Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2020 11:16:36 PM EDT
I do not own either of these guns (I do carry a Sig P938).  If you had to choose one to carry everyday, IWB, which would you choose?  My son is looking to get a smaller gun to carry every day and we have kinda narrowed it down to these two.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
For me, Glock43x. You can upgrade it with a shield arms mag and get 15+1 in a nice concealable package.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#2]
The 365 is cool but Sig is a horrible company that puts out half tested designs made with garbage small parts.  

You end  up with a bunch of different revisions and never know what you’re getting from them.

Glock is a lot better. They kinda do one thing and don’t overthink things.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Bought the SIG first and carried it for awhile and then bought the Glock.   Sold the SIG.
Carrying the Glock daily with a Shield Arms 15rd mag.  No issues.
If it gets taken, it's only $350 to get another one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For me, Glock43x. You can upgrade it with a shield arms mag and get 15+1 in a nice concealable package.
View Quote

Yup. This.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Depends on how concealed your son needs to be and how easily his body type conceals

I had the p365 for half a year as a deep concealment gun. It was great and never gave me issues though I only ran like 500 rounds through it. The grip angle messed with me too much since everything else I own is Glock.

I hate the 43x. It’s got a lot of muzzle flip and for me it don’t conceal much better than a g19. I refuse to carry with aftermarket mags, I dgaf what Instagram praises are being sung about the s15

I get it that some people’s wardrobes and or body types necessitate a thinner gun. If you have the option, go Glock 19 / 26. Otherwise, the 365 is a great option. It has much better recoil characteristics than the 43x

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:56:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The 365 is cool but Sig is a horrible company that puts out half tested designs made with garbage small parts.  

You end  up with a bunch of different revisions and never know what you’re getting from them.

View Quote

The Sigs perform just fine now. Yes they went through revisions but they are a reliable platform.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I have both and like both. That being said, I shoot the Sigs much better. They also come standard with night sights and have factory 12 and 15 round mags.

I’d like to try and Shield Arms 15 round mag but I’m also a fan of factory mags and not having to swap out parts to make sure the mags work properly.

ETA: I prefer the Sig P365XL.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:19:57 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife loves her Sig P365XL for concealed carry. The capacity, night sights standard, trigger, accuracy are all pretty good. I tried it and like it as well, but I don't really get along with the mag release (my palm interferes if I maintain my grip) and prefer Glocks.  Definitely try before you buy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 2:25:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Have been a Glock fan for years.  Picked up the P365 (my first Sig) and have been very pleased with it.  I’d pick it again over the g43x for cc.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 3:47:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I have both. For fall and winter I carry the Glock 43x. Spring and summer it’s the Sig p365.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:29:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Had the 43X first, good gun, but not as compact as the sig.  Bought the P365 after selling the 43X and it’s been great.  Both are good, can’t go wrong with either i just prefer the P365
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Long time G42/43 owner.  Tried the 43x, no appreciable improvement in accuracy or control.  

Sold 43x.  Still have 42/43.  The proprietary mags for these doesn’t provide a benefit if you own 26/19/17 etc.  

P365 is Go too, accuracy is great for me.  Sights are excellent.  Just got a couple of factory 15 round mags.  

Shooting Buddy’s just bought P365XL and a 48 MOS.  I’d look at both of these today if starting from zero.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I carried a 43 for a couple years and liked it well enough (before P365 was out) and have also had a 43X but didn’t carry it much because I just didn’t really like it much and the capacity sucked for its size (before the shield mags).

I stayed away from the P365’s when they first came out because they had some issues initially that are now fixed. Plus I wasn’t too fond of Sig. Earlier this year I bought a P365XL and WOW, it’s a game changer. It’s the most perfect pistol I have found for CC (except pocket carry). It’s small enough but feels and shoots like a much bigger gun.

I now have 2x P365XL’s and 2x P365’s. I’d highly suggest looking into a XL or P365 with the XL grip. The grip gets you 70% of what makes an XL better IMO. If it wasn’t for wanting a pocket carry option and then having to have two of everything I’d probably only have XL’s. Plus with the XL you can put a tactical development rail on it with a TLR-7A and it fits flush and you have a compact 500 lumen light. With the standard all of the flush fit lights are pretty weak compared to that but better than nothing.

I’d get an XL if I could only have one but honestly the only way you can go wrong with a P365 is the SAS. Those sights absolute suck dick.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#14]
One other thing to consider is the magazines. Yes you can get a 15rd magazine for the 43X but take a look at what they’re selling for right now and it’s not going to come down any time soon. You can buy 2x P365 mags and have a few bucks left over for what they Shield Arms mags are bringing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Sig 365xl with the shorter grip on it. Night sights, cut for a dot, grip angle that works in human hands. I got one this year and it’s the gun that talked me out of 1911s for carry. Slimmer, lighter, higher capacity, and dots make distance shooting easier.

It’s my first Sig and I really like it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have both and like both. That being said, I shoot the Sigs much better. They also come standard with night sights and have factory 12 and 15 round mags.

I’d like to try and Shield Arms 15 round mag but I’m also a fan of factory mags and not having to swap out parts to make sure the mags work properly.

ETA: I prefer the Sig P365XL.
View Quote

This has been my experience as well. I have the 43 and 48 and just got a 365XL (and agree with davidb1982 that the 365XL is overall better then the standard 365 and also think its a better comparison to the 43x)

I am a long time Glock guy and won't talk bad about them but truth be told, in my hands, my Sigs are significantly more accurate. I have bought 3 Sigs over the last few years (226 Legion SAO, P320 Carry and the P365XL). All 3 have been 100% reliable, have great triggers and are super accurate. My experience with these Sigs has been so positive that I'm seriously considering retiring my Glocks and switching to Sig for my primary SD weapons.

So to answer the OP's question, between the 43, 43X, 48, P365 and P365XL... If I was starting from scratch and could only have one, it would be the P365XL
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#17]
My 43x has taken over primary ccw from my G26.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm a big Gen5 Glock fan. Matter of fact I'm carry both my G19 and my G17 today for shits and giggles.

But I can't stand the small Glock offerings and bought a 365 for the 2 times a year I might not be able to carry a G19. The 365 shoots like a much larger pistol. The 43/43x feels much snappier and with a crappier trigger and sights.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I have Glocks and Sigs and I like both. I use the Glock for home defense and Sigs for EDC. Recently I checked out the 43x and the 365xl. They both felt good for my grip, but the 365xl will give your more for your money, but I didn't buy either one. Settled on the Sig P320x compact and I love it...easy to conceal and it comes with 2-15rd mags. Hey Chauser, where can you find a Glock 43x for $350?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Bought the SIG first and carried it for awhile and then bought the Glock.   Sold the SIG.
Carrying the Glock daily with a Shield Arms 15rd mag.  No issues.
If it gets taken, it's only $350 to get another one.
View Quote

Why would it get “taken”?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Who makes that holster and what type of grip is that and is it abrasive against your skin?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#22]
43X MOS (with S-15 mags) > 43X (with S-15 mags) > 43X MOS or 365XL > 43X > 43 or 365
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 5:01:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why would it get “taken”?
View Quote

If you use it in self defense they will take it as evidence. Who knows when you’ll get back.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your opinion of course. My opinion is that you are dead wrong on both Sig and Glock, but we are all entitle to that personal opinion.

Sig is an innovator while Glock has only innovated one time. Sig also has a rock solid lineup of handguns which have been around for many years, while still innovating new designs in handguns, rifles and optics.

The P 320 did have an initial drop problem under a certain condition, but they were fixed fairly quickly. I had one of the early ones bought from a well known dealer on Gunbroker since the local dealers couldn't keep them in stock. The carry case it came in looked liked it had been used as a soccer ball on a rough concrete floor as it was heavily scratched and had pieces broken out both top and bottom. I sent it back under Sig's recall and it came back in 9 days from mailing it. Besides the recall work they included a note explaining they had checked it over for spring wear, etc. and they included a brand new carry case, which I had not asked for. Good customer service.

When the P365 came out there were a problem with some guns breaking strikers as I remember. A Sig executive acknowledge the problem in a public announcement and that they would fix the guns and develop an improved part. They did both. I've had my first P365 for over 2 years. My second one is a few months old and my third one, a P365 XL was a Christmas present which I had test fired a hundred rounds before my wife wrapped it. There hasn't been a single bobble of any kind in these handguns. They have completely replaced my two Glock 43s, which I still like a lot, and the little Sigs come ready to use out of the box with good triggers and excellent night sights. All my Glocks require an additional $100+ investment in decent sights to replace the crap factory sights. Talk about garbage, Glock charges a good bit for their guns and gives the buyer the cheapest of sights.

I'm a long time Glock user who has owned a number of different Glock models in different sizes and in four different calibers. I've carried various G19s in cool/coat weather for years and years with generally good results. Not my favorite handgun, but my favorite Glock until I bought my two Glock 43s.

Then I bought two new Gen4 Glock 19s, a couple of months apart, some time after that generation came out. Out of the box they were both turds. Both hammered my face and shooting glasses with hot empties. It was constant in every magazine full. If I was lucky only 6-8 hot empties hit me, but most of the time is was more and sometimes the whole 15-round magazine hit me full in the face. Others were having the same problem with Gen4 and some Gen3 Glock 19s.

The difference between the up-front Sig acknowledgement of a problem with their new design and the Glock response about the significant BTF behavior is night and day. Now, what was Glock's response to their Gen4 G19 problem? That if a shooter's G19 had all the most recent parts, as mine did at that time, Glock said there was nothing they could do and were sending back guns shooters sent to them with no fix applied. So they were slyly replacing some parts with NO public acknowledgement of the problem. And no fix. Crappy customer service in spades.

I read a couple of posts, probably on Glock Talk, from new police officers going through the Glock Armorer school. They said Glock told the instructors that the problem with BTF was weak ammo, which was straight up cover-your-ass Bullsh**. I didn't hear this myself, but it was posted like "Hey Guys, here is the cause of all your BTF problems". Not! Regardless, Glock was not up front about the problem, same as they weren't up front about the initial problems with the G42.

There have been a couple of posts on forums with the list of Glock's  quiet revisions to cover problems over the years. To my knowledge none of them have been made public or any problems publicly acknowledged. Points to Sig and demerits to Glock for transparency.

I looked on the internet for answers to my BTF problem as there were lots of posts about the BTF behavior of those G19s. I tried most of the proposed fixes including using different bullet weights, different ammo makers, different power levels, breaking in the guns with several hundred rounds, etc. Nothing helped and the NATO strength loads only caused the ejected brass to hit me in the face harder. It was so bad that once I came home from a range session with these two G19s and my wife burst out laughing. She got a camera and took pictures of my face which was pretty well marked up with black marks from the hot brass hitting me case mouth first and leaving powder residue marks.

I'm a Glock fan, but never a fanboi (one who blindly defends the brand to the death regardless) and those came out in force to protect the Glock name. They claimed weak ammo and limp wristing were the entire problem rather than the guns. A couple of the dummies actually said that if the gun ejected the brass it has done its job and where the brass goes is irrelevant. Unbelievable!  Guess if you had to fire in self defense and the first round put out an eye with a hot empty it is somehow your fault and not the gun.

I finally read about the Apex Failure Resistant Extractor for Glock for $60. I ordered one and installed it in one of my G19s. It was an instant fix. I fired 200 rounds that first day with the new Apex and had zero BTF. I ordered another Apex for the second G19. Before I installed that one I took the Glock extractor out and handed it and the Apex to my wife and told her one of the extractors was a factory part and the other an after market one. I asked her which seemed to be best made.

She would not know an extractor from a pollywoggledoddledoggleday, but she looked them over for a full minute and then held up the Apex and told me that this is the better one. Why? Well its lines are much sharper and more precise, its finish is better and more evenly done and it doesn't have that funny dip in the middle. That second Apex instantly removed the BTF from the second G19. I now have just under 3K rounds through each of those Glock 19s and haven't been hit even once in the face with a hot empty.

So, the after-market maker Apex could see there might be a problem with BTF in the Glock 19 Gen3 and Gen 4 based on owner complaints and then Apex:

[ul]
  • Determined that there was a definite problem with BTF in the Gen4 and some Gen3 Glock 19s.
    [li]Analyzed the cause of the problem
    Determined the root cause was the extractor
    Developed a well machined replacement part
    Successfully tested the replacement part
    Successfully marketed the replacement part to the great relief of Glock 19 owners

• Glock could not, or would not, do ANY of that to fix the problem they created.

Talk about garbage parts, those Gen4 Glock factory extractors fit the bill. And Glock displayed garbage behavior for ignoring the problem and instead blaming weak ammo and the owners for supposedly limp wristing.

I am not loyal to any brand of gun maker, instead buying what I like and what works. Unfortunately there are those who staunchly defend their brand and denigrate certain others, a behavior I have never understood. Of the four Sig handguns I have owned before my present P365s, I have kept none of them. Each and every one of those Sigs was well made and functioned perfectly including the P320, which I could shoot slightly better than my Glock 19s.  But, after using them for some time I let them go, as I have many dozens of other handguns over the years.

To answer the original question, all anyone can do is tell you their own experience or choice. I have two G43s and like them, but the P365 is a game changer in my opinion. I tried the 43X and it's just okay. Like Smith and Wesson adding two extra inches to the barrel of a 4" inch revolver and calling it innovation.

But the OP should handle both, and hopefully rent and shoot both. He will likely prefer one over the other even if that preference is only slight. If no preference then I would definitely go with the Sig 365 as it comes with excellent night sights and has a better trigger. It also has a bunch of pretty inexpensive customization parts available from Sig should he want a flat trigger, different colored frame, add or remove a safety, etc. In fact, with the modular design of the P365 its almost like a Leggo gun where the frame sizes and colors and even the slides are interchangeable. Way cool and practical little gun that I shoot a bit better than even my lovely Glock 43s and certainly a bit faster.

OP, there are no right or wrong choices between these two guns, only personal ones. Good luck with your own choice and may you shoot it in good health.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:57:49 AM EDT
    [#25]
    Removed text as it was a duplicate.

Link Posted: 12/29/2020 12:00:20 PM EDT
    [#26]
    43x
    Link Posted: 12/29/2020 4:35:30 PM EDT
    [#27]
    I carry an original silver slide G43x with shield arms mags and I’m very happy with it. That said, if the 365 was available when I bought it, I would have definitely considered it. The 365xl would be the one I’m most interested in because of the capacity and my giant hands.

I used to be a sig guy and then I had to sell them because of an injury that was expensive to overcome. When I jumped back into guns, I went with a g45 as my first full size pistol, was very happy with it, and decided the 43x was going to be my carry gun (after carrying a s&w shield for a little while).
    Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:58:25 PM EDT
    [#28]
    Thanks for everyone's opinions.  It surprised me a little as I thought Glock would get more love.  I held a Glock 43 and Sig 365 today although I have not shot either one.  The 43 felt better in my hand and I assume there is virtually no difference in it and the 43X.  The Sig p938 I have with the rubber grip is very comfortable in the hand, the 365 was not as comfortable to me.
    Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:40:48 PM EDT
    [#29]
    Quoted:
    Thanks for everyone's opinions.  It surprised me a little as I thought Glock would get more love.  I held a Glock 43 and Sig 365 today although I have not shot either one.  The 43 felt better in my hand and I assume there is virtually no difference in it and the 43X.  The Sig p938 I have with the rubber grip is very comfortable in the hand, the 365 was not as comfortable to me.
    View Quote

Try to find a range that has the 43, P365, and P365XL for rent that you can shoot. I'll bet you buy the P365XL after shooting them...
    Link Posted: 12/29/2020 9:37:49 PM EDT
    [#30]
    Quoted:
    View Quote

Virtually no difference between the 43 and 43x?  I’d say being able to get a full grip and 4 more rounds in the factory mags is a pretty big difference.
    Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:35:29 AM EDT
    [#31]
    I own more Glock’s than other handguns and my primary carry gun is a G19, but the P365 shot better for me. So that’s what I went with for myself and my wife. Her 43 was noticeably more snappy.
    Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:47:11 AM EDT
    [#32]
    Quoted:
    The 43 felt better in my hand and I assume there is virtually no difference in it and the 43X.
    View Quote

Your assumption is very wrong. Big difference between the 43 and 43x. Nobody buys the 43 or 365 because they feel great in their hands (unless they have really tiny hands). They are for people who need a really small gun for pocket carry or deep concealment. For people just wanting something a thinner and lighter then a typical double stack service pistol for CCW, the 43x/48 or 365XL are the way to go IMO.
    Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:45:06 PM EDT
    [#33]
    Excellent post. Thank you. I fluctuate between a Robared G26 and Sig 238 Legion. Thinking of checking out the 365XL now.
    Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:52:31 PM EDT
    [#34]
    One Million P365 pistols have been made in 18 months, darn impressive.
    Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:29:40 PM EDT
    [#35]
    I couldn't wait to buy a 43x. Shooting it was so uncomfortable that I grew to dislike it immediately.
    My finger dragged on the bottom  of the trigger and it felt like a nail poking me every shot.
    I only shot a couple of hundred rounds and hated every one.

I had shot a 43 quite a bit, and really liked it, and figured the 43X had to be better. To be honest, I didn't shoot a 43X first.

I sold the X and bought a 365XL after shooting one. It was an amazing difference between the Glock and the Sig. I shoot it better, faster and much more comfortably.

It fits my kydex holster perfectly, and I don't notice it after a bit.

It is my favorite carry gun.

I'm not anti Glock, as I have a 19 and 27 for occasional carry, and 21 and 17.
    Link Posted: 1/2/2021 7:00:51 PM EDT
    [#36]
    I've been carrying the P365 for about a year. It shoots great, and is 100% reliable. The only thing I'm not crazy about with it is the grip. The length from front to back is shorter than I'd prefer, and I don't have large hands. Surprisingly, I haven't heard of any other owners with this complaint.
    Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:20:47 AM EDT
    [#37]
    Quoted:
    I've been carrying the P365 for about a year. It shoots great, and is 100% reliable. The only thing I'm not crazy about with it is the grip. The length from front to back is shorter than I'd prefer, and I don't have large hands. Surprisingly, I haven't heard of any other owners with this complaint.
    View Quote

You’re not the only one. Still love my 365 but I've got big palms and wish it had a bit more surface area for them.
    Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:54:05 PM EDT
    [#38]
    Quoted:

Your assumption is very wrong. Big difference between the 43 and 43x. Nobody buys the 43 or 365 because they feel great in their hands (unless they have really tiny hands). They are for people who need a really small gun for pocket carry or deep concealment. For people just wanting something a thinner and lighter then a typical double stack service pistol for CCW, the 43x/48 or 365XL are the way to go IMO.
    View Quote View All Quotes
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    The 43 felt better in my hand and I assume there is virtually no difference in it and the 43X.

As is often the case, big blanket statements which include the words "Nobody" or "Everybody" are just flat out wrong, as is yours, since you don't know everyone nor their reason for buying either this handgun or that handgun.

I bought two Glock 43s and carried them for several years until replaced by my two standard Sig 365s. Both these models do feel very good in my hands with my newer 365 XL only very slightly better. Nothing at all wrong with the feel of the standard 365s or 43s for me or the many, many other shooters who have bought and used these two excellent handguns since their introduction.  I have never carried the 43s or 365s in my pocket and they are not "really small guns". I have a Kahr CW380, which is in fact a really small gun, for specific carry purposes mostly in the back pocket of my cycling jerseys.

My Glock 43s, and now my two standard Sig 365s and my 365 XL, are carried OWB or IWB.  And my hands for damn sure ain't "really tiny" as they are size Large in most glove sizes and Extra Large in some.  I use Talon rubber grips on all my polymer framed guns regardless of their size, which do add a bit of size to the gripping surface although the rubber grips are for texture not for size.  

Trying the guns in question is the best way for the OP to determine which gun to buy either through renting or using a friend's gun.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:51:08 AM EDT
    [#39]
    I would go with the Glock or Springfield HellCat before the Sig .
    Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:48:53 AM EDT
    [#40]
    Advantage Glock: Glock is so ugly if you ever ran out of ammo you definitely wouldn't feel bad about just chuncking it at the perp!
    Love my 365
    Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:59:01 AM EDT
    [#41]
    Another vote for the 43x
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top