BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2019 7:53:03 AM EDT
Anybody have one?
Good? Bad?

Appreciate feedback ,thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 1:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beemerman] [#1]
I've been eyeing it in tan. Looks like a great gun and, for what it cost. They say that the CEO of the Co. carries one so, maybe that says something.
I think 92 mags work also. Only thing I wish it had is a replaceable front sight.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered one Sat. Got it for $330,should be here today or tomorrow.
Going to get some mags from Greg Cote.They do use 92 mags.
All steel parts too,no plastic trigger or mag release.
Will be a range toy.

Will update after a range trip.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a lot of experience with these. Actually with the whole Girsan line in general. I'm not generally a Girsan fan, but these are one of the better products they make imo. They often shoot very well.

The big things to keep in mind is that they are a copy of the 92F, not the 92FS. So they don't have the enlarged hammer axis pin that keeps the slide from shooting off of the rear of the gun if a failure occurs. This always makes me a bit uneasy when shooting them.

The other major difference between the Girsan and the Beretta is the barrel and locking block. They aren't a direct swap. This can be a hassle if you need to change them because Girsan parts are generally hard to come by. Even the importers generally have trouble getting the parts for them.

The magazines are interchangeable with Beretta magazines which is nice. This insures that you won't have any trouble finding extras for it.

Imo when Beretta's were $600 + the Girsan wasn't a bad choice. Now that they can be had on sale for $450 a few times a year, I'd probably buy an actual Beretta for the little extra that they cost over one of these.

If you have any specific questions, just let me know and I'll be glad to answer them for you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slowr1der:
I have a lot of experience with these. Actually with the whole Girsan line in general. I'm not generally a Girsan fan, but these are one of the better products they make imo. They often shoot very well.

The big things to keep in mind is that they are a copy of the 92F, not the 92FS. So they don't have the enlarged hammer axis pin that keeps the slide from shooting off of the rear of the gun if a failure occurs. This always makes me a bit uneasy when shooting them.

The other major difference between the Girsan and the Beretta is the barrel and locking block. They aren't a direct swap. This can be a hassle if you need to change them because Girsan parts are generally hard to come by. Even the importers generally have trouble getting the parts for them.

The magazines are interchangeable with Beretta magazines which is nice. This insures that you won't have any trouble finding extras for it.

Imo when Beretta's were $600 + the Girsan wasn't a bad choice. Now that they can be had on sale for $450 a few times a year, I'd probably buy an actual Beretta for the little extra that they cost over one of these.

If you have any specific questions, just let me know and I'll be glad to answer them for you.
View Quote
Agree. I just got a new 92 Compact three weeks back for $439. I am new to the platform,and want this for a range toy.
Also,retired,so going the cheap route on this one.
Thanks for the info !
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Went to the Gun Club today and ran 100 rnds. thru it.
Shoots as good as my Beretta does.
All steel parts too,no plastic trigger,mag release,etc.
I like this thing!
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bigthicket:
Agree. I just got a new 92 Compact three weeks back for $439. I am new to the platform,and want this for a range toy.
Thanks for the info !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigthicket:
Originally Posted By slowr1der:

Thanks for the info !
Also, there's Police trade-ins option as well.  Here LGS has them for $375 with two 15 rds mags. Went there the other day, and they looked very nice for pre-owned 92FS.  The DA was very smooth.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Guns Midwest has the Regard for $299.50 in all black.  I'm so tempted.  I wish Zenith was still the importer though as they actually gave you the three mags the pistol ships with as where EAA robs mags as usual.  No biggie as I'd order a few MecGar 18rd mags from Cote...
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DCopp:
Guns Midwest has the Regard for $299.50 in all black.  I'm so tempted.  I wish Zenith was still the importer though as they actually gave you the three mags the pistol ships with as where EAA robs mags as usual.  No biggie as I'd order a few MecGar 18rd mags from Cote...
View Quote
I picked up a new one on Armslist for $300.  It is a Silver and Black 2 tone
Very well built.   Smooth action and the grip feels great
It’s not as accurate as my 92FS but still shoots well
Accuracy is on par with my Taurus PT92
I am glad Beretta 92 magazines work with them
That is one thing I hate about EAA guns.  Only 1 magazine with them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCopp] [#9]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

That is one thing I hate about EAA guns.  Only 1 magazine with them.
View Quote
Fucking cocksuckers EAA are...Zenith offered the same gun for less $$$ with 3 mags
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up one of the 92 Compact Turk versions because it was a single action only variant like a sig SAO.  Love it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 9:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lanza] [#11]
Is the grip on this one the same size as the Beretta?  I love the Beretta, but the grip is just too blocky for my tastes.  The 92X, with it's trimmed down grip, is great, but I'm not spending that much on the gun, haha.

EDIT: width on the Girsan is listed by EAA at 35mm.  Beretta's website lists the 92FS at 38mm.  Don't know if that measurement is the grip or slide.  Likely the latter, but it might trickle down to the grip.  Watched a couple of YT vids, and a couple of shots I saw seemed to indicate the Girsan may be just a bit narrower in the grip.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 800 rnds thru my Girsan now.
Trigger is much better than the Beretta 92 FS that i picked up.
I'm pleased with it,it's a keeper.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Lanza:
Is the grip on this one the same size as the Beretta?  I love the Beretta, but the grip is just too blocky for my tastes.  The 92X, with it's trimmed down grip, is great, but I'm not spending that much on the gun, haha.

EDIT: width on the Girsan is listed by EAA at 35mm.  Beretta's website lists the 92FS at 38mm.  Don't know if that measurement is the grip or slide.  Likely the latter, but it might trickle down to the grip.  Watched a couple of YT vids, and a couple of shots I saw seemed to indicate the Girsan may be just a bit narrower in the grip.
View Quote

The grip is slimmer than the M9 grip. The lower back strap hump is also contoured differently and protrudes less than the M9.

There would have been a lot less bitching about the M9 if it had a grip form like the Girsan.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Greetings,

I have just purchased the Regard MC. Not many options out there now. Intend to use it for HD and some target shooting.
Just found this thread and started to wonder how potentially problematic the slide/frame separation can be. Is that a significant issue with this model as well?
Are there any aftermarket mods to diminish the possibility of this happening?
Are their aftermarket conversions to 92FS?
Thanks for any ideas.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#15]
It should have the enlarged hammer pin to prevent it
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Thanks! Nice to know. Looking forward to try it out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Hi:

I just pickup mine up ~ 1 week ago. I am quite happy with the finish but man, have I had an excessive amount of jams.  Using reloads + Winchester White Box.  All of those work well in my M&P.  I have ~ 33% failure (25 of 75) in the Girsan.  I cleaned it before first shooting it, and after.  Jams are that the spent casing will not eject and has to be manually pulled out from the barrel (& thus interferes with the mag trying to load a fresh round in the chamber.  

I emailed Girsan (can't call) and they responded within 10 minutes - try different ammo.  I personally thought it was a BS answer with a new gun + that high of a failure rate + shooting another 9mm next to it and it worked flawlessly.  I did change out the grip to a Hogue and might be thinking that is interfering with the (ext) trigger bar.  I've since put the original back on.  

I suspect it's going back to EAA (FFL + Shipping Costs $$), but I want to try all things on my side first.  I knew I was saving some money, kind of regretting this now.  ALL of the reviews I read have been not only positive, but to summarily state - a better Beretta.  My doesn't appear to be that.  I've had no experience with Beretta to know if they'd be any different.  So far, not a fan of EAA or Girsan.  

Has anyone experienced this?   Have suggestions for me to try first (before sending it in).  Thanks.

George
(Spritey1964)
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I have 2. Just as good as the M9 I used in the army. Love them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

That’s news to me. Everything I’ve read says they don’t, as they are an F clone and not FS.

Beretta grips will work, but you have to modify them and they still won’t line up perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Unless they have changed them very recently, which I don't think they did, they don't have the enlarged hammer pin. They are a copy of the 92F, but the FS.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Spritey1964:
Hi:

I just pickup mine up ~ 1 week ago. I am quite happy with the finish but man, have I had an excessive amount of jams.  Using reloads + Winchester White Box.  All of those work well in my M&P.  I have ~ 33% failure (25 of 75) in the Girsan.  I cleaned it before first shooting it, and after.  Jams are that the spent casing will not eject and has to be manually pulled out from the barrel (& thus interferes with the mag trying to load a fresh round in the chamber.  

I emailed Girsan (can't call) and they responded within 10 minutes - try different ammo.  I personally thought it was a BS answer with a new gun + that high of a failure rate + shooting another 9mm next to it and it worked flawlessly.  I did change out the grip to a Hogue and might be thinking that is interfering with the (ext) trigger bar.  I've since put the original back on.  

I suspect it's going back to EAA (FFL + Shipping Costs $$), but I want to try all things on my side first.  I knew I was saving some money, kind of regretting this now.  ALL of the reviews I read have been not only positive, but to summarily state - a better Beretta.  My doesn't appear to be that.  I've had no experience with Beretta to know if they'd be any different.  So far, not a fan of EAA or Girsan.  

Has anyone experienced this?   Have suggestions for me to try first (before sending it in).  Thanks.

George
(Spritey1964)
View Quote

I would suggest  you try 1 box of 124 grain 9mm and see if the pistol  functions.
Some handguns are designed to function on the hotter load of the 124 grain Nato, but will choke on 115 grain.
Cheaper than the ride back to EAA.
Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top