Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2019 2:29:21 PM EDT
What holster have you guys used for a G34 or full size 1911? I usually go with JM Custom but it has been a long time since I looked at other makers and I'm just looking for options you've used and liked.

5' 10" and 175 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
JM makes great stuff still. They're my go to for Glocks without weapon lights.

For 34 w/X300 I run Bawidamann or Henry Holsters
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Jmcustom 2.0 for my 1911.

Bawidaman gotham for when i want a light.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The Tenicor VELO is a solid option.  I carry my 34 in one.

https://tenicor.com/products/velo-gen4-aiwb-holster-for-glock
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
bawadimann looks interesting.  I love the raven hooks as the belt clips.

I've always preferred single clip holsters but the weight of a G34+x300+mrds makes me think there'd be reason to do a double clip.  Plus, looks easy to just unscrew the second if I want to do testing around the house.

Def gonna buy one once I've recovered from BF.  May or may not have had both my CC's get declined for spending too much, too fast lol
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Depends on your body type and how you wear the holster. I usually run the tenicor velo but for me, it moves the gun further toward the 2 o clock area and away from 12 noon centerline (your schlong). Based on my hips, this is fine for g19 sized guns when I sit down but it won't work for me for a 34.

Vdevgru's seraph holster is also superb, it is easier for me to move around due to the belt clip spacing.

I'd recommend either one of them. The older raven eidolon is still a relevant contender and I wear it once and a while, it does sit the gun up higher on the waist and is on Amazon with free returns.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]
TXC Holsters
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Not appendix but carry my 34 with x300 in jm custom kydex iwb.
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]
For the last year is been a tier one concealment holster but recently I have switched to a phlster spotlight.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I appendix carry a G34 with X300U in a PHlster spotlight. It's easily my favorite appendix carry holster. Very comfortable and you can conceal easily in just a T-shirt with little to no printing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appendix carry a G34 with X300U in a PHlster spotlight. It's easily my favorite appendix carry holster. Very comfortable and you can conceal easily in just a T-shirt with little to no printing.
View Quote
Can you post some pics?
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Tenicor velo. Most comfortable holster I’ve used to date.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Henry Holsters
PHLster Holsters
Dark Star Gear

I carry a G34 with a WML or G17 w/o WML.
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#13]
How can one sit with a pistol that long jammed into their crotch?
Link Posted: 12/10/2019 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
By not having the muzzle six feet below your belt.

I just finished a 1500 mile drive carrying a G17.
I've already driven 1300 miles with a G34 and WML.

Link Posted: 12/10/2019 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not hard.
Attachment Attached File

My problem is the width. My bawidaman gotham needs to be dressed around. I can wear my normal cloths with a 1911. The spare mag ads to that too.

I know Dave does but i have a hard time doing it every day
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

By not having the muzzle six feet below your belt.

I just finished a 1500 mile drive carrying a G17.
I've already driven 1300 miles with a G34 and WML.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/32904384627_d8d5b6ac6e_z.jpg
View Quote
Guess I never really considered how much ride height impacts comfort with longer guns.  Interesting
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Guess I never really considered how much ride height impacts comfort with longer guns.  Interesting
View Quote
With short guns, you need to push the muzzle down further below the belt to prevent the grip from toppling over the belt line. It's simple physics. Your belt is the fulcrum. Equal length above and below is in balance.

Even when I carried a G19, it was in a G17 holster so I could get a full firing grip on the draw. Dudes carrying a 26 in a 26 length holster have the backstrap nearly parallel with the top of their belt.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not hard.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1175861_jpeg-1190852.JPG
My problem is the width. My bawidaman gotham needs to be dressed around. I can wear my normal cloths with a 1911. The spare mag ads to that too.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not hard.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1175861_jpeg-1190852.JPG

Exactly. Width is the issue, not length. I use one of his Gotham holsters for my G43/TLR6 and it's fantastic. Tried one for my G19/X300 and my god was it thiccc. I could pull it off with a really baggy hoodie it something but not with normal dress. Length is easy. I can hide my P220 just as easy as my 43.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 1:01:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

With short guns, you need to push the muzzle down further below the belt to prevent the grip from toppling over the belt line. It's simple physics. Your belt is the fulcrum. Equal length above and below is in balance.

Even when I carried a G19, it was in a G17 holster so I could get a full firing grip on the draw. Dudes carrying a 26 in a 26 length holster have the backstrap nearly parallel with the top of their belt.
View Quote
This.  I'm short and was never able to comfortably run AIWB until I went to a G34 length holster for all my Glocks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a Velo on the way, I'll give it a go. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:10:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok, finally recovering from Black Friday enough to buy a holster.

Currently cant decide between a Tenicor Malus Sol  or a Bawidamann Gotham X300U.

I really like the adjustable camming bar (like a wedge) on the Tenicor, but I don't know how I feel about those clips.  I'm a big fan of the RCS hooko on the Bawidamann and the option to use their PUP features down the road is appealing. I don't like Claws, but the Bawidamann has a RCS Wedge option available.

Cost difference is like $20 so not a deciding factor, I just want the superior holster.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Currently cant decide between a Tenicor Malus Sol  or a Bawidamann Gotham X300U.

I really like the adjustable camming bar (like a wedge) on the Tenicor, but I don't know how I feel about those clips.  I'm a big fan of the RCS hooko on the Bawidamann and the option to use their PUP features down the road is appealing. I don't like Claws, but the Bawidamann has a RCS Wedge option available.

Cost difference is like $20 so not a deciding factor, I just want the superior holster.

What do you guys think?
View Quote
Pay for shipping and you can borrow my gotham.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you guys think?

Also FWIW, Tenicor is good to go.

I bet that doesn't help much.

What I've learned over the years of carrying this way is that it is more individual that OWB or plain IWB, the pants you wear, the shape of your body, etc all make big differences in how a particular holster suits you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I appreciate the offer.

What light is yours made for?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I appreciate the offer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the offer.

The 600 lumen 300u. Not the B/thumbscrew one.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice.  I regret not getting one of those.  Saw a video recently comparing it to the 1000 lumen model (what I got) and I was shocked to see that the throw on those was waaaay better.  However, I can't imagine a lot of scenarios where I'll be using my pistol for engagements that far out.

Anyways, just saw this video and... I'm off the fence.  Going with the Malus Sol.  
MALUS SOL AIWB Holster for Surefire X300 weapon lights from Tenicor
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:05:59 AM EDT
[#28]
IMHO JM Custom Kydex is the best there's ever been.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nice.  I regret not getting one of those.  Saw a video recently comparing it to the 1000 lumen model (what I got) and I was shocked to see that the throw on those was waaaay better.  However, I can't imagine a lot of scenarios where I'll be using my pistol for engagements that far out.

Anyways, just saw this video and... I'm off the fence.  Going with the Malus Sol.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBjZX6n3Z-Q
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBjZX6n3Z-Q
IMHO the 1,000 lumen X300U is ideal for a pistol. The 600 lumen model did throw better but out to handgun distances you'll have enough candela to get it done.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Looked at myself in the mirror this morning and realized the holidays did more damage than I thought .

Prob wont be able to comfortably AIWB for a bit lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top