Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2020 6:05:48 PM EDT
Yesterday, on an impulse, I decided to buy a Glock 44 while I was at the range. I bought 2 extra mags and a 525 round bulk pack of Remington 36gr golden bullet hollow points.

Instead of my usual routine of cleaning and lubricating a new gun prior to shooting, I decided to just to shoot this one straight out of the box while I was at the range.

Results: 525 rounds fired with ZERO failures of any kind. Also, gun shoots to the same POI/POA as the G19 I was shooting during the same range trip.

Bottom line: I don't know if the YouTube videos were of pre-production guns, or whatever, but I didn't experience any of the problems of FTF or high POI. All in all, I'm pretty pleased.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Military arms channel was a recent purchase....having the same problem as everyone else. My brother's g44 slide cracked at 610 rounds. I think there is a major issue.  Glock is giving my brother the run around on warranty too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea ill wait for a gen 2 or 3 , let em work the kinks out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Military arms channel was a recent purchase....having the same problem as everyone else. My brother's g44 slide cracked at 610 rounds. I think there is a major issue.  Glock is giving my brother the run around on warranty too.
View Quote
I wonder if there was a serial # range or batch lot # that had issues?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea ill wait for a gen 2 or 3 , let em work the kinks out.
View Quote
I'll be honest, the only reason I bought the gun was to teach my son how to shoot a handgun. I have several other .22LR pistols, but they are all target pistols and pretty heavy. The only other light one I have is a Beretta 21A and it has what feels like a 15lb trigger and not much for sights. The G44 is so light it feels like a toy and the trigger feels like every other factory glock. The gun is really nothing special and had the range not been running a sale and let me stack a 10% off coupon on it, I probably wouldn't have purchased it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw multiple videos of them kabooming in just one week.

I don’t know if that is brave or stupid to buy one now.  It could be a batch issue, or it could be design.

Definitely not a firearm I would let my children near at this point.

ETA: hope yours doesn’t have any issues.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
He's 5 so it's going to see a few years and several thousand rounds before he gets to shoot it. By that time, I'll have figured out if mine is reliable (and safe) and if there are any recalls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top