Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 10:16:03 AM EDT
I bought a Chiappa M9 40 Compact made by Girsan 300 otd.

I had a Beretta 92f Compact 9mm upper and a 96D compact upper and also 2 92fs uppers/ parts kits.  The Girsan compact frame is shorter, so the 92fs slides have a gap at the dust cover.  I spent $105 for the 92f compact slide, barrel and parts kit.

The barrel rails and locking block on the Girsan are slightly larger than a Beretta barrel. Although on the 4 different Berreta lowers, the Girsan barrel fit fine on one, tight on one, and not at all in the other two.

If you want to use a Girsan barrel in a Beretta slide, you have to change the locking block, the Girsan one is shaped different.

All Beretta barrels fit in the Girsan frame.

The Beretta slides onto the Girsan frame.  3 were tight, one would slide more easily.  I took the tightest, the 96D slide with some JB bore cleaner and worked it until it moved freely.  It took it through the coating on the Girsan frame, but not all of the way into the metal.  

Beretta parts in Girsan frame.  Most fit right way.  The grips do not, the holes are off.  Grip screws work, but the Beretta screws are too long since the grips are thinner.  The Beretta disassemly lever was too big for the Girsan hole. I tried two.  The Beretta trigger was too long and would hit the trigger guard.  Everything else worked.

I first set the Girsan frame up to shoot with a DAO 96D set up.  Worked great.  Tried a Ciener kit on it, no problems.

Took it apart and turned it into a 92F Compact.  With almost all Beretta parts.  Works great too.  Switched out the hammer D spring for a Wilson 14# Spring and it works great.

Bottom line, the Girsan frame will work with Beretta parts, just need to fit the slide to the frame.  I have 300 rounds mixed 40 and 9mm through it so far with no issues at all.

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a girsan 40 fs,  it does not have the large hammer pin to stop the slide from hitting you in the face during a slide failure.

I tried putting my m9a3 slide on it and it does not fit.  I have a 22 conversion kit and it fits the girsan.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Today I installed a Beretta G decocker in a co workers Gersan Regard.
It fits and functions as designed. His next mod will be a D spring followed later by target sights.  Quality of interior and exterior fit, finish and machined surfaces is equal to initial production Italian manufactured M9s. I would have no qualms owning one of these if it were on my list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top