it out.

OEM mags or Magpuls.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on buying the best 9mm Glock in existence. I love mine!

I have the Agency trigger in my g45. Honestly it's not a lot better than stock. The gen5 triggers are pretty righteous!

FOr mags I say OEM for self defense/critical duty and Magpul for range/stack-it-deep usage.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 6:51:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I was looking at one of the Overwatch Precision triggers.  Buddy of mine said he has one in his Glock and it was a huge improvement.  Are there any magazine extenders that you guys would recommend?      

Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  I was looking at one of the Overwatch Precision triggers.  Buddy of mine said he has one in his Glock and it was a huge improvement.  Are there any magazine extenders that you guys would recommend?      

View Quote

I have a couple Overwatch triggers. They’re okay but not mind blowing. The Poly-DAT is decently priced and works the same as the aluminum one.

As far as extensions, I’d just grab some Glock 24rd mags. If you already have a pile of 17rd mags and just want to use those then Shield Arms mag extensions have been awesome for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#5]
They are good guns.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Aftermarket triggers are overrated in my experience.   Trigger time will work it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Aftermarket triggers are overrated in my experience.   Trigger time will work it out.

grab some Glock 24rd mags

Some really good advice to anybody that's got a new G45.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks fellas, I'll give the stock trigger some time and see how it works out for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I put the flat face Apex trigger and bar in mine.  Did the .25 trigger job.  Feels great.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Overwatch DAT and PolyDAT has a shorter take up that still engages all the safeties and is great if you should wear gloves.

Stock is manageable.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Run 1K rounds thru it over a couple of sessions.   Aftermarket triggers are overrated in my experience.   Trigger time will work it out.

OEM mags or Magpuls.
View Quote

This....

Work in the Glock trigger first....I went thru the diffefrent aftermarket triggers and now I have all OEM Glock triggers on each of my pistols.

BTW the G45 is an outstanding pistol....IMO, the best balanced Glock made now, was the 19 before the 45 hit the streets

I really like my Magpul mags, this is what I use 90% of the time
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Overwatch TAC
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:36:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks fellas, I'll give the stock trigger some time and see how it works out for me.
View Quote

This is the right call.

In my experience, aftermarket triggers are.. eh.

If you want a flat face trigger, as previously mentioned, the polymer DAT offerings from Overwatch are a good value.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#13]
If you want the stick with the OEM trigger, but want a little more refined OEM trigger shoe (i.e. flush safety) then check out Johnny Glock.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Stock Glock trigger is the best Glock trigger
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Best thing I have found (and I am not opposed to paying big bucks for Gucci parts) is to strip the slide and frame and lightly polish all metal-to-metal contact points with some metal polish and a Dremel. After that, pick up a $22 Johnny Glocks Trigger Shoe. It is made from an OEM Glock trigger shoe. JG's shaves the "nub" off of the trigger safety so that it sits flat on the shoe when the trigger safety is disengaged. Performance wise, it also add a set screw that allows you to tune out pre travel.

The above rivals all of the "high end" trigger upgrades I have come across.

The architecture of a Glock trigger does not allow for much, in the way of multi-thousand dollar 1911 race gun feeling triggers. Arguably, the best offering is currently the Timney Alpha and that design had to incorporate additional metal-to-metal contact surfaces in order to achieve its performance goals. Everything else is basically a tweak on Glock OEM (which will never be a 1911 trigger).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm thinking of trying out a red dot, have no experience with them on pistols.  Looking at going with a Holosun 507C X2 ACSS Vulcan Reticle.  Will the MOS plates that came with the pistol work with this dot or will I have to purchase a different plate?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm thinking of trying out a red dot, have no experience with them on pistols.  Looking at going with a Holosun 507C X2 ACSS Vulcan Reticle.  Will the MOS plates that came with the pistol work with this dot or will I have to purchase a different plate?
View Quote

Yes, use the plate that is labeled for a Trijicon RMR. I’d have to go look but I believe that is the #02 plate.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Take the oem MOS plates and chuck those in the trash.  If you're planning on keeping this pistol, get a FCD plate or CHPWS plate.  

The stock MOS plates are MIM and have a tendency to warp and break over time.  It's not a matter of 'if', more a matter of 'when'.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks.  I took the a few pistols out to shoot and was able to shot my Sig's with the straight triggers really well.  With the G45 I kept shooting a little low and to the left.  I know it was an error on my part due to my large hands and long fingers.  Are there any mods that can be done to push the trigger further up?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought a multi-pak of G19X mags at the Mag Shack.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Congrats. I just picked up a second one. Best Glock made.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Factory Glock extended slide lock is unobtainium right now.  I have had two on glockstore backorder for months.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Stock trigger will get better with break in.

I only use Glock mags.  I have tried ETS and Magpul mags but I don't think the small cost savings is worth any possible reliability issues.

Went with an RMR red dot and am happy.  May look into getting a different MOS plate based on this thread.

Carry every day and think the G45 is concealable without sacrificing capacity.

A red dot, as noted in other threads, feels like cheating.  (Especially once the old-man far sighted thing kicked in.)  Focus on target, put dot on target, put round on target: easy.

Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I kept the original trigger on my Glock 45.
After a couple of hundred rounds you'll learn to appreciate it.
My Shield Plus has a straight-ish trigger on it but I much prefer the Glock's stock trigger.
Also, I like to run stock parts on my carry / home defense guns.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you are planning on an optic, throw away the Glock supplied MOS plates. Get the FCD plate.

View Quote

FCD is the way
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I installed the Zev Pro connector in my 19 and 45. Easy to do and now the trigger breaks at around 4lbs. Best $10 I've spent.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I put the flat face Apex trigger and bar in mine.  Did the .25 trigger job.  Feels great.
View Quote

@Castrolr1

Does the Apex trigger bar change the feel? I have the Apex trigger and bar w/ their connector in my G45 and I don't like the feel of it, more of a roll vs wall, I do like the trigger shoe though. Was wondering if the Apex feel is more do to their connector. You can save me the hassle of changing connectors.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@Castrolr1

Does the Apex trigger bar change the feel? I have the Apex trigger and bar w/ their connector in my G45 and I don't like the feel of it, more of a roll vs wall, I do like the trigger shoe though. Was wondering if the Apex feel is more do to their connector. You can save me the hassle of changing connectors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Castrolr1

@Pallas.   Funny you say that.  I put the same thing in my uncles 19.4.  Absolutely hated how it felt.  And yes.. it was a roll feel.   Doing just the trigger and bar on mine + the .25 trigger job, my results were ..
Eliminated half the take up, there is a definite wall and my guess is around a 4lb pull.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@Pallas.   Funny you say that.  I put the same thing in my uncles 19.4.  Absolutely hated how it felt.  And yes.. it was a roll feel.   Doing just the trigger and bar on mine + the .25 trigger job, my results were ..
Eliminated half the take up, there is a definite wall and my guess is around a 4lb pull.
View Quote

@Castrolr1 Thank you. A friend of mine, real meat eater type and great shot, also got the complete Apex and hated it as well. This thing has made the rounds with his friends in his unit and none of them like the roll.

Thank you again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@Castrolr1 Thank you. A friend of mine, real meat eater type and great shot, also got the complete Apex and hated it as well. This thing has made the rounds with his friends in his unit and none of them like the roll.

Thank you again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you again.

It's funny how different the Apex kit is in my M&P.  It's wonderful.   The glock, not so much.

You are welcome
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#33]
What is the difference between the 19 and the 45?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What is the difference between the 19 and the 45?
View Quote

The G45 is a G19-length slide atop a G17 size grip.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Gen 5 G45 has a flared mag well, G19X doesn't. This also results in the G45 being slightly (1mm) wider.
G19X has the overbite at the bottom of the front strap. G45 doesn't.

G19X has the nPVD slide finish, 45 has the standard Gen 5 nDLC finish.

G19X is coyote (NOT FDE), G45 is available in black

G19X uses maritime spring cups, G45 uses normal spring cups (although they're both interchangeable).

G19X won't take "Gen 5" mags unless you swap the floor plates. G45 will. I put quotes around "Gen 5" because mags aren't really generational like the pistols are. There have been more than 20 versions of mags just for the G17.

G19X has a removable lanyard loop, G45 doesn't

Current production Gen 5 G45 has front serrations, G19X doesn't.

G19X comes with 219 round mags and 117 round mag (although you can add '+' floor plate, which is Glock part #7151, and insert, which is part #7165 to 17 round mags to make them 19 round. Also would require the #33601 11 coil mag spring). G45 comes with 3x G17 mags.

G19X doesn't have the newer breech cut that the newer Gen 5 pistols like the G45 have (which aids in ejection)

G45 is available in MOS (in black, FDE and gray), 19X isn't

G45 is available with factory threaded barrel in black, gray, and FDE  all come with suppressor sights  some Ameriglo. (There was a very limited run of 389 Glock 19X pistols with threaded barrels for a special contract, but only 8 are

The 19X is available in the SL version, which comes from the factory with a color matching Streamlight TLR7A light that has the Glock logo on the bottom. 45 does not.

In reality, the G45 has far more in common with a Gen 5 G19 or G17 than it does with the G19X

View Quote

Solid comparison. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Shoot it a bunch first. Glock triggers kind of suck but the gen 5s are an improvement over prior generations. There is not a lot that can be done with Glock triggers (outside of a flat trigger shoe and the Timney "weak reset" trigger pack) that can't be done by replacing the connector and lightly polishing a few metal-to-metal surfaces.

The G45 is never gong to be a 1911 race build. Adapt and overcome.
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one of those optics on a P80 build and so far I’m really liking it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top