Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 12:53:45 PM EDT
After carrying my 43 IWB for around a year, I decided to do a weight comparison with my 43X.  I've got large hands, & prefer the grip of the 43X. And I get more capacity with the 43X, which I prefer.  But I always thought that the 43 probably weighed a lot less.  I was wrong.  

I know for some situations & hand size, the 43 grip frame might be preferred.  Both of these guns are set-up for how I like them based on my hand size.  Your set-up may vary, and that may reduce overall weight even further.

Set-up:
43 - Hogue grip, +1 Pearce Mag extension, Ameri-glo sights
43X - Talon Tape, Shield Arms Mag release, Trijicon HD sights
Both guns loaded with Federal 147 Gr. HST.  And both have their triggerguards undercut.

43 with +1 extension (7+1 Capacity)
1 lb 6.5 oz = 22.5 oz

43X with 10 round mag (10+1 Capacity)
1 lb 7.7 oz = 23.7 oz

43X with Shield Arms 15 round mag (15+1 Capacity)
1 lb 10.5 oz = 26.5 oz

I think the best compromise is the 43X with 10 round mag.  As I get 3 extra rounds and a better grip for about an ounce.

Decided to add the Shadow Systems MR920.  This is with a Glock Mag, which seem to weigh more than the supplied Magpul mags.

1 lb 13.6 oz. = 29.6 oz

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s really not far off. I was comparing a P365XL with full 12rd mag, TLR-7A and Holosun 507K to a G19.5 MOS with a full 15rd mag, RMR, and TLR-7A the other day and put them on my shipping scale and was surprised that there was only a 5.5oz difference between the two. That’s not much. My Tenicor certum lux for the Glock is also lower profile in my pants and more comfortable that my DiVito for the Sig which is also a very comfortable holster. It really made me wonder why I’m carrying the smaller gun, so I started carrying the Glocks again for this reason plus another one of my 507K’s shit the bed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top