Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2018 10:58:23 PM EDT
Got it together ok.  Frame went together well.

I used an OEM Glock lower parts kit

The upper was from 80Pbuilder.

Went together no problem.  Took it to the range today.  At first it ran good (25 rounds) then I started having failures to feed and extract

Then it began doing 2 shot bursts.  These were reloads that I run in my other Glock 23 with the 9mm conversion barrel.  They work fine out of it.

Any suggestions?

12/13.  No bursts anymore.   It won't eject fired rounds. They all either stovepipe or just rechamber.

I switched the slide with a Glock 23 I had with me. I has the 9mm conversion barrel on it. Ran like a champ on the P80 lower.

Funny I took the P80 slide and put it on the Glock 23 lower and had instant problems.  Like trigger wouldn't reset at all.  Never tried firing it like that.

Noticed scratches on the brass.  Took Flitz on a shotgun cotton swab.  Chucked it in a drill.

Runs great now
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Black Cerakote V2 G19 Complete Slide

Went together no problem.  Took it to the range today.  At first it ran good (25 rounds) then I started having failures to feed and extract

Then it began doing 2 shot bursts.  These were reloads that I run in my other Glock 23 with the 9mm conversion barrel.  They work fine out of it.

Any suggestions?
View Quote
Sounds like it runs about the same as a OEM Glock
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Any suggestions?
View Quote
Stop cobbling random things together and buy a proper pistol?

All I heard was I'm firing cheap reloads that I typically use in a gun that was originally a different caliber in a new pistol that I put together from assorted aftermarket parts.

I think you should call Glock and get them to fix it under warranty. Oh wait...
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:51:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the striker lug and trigger bar engagement.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#5]
How smoothly does the slide move? The rear rail height might be off.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
P80.  SSDD!

Quote is a Gay-Ron-Tee!

Striker tang skipping trigger bar engagement.  Slide-barrel-extractor-magazine-ejector angles getting worse as burrs wear off rear “rails.”  Expect it to get worse.

You did originally check the engagement with an inspection plate.  Right???  Thinking not.  If you do, you will find tips hanging on tips.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Took my P80940c out for the first time today. All Glock internals other than barrels. Loaded and fired 1 shot at a time five times no problem. Then loaded five in one mag, third round stove piped, cleared and fired the two remaining rounds. Then shot 90 more no issues at all, using Fed alu. and Tula steel, all 115gr. My $37.50 black Friday barrel shot about as well as my $180 barrel! Fouled a bit more thou.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
The rails look good and the new slide goes right on.  It is just as tight as my OEM Glock

I have a Glock 23 and put the slide on it also.  It goes on great and it shoots fine.

Dry fire it runs just fine.  I was even sling shotting the slide and letting it slam forward trying to get the striker go forward. Never had a problem.

The problem was when I put the new slide assembly on it.  I was expecting some break in time. Working itself out in a hundred rounds or so.

I ran to the LGS and got some Federal Ball ammo.

I took it apart, and put it back together. I am going to the range tomorrow and try it again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All I heard was I'm firing cheap reloads that I typically use in a gun that was originally a different caliber in a new pistol that I put together from assorted aftermarket parts.

View Quote
Are you afraid to build your own? P80's run just fine.... The problem WILL be solved... I agree that OP needs an inspection plate!!! Have a looky inside!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 4:02:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are you afraid to build your own?
View Quote
Hardly. Except I when I do it, I actually, y'know...build.

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any suggestions?

This is a technical forum. If you have nothing to add why don't you just stay out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Any suggestions?

12/13.  No bursts anymore.   It won't eject fired rounds. They all either stovepipe or just rechamber.

I switched the slide with a Glock 23 I had with me. I has the 9mm conversion barrel on it. Ran like a champ on the P80 lower.

Funny I took the P80 slide and put it on the Glock 23 lower and had instant problems.  Like trigger wouldn't reset at all.  Never tried firing it like that.
View Quote
I had issues with my slide as well, ejection pattern was all over the place. I upgraded the extractor to a lone wolf and the ejector to a gen4. Haven't had an ounce of trouble since.

Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I had issues with my slide as well, ejection pattern was all over the place. I upgraded the extractor to a lone wolf and the ejector to a gen4. Haven't had an ounce of trouble since.

http://i.imgur.com/x5oI8mU.jpg
View Quote
Mine throws the brass out once in awhile.  The problem is the slide doesn't go back far enough most of the time to get the empty case out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like your slide or barrel is the problem if it doesn't work on your glock frame either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top