Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2023 11:59:39 PM EDT
I have a gen 4 glock 20 that I would like to trade in for either a gen 5 or an FN 510 tactical. I have several gen 5s and I do like them a lot. However, I have never held an FN 510, but they look awesome. Is the FN worth an additional $500?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 5:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

Use the extra $500 on an RMR.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Not for $500 more.  The Glock 20 is the equal or better of the FN and you can configure with the accessories you want.  Red dot, threaded barrel, etc.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#3]
get a glock
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Glock 20 has been getting it done since 1991. No way I would pay FN’s ridiculous price.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This is the way
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
IMHO, even at the same price the Glock 20/ 20sf is the best overall 10 mm platform . With some new sights or a red dot , the Glock is GTG. If you want upgraded triggers, or pretty much any other parts, holsters, mags, or just about anything the Glock has the support. The 5th gen Glock 20 MOS is the way to go .
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IMHO, even at the same price the Glock 20/ 20sf is the best overall 10 mm platform . With some new sights or a red dot , the Glock is GTG. If you want upgraded triggers, or pretty much any other parts, holsters, mags, or just about anything the Glock has the support. The 5th gen Glock 20 MOS is the way to go .
View Quote

This was my thought as well, but I’m always looking for something new…only to be unimpressed and go back to Glocks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Glock is still king of the striker fired 10mm game and happens to be the best value.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]
No fan boy of either.  Does the 510T come with suppressor height night sights?  Threaded barrel?  Ambi mag release?  20+ mag?  Better mounting options?  Come in other colors?
Nothing wrong with Glock, you'll have to bring it up to speed.  
Suppressor height night sights = $140
Threaded barrel = $175
Range bag = $50
Extended mag = $50
FCD optic plate = $75
Milling = $200
????

Go for it.  If you’re wanting something other than a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Either will do you fine.  I'd narrowed my 10mm hunt down to the 510 or 20SF, and went with the 510.  I liked all the features it comes with, like my FN FNP .45 Tac, and thought it was neat to have something new.

If money is an issue, then are you planning on shooting with a suppressor, as if you are, the 20SF will need at least a threaded barrel at 150 bucks or so, plus if you want them, suppressor height sights (personally I can't hit worth a damn with with "shoot through the can" method).  If so, then it's another 100-150 for those.  

Now it doesn't look from the pictures of the 20SF that they are milled for a red dot, so that'll be more - I haven't had milling done but what is that - 100 bucks or so?

So about 400 bucks to get a Glock 20SF with the same features as the 510.  GB prices seem to be about $550 for a 20SF, compared to $950-1000 for a 510.  So price is a wash for getting a 20SF to 510 features - it you want those.

One advantage a 20SF has it that it's a Gen 3, so you can find whatever parts you want, and they'll never go out of availiblity, while FN probably has a 10mm in design that will use about 5% of the same parts as the 510 - it's the way FN operates.

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No fan boy of either.  Does the 510T come with suppressor height night sights?  Threaded barrel?  Ambi mag release?  20+ mag?  Better mounting options?  Come in other colors?
Threaded barrel = $175
Range bag = $50
Extended mag = $50
FCD optic plate = $75
Milling = $200
????

https://i.imgur.com/C0S2GfH.jpg?1
View Quote

Uh, G20 Gen5 has the MOS system.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was going to say the same thing. I just got my GEN 5 G20 MOS and I purchased the ( Trijicon owned ) Ameriglo suppressor sights with the tritium front with white outline and blacked out rear. I also went with the widely know set standard FCD plate for my RMR and of course my Trijicon Type 2 06 3.25 dot RMR. You can find a really good condition used RMR for $350 to $400 on here or if you look around and you can also find brand new ones on sale for just over $400 to $500, the FCD plate runs right at $75. The Ameriglo sights are right around $80 to $100 and of course if you want a treaded barrel yeah you will be looking at $130 to $175 depending on who you get it from.

I looked at both and I realized I was still coming out cheaper going with the Glock route even though I am not looking for a treaded barrel and if I wanted to add one later. I just don't believe in paying FN or SIG their high ass prices and even street price is stupid for their stuff. Granted I've owned FN and SIG stuff and no longer have any FN stuff but I still own SIG 320's that I pieced together the way I wanted as I don't care for the stupid ass X slides and want my slides to be optics cut that is separate from the rear sight so I run the Pro slides which are cut and drilled for RMR, DPP and Sig optics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Threaded barrel = $175
Range bag = $50
Extended mag = $50
FCD optic plate = $75
Milling = $200
????

https://i.imgur.com/C0S2GfH.jpg?1

I was going to say the same thing. I just got my GEN 5 G20 MOS and I purchased the ( Trijicon owned ) Ameriglo suppressor sights with the tritium front with white outline and blacked out rear. I also went with the widely know set standard FCD plate for my RMR and of course my Trijicon Type 2 06 3.25 dot RMR. You can find a really good condition used RMR for $350 to $400 on here or if you look around and you can also find brand new ones on sale for just over $400 to $500, the FCD plate runs right at $75. The Ameriglo sights are right around $80 to $100 and of course if you want a treaded barrel yeah you will be looking at $130 to $175 depending on who you get it from.

I looked at both and I realized I was still coming out cheaper going with the Glock route even though I am not looking for a treaded barrel and if I wanted to add one later. I just don't believe in paying FN or SIG their high ass prices and even street price is stupid for their stuff. Granted I've owned FN and SIG stuff and no longer have any FN stuff but I still own SIG 320's that I pieced together the way I wanted as I don't care for the stupid ass X slides and want my slides to be optics cut that is separate from the rear sight so I run the Pro slides which are cut and drilled for RMR, DPP and Sig optics.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If their 12 other handgun platforms are any indicator, FN will discontinue the 510 in another year.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Glock 20 has been getting it done since 1991. No way I would pay FN’s ridiculous price.
View Quote

The G20 was design specific for the 10mm round...not a converted .45ACP platform.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Glocks and their history of reliability but they just don't fit my hand well. While I don't have a 10mm, my 509T, is very comfortable to shoot and I like the gripping angle better than most other brands. I didn't spend a lot on it,about $800 otd, which is not much more than a Glock. I know the 510 is more but prices will come down eventually,depending on how soon you need/want it, is another thing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 1:17:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I’ve been mulling over the same decision.  Glock 20 gen5 or the FN 510t.  Was leaning toward the Glock since it could be had for $620-$630 but decided to pull the trigger on the 510 when they sold it for $949.  I’m going to put a Holosun EPS on top of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top