Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2021 5:48:02 PM EDT
Got a 43x not long ago and I absolutely love the gun but carrying it is becoming a pain. I always appendix carry and every holster I try seems to print badly or ride bad. I need reccomendations. I don't need a mag carrier rig just a holster that works. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a bradec I like it
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to carry appendix with a 43 for some reason I can more comfortably carry a full size Glock in a Milt Sparks holster  about 4 o’clock
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I found that the Tulster oath works best for my 43x
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it the butt that is printing?
If so, try moving the gun inboard towards the 12:00.
Peter Kokalis was a big advocate of crossdraw IWB.
Accessible to both hands and very surreptitious from behind.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
You're about to get an influx of JM Custom Kydex recommendations. It's all I heard. Went ahead and got one based on the suggestions. It's the best AIWB holster I've tried, but I still don't really like it. I can only stand it for a few hours MAX at a time. YMMV. I can fall asleep with me aliengear on at 4:00 though.

ETA: it's usually a G48 I'm carrying, so similar but different.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I honestly considered trading for a 48. Sounds counterintuitive but longer barrels seem to carry better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I honestly considered trading for a 48. Sounds counterintuitive but longer barrels seem to carry better.
View Quote

@tnm2guy. I think it’s more like longer holders can
carry better.  Gives more below the ‘waterline’ which prevents the pistol from popping out.  If you’re going to have a longer holster you might as well get a longer pistol.  That being said I like my Tenicor & Phlster pro for aiwb carry.  To get the grip to hide you either need some sort of arm/strut pushing on your belt while it’s attached to the holster.  You can also look at a trex style one that has a claw in line with the belt.  Personally I like camming bar that tenicor uses on some of theirs the most.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]
2012 and first posts were today, impressive.

I have a 43 that is housed in a Tier 1 Concealed appendix holster, I really like it.

It looks like their lead time is quite long now but it’s a great product.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
2012 and first posts were today, impressive.
View Quote

Long time lurker first time caller. :)  Honestly I use this board for information and a friend on here suggested today that I post to see if I could get any help. I do appreciate all your suggestions. Maybe now I'll have opened the floodgates and ill be posting a blue streak.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I carry my 43X in a Tenicor CERTUM 3 or VELO 4. I sometimes use my Tulster Profile depending on clothing choices. ALL appendix carry.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I've found that just about anything with a claw seems to conceal well with the 43x. The #1 thing that helps is not being fat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Look at Vedder holsters.  I've been carrying for decades, tried them all or most all of them and Vedder is all I use.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I like my x breed reckoning holster.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Tenicor Velo 4 or Certum 3. Depending on if you want the body contour or not on the back of the holster.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Small .38 revolvers are better for appendix carry for me.  Small 9mm auto’s at 4:00 or front pocket carry.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I use a cheap “sticky holster” for ISWB carry and it works just fine.  I hate a rigid/hard holster inside the pants.  Carrying my 43X is a pleasure.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have found that longer muzzles help with keeping the gun from rolling over the bel line with AIWB carry.

I was carrying my 43 AIWB long before the 43X and 48 came out. At the time, JM Custom was doing AIWB holsters with a "long" option, to add extra muzzle length to help with keeping the gun secure.

When I go my 48, it fit that holster perfect. It's quite impressive how less than an inch of muzzle length can aid so much with concealment, for me at least.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most people who actually carry eventually come to that conclusion.  

I carry a 43 in a 48 length holster.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This has been my experience. That said, screw appendix carry. strong side IWB just works so much better for me.

I spent a lot of time in discomfort trying to make appendix work, and for my body it just doesn't. Maybe you are asking the wrong question?
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Tier 1 is the most comfortable I've tried.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#22]
SLICC IWB/AIWB from Nerd in Inman, SC

http://www.weare-nerd.com

Also on Etsy

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been real happy with my Certum 3 from Tenicor.  Grab some foam wedges from KSG armory or anywhere else and experiment until you find what works.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:21:53 AM EDT
[#24]
I always recommend using one with a claw attachment. It's a night and day difference for me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:34:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You're about to get an influx of JM Custom Kydex recommendations. It's all I heard. Went ahead and got one based on the suggestions. It's the best AIWB holster I've tried, but I still don't really like it. I can only stand it for a few hours MAX at a time. YMMV. I can fall asleep with me aliengear on at 4:00 though.

ETA: it's usually a G48 I'm carrying, so similar but different.
View Quote

JM Kydex is very average at best. Bought one after hearing some hype and wouldn't buy from them again.

Cook's Holsters are vastly superior.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Raven Concealment Vanguard with a wing, most minimal holster you can get. For practice I use a cheap kydex so I can reholster easily.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I use a Fist 1-K for appendix with G43X

Metal clip has hook inside to keep it secure even in gym shorts or sweats.

Also look for anything using Discrete Carry Concept clips... Tenicore or JM Custom Kydex

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top