Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 7:30:56 PM EDT
I will be in Hartford later this year.  I imagine the answer is ‘no tours’ but maybe there is a slim chance?  Any of you been?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I dropped off an old series 70 for service once a while back.  I asked the smith that came out  the very same question you asked.  He said no, due to Colt being a military contractor.  I believe they still produce M4s for the military so chances are the answer will be no.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, sorta what I figured.

Planning to go by there and see the place anyway, even if just from the street.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The neighborhood ain’t so hot, may have changed or I’m not remembering  it correctly but do post and let us know what it’s like when you go.

Safe travels!
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Back in the early 90's, Colt had a few "Family Days" in which Cuzin Albert worked in the roll marking dept. for the M-16's and got me in to the West Hartford plant. Let me tell ya it was cool. Plenty of trinkets were passed out. Very interesting how parts/guns were made/assembled...good ole days.

RIP Cuzin Al
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top