Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2021 1:35:57 PM EDT
Looking for options, I understand the stock slide is not able to be milked for an optic. Is there anything out there besides Nelson Precision? I like their slide, but it seems they’re perpetually oos and there are some questions as to their reliability (granted it’s a .22, reliability ain’t guaranteed). I want as close to an rmr cut mos slide as possible to imitate my carry g19 mos.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking at Nelson as well.

Yes, but it now and they might be able to ship in May. What a joke.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not aware of another RMR-cut Glock 44 / Glock 19 gen5 .22 LR slide other than the Nelson Precision Manufacturing and BoogeyMan Customs 44X slides.

Nelson Precision Manufacturing is a small shop.  They're working on ramping up production and waiting on raw materials.  BoogeyMan Customs is co-located in the same complex in Tucson, Arizona.

The first-generation (gen1) NPM and BMC 44X slides were pre-ordered on Labor Day and began to ship in mid-November. It was a rocky launch. There were fitment and finish issues. The initial shipments needed to be returned for rework (at NPM's / BMC's expense).

NPM has since reduced the weight of the breech block (to which the MRDS attaches). The 44X slides currently available for pre-order (gen2) will incorporate the lighter breech block. NPM is currently evaluating how to get the lighter breech block to the Labor Day pre-order customers.

I'd strongly encourage you to join the GlockTalk Glock 44X thread.  This thread has a wealth of well-organized (directly indexed) information including range reports.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to ask Nelson Precision Manufacturing to add a MOS cut (I assume it's not patented by Glock).  NPM has received several other requests (see my mockup below).  The only downside would be an adapter plate would add to the weight of the slide.  Every fraction of an ounce has the potential to impact the reliability.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not aware of another RMR-cut Glock 44 / Glock 19 gen5 .22 LR slide other than the Nelson Precision Manufacturing and BoogeyMan Customs 44X slides.

Nelson Precision Manufacturing is a small shop.  They're working on ramping up production and waiting on raw materials.  BoogeyMan Customs is co-located in the same complex in Tucson, Arizona.

The first-generation (gen1) NPM and BMC 44X slides were pre-ordered on Labor Day and began to ship in mid-November. It was a rocky launch. There were fitment and finish issues. The initial shipments needed to be returned for rework (at NPM's / BMC's expense).

NPM has since reduced the weight of the breech block (to which the MRDS attaches). The 44X slides currently available for pre-order (gen2) will incorporate the lighter breech block. NPM is currently evaluating how to get the lighter breech block to the Labor Day pre-order customers.

I'd strongly encourage you to join the GlockTalk Glock 44X thread.  This thread has a wealth of well-organized (directly indexed) information including range reports.
View Quote

This is the kind of info I was looking for, thanks a lot
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Good thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top