Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2020 7:34:36 PM EDT
Hey all!  I am new to the RMR game.  I picked up a Gen 5 Glock 19 and want to get the slide cut.  I have done some research and found a few places.  Jagerwerks and Battleworkx seem to be the best choices.  I also found a place called Maple Firearms.  Anyone one have any recommendations?  I plan on getting the rear sight moved to the front of the RMR and have suppressor sights installed.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are all good options

Also look at primary machine and Floyd's custom shop something something. Someone will correct me

All get great reviews here. Pick whichever you are comfortable with
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 Jagerwerks
they did this one.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve used JW a bunch of times and have always been happy with the work and the lead time. I’ve consistently gotten my slides back either way before the quoted lead time or pretty much spot on for what was quoted. They’re very quick with responses to inquiries as well.

I currently have a slide with Maple Leaf... since late November but they didn’t start work on it until beginning of December. Not happy with their lead time as I’m a now a couple weeks over their max quoted lead time (started working on it 12/6/19 apparently). We’ll see. Last i heard from them the machining was done and it was at nitride, but that was a couple weeks ago they said that.

No experience with Battlewerx.

ETA: Still fucking waiting on Maple Leaf as of 2/17/2020. I don't know who their nitride provider is, but it shouldn't take this long. Got the same "it's at nitride" reply when I asked again a couple weeks after I initially contacted them. Really can't recommend them at this point if you want your slide back in a reasonable amount of time....

ETA2: 2/18/2020 they finally shipped my slide. So it was a little over 12 weeks lead time for me. Well over what they quote on their website.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Primary Machine

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Have had 3 done with Maple Leaf Firearms and 2 out of three were delivered on time.  Third was delayed in Cerekote, but when I called inquiring on a status update, I spoke to the owner and not only did he give me a status but he actually shipped the slide next day air without me even asking.

Total delay time beyond that lead time quoted was 9 days.

Had last slide milled by Agency and can recommend their AOS as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
BattleWerx did my RMR cut for a gen3 G17.... meticulous machine work... they thread the two mounting posts, but the front and rear fit is outstanding... I left my rear sight in the original rear location
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Battlewerx has done excellent work milling for rmr and nitriding several of my slides.

They have a gen 5 19 at the moment and I'll probably be sending another one shortly.

ETA:  atei, primary machine, jagerwerks, agency, maple leaf all do excellent work as well
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quite happy with my primary machine slide.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Almost perfect.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Primary Machine

Link Posted: 2/8/2020 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I had Agency Arms do my Gen3 and am very happy. I just picked up Gen5 and I am going to have them do that slide.

Their plate setup sits really low and I have the option of changing optics and rear sight position.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
https://www.sharkcoasttactical.com/our-services/custom-slide-cuts.  Awesome work, reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#14]
ATEi did mine and it is flawless.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#15]
My gen 5 17 slide is currently in transit back from BW. Will update when it gets here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My gen 5 17 slide is currently in transit back from BW. Will update when it gets here.
View Quote
Mine too.

Less than 4 week turnaround including nitride.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mine too.

Less than 4 week turnaround including nitride.
View Quote
Same! 5-6 was what they told me to expect, and I had no issues with that.  But a little less than 4 weeks was nice.  I was surprised when I got the shipping notification on Friday.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I would fo with JW, BW, or Black Phoenix Customs is where I sent mine.  Was excellent and less cost than others.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#19]
@catsnipah I got a package!  Battlewerx

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Jagerwerks
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm happy with Primary Machine.  Good work, fast turnaround, good pricing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ATEi did mine and it is flawless.
View Quote
Dougified is the way.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#23]
@fooboy

Looks awesome!  I also received my 17 slide on Monday, put it all together and it looks awesome.  I didn't torque the screws yet, as I want to tear it back down and clean the slide up nice and good before I reassemble and torque down.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get her sighted in before IDPA Saturday and Monday, so I'll still be shooting my 19 MOS.  Granted, it should be pretty close to on, but I'd still rather take it out to the range and check / validate / zero before using it in a match or for teaching / demo-ing in a class.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks good! How long did they take?

@Fooboy
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 11:58:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Less than 4 weeks
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Less than 4 weeks
View Quote
Cool, thank you. I'm about to send one to them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck battleworx...he destroyed my G21 slide and didn't come clean about it...I got a replacement slide, but took longer and I sent him three slides.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fuck battleworx...he destroyed my G21 slide and didn't come clean about it...I got a replacement slide, but took longer and I sent him three slides.
View Quote
I remember your thread. Seemed it came out ok per your thread update?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Glock-RMR-cut-service-gone-wrong/5-2189716/

mine have been excellent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
@oldbrowndog - who did the stippling the above pistol?

Is it too aggressive for concealed carry IWB where it would be in contact with your skin?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#30]
@EzGoingKev

Yoder Customs, out of Texas. Guy does good work for reasonable prices, this is my second gun he’s done. I don’t have any trouble carrying that gun AIWB, but it’s grippy as hell and I could see how it might be uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@EzGoingKev

Yoder Customs, out of Texas. Guy does good work for reasonable prices, this is my second gun he’s done. I don’t have any trouble carrying that gun AIWB, but it’s grippy as hell and I could see how it might be uncomfortable.
View Quote
Thanks @oldbrowndog.

I checked his site out and it looks like he offers multiple texture options. Do you remember which option in on the Glock I inquired about?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#32]
@EzGoingKev

It was the 'Noir' texture, if I remember correctly. I asked for the most open, grippy texture he had. I really like it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@EzGoingKev

It was the 'Noir' texture, if I remember correctly. I asked for the most open, grippy texture he had. I really like it.
View Quote
Thanks man.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#34]
G45, less than 4 weeks from mailing it to the return.

Found a deal on the Amerglo sights after I shipped it, so I have to spend the 5 minutes to put them on.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I sent mine off to Battlewerx right after I posted in this thread. They turned mine around in 2 business days (no cerakoting) and I'm very happy with the work. Fits like a glove.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Unless you want to be married to one RDS, the Agency AOS system.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a dozen or so with RMR cuts and the ATEI are by far my favorite
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Got it back from Battlewerx....very happy with it.  Looked factory and a nice snug fit for the RMR.  I recommend them! Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:57:49 AM EDT
[#39]

ATEI is the only way to go in my opinion. I’ve had a few guns done by them.

When permanently modifying anything it’s best to go for the company’s that stand by their work. I’ve seen a lot of company’s come and go.
ATEI stands out from the rest without a doubt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top