Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 1/16/2021 9:06:51 PM EST
Hi Everyone,

Need some help here. The Glock 23 seems to be the redheaded stepchild of the Glock family.

I am looking for a 23 barrel with a fully supported chamber, threaded, and (ideally) in PVD. Any suggestions?

It looks like Double Diamond makes one, but I've never heard of them and wasn't sure if they're good to go on not.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:42:12 PM EST
I have a Blacklist industries barrel and love it.
I also have an Alpha wolf barrel and like it also.
Soon I will have 2 slides and barrels from Rock slide USA and I hope they do well.
I have several G23's and you are correct. Hard to find aftermarket slides and barrels.
Strange because its also hard to find factory G23 stuff on gunbroker unless you want to pay
crazy prices for it. Way cheaper to purchase the whole gun used.
Blacklist isn't the cheapest but it fit and ran perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:45:07 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JRHZ28:
I have a Blacklist industries barrel and love it.
I also have an Alpha wolf barrel and like it also.
Soon I will have 2 slides and barrels from Rock slide USA and I hope they do well.
I have several G23's and you are correct. Hard to find aftermarket slides and barrels.
Strange because its also hard to find factory G23 stuff on gunbroker unless you want to pay
crazy prices for it. Way cheaper to purchase the whole gun used.
Blacklist isn't the cheapest but it fit and ran perfectly.
View Quote
Good luck with the Rock Slide USA slides. I had to do a lot of work to my G23 slide from them just to get it to work and it will only work with all OEM parts and OEM G23 barrel. Others have had slide actually crack along the rail channel where the slide stop notch is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:09:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:06:43 PM EST
Yeah. I've heard a few stories. I tried to find some Tube videos about any issues but didn't find any really.
I'll try and post what happens when they come in.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:18:25 PM EST
I had to do a lot of deburring and also clean up excess Cerakote on my G23 Rock Slide. I also had to open up the firing pin hole and the front of the slide for the guide rod to even fit. I tried a few aftermarket 40S&W barrels along with a few aftermarket 9mm conversion barrels with this slide and none of them would work and function reliably. The only barrel I could get to work is an OEM G23 barrel.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:35:24 PM EST
I like the KKM drop in bbl
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:52:38 PM EST
The best groups I've shot with my Glocks were with Bar-Sto barrels. To me...they're worth the extra money.
Top Top