Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2018 1:56:35 PM EDT
I usually do my own sight replacements on glocks, but as hard as I try to keep it straight, it seems to turn slightly as I tighten the screw.

Any tricks to this?
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I eyeball it. you could use a straightedge held against the front sight and measure from side of slide at the front and rear of the straightedge to verify it's parallel to the slide.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
After it slightly turns from tightening the screw I use a needle nose with electric tape and straighten it back out...I put the needle nose on the sight blade and slowly straighten it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After it slightly turns from tightening the screw I use a needle nose with electric tape and straighten it back out...I put the needle nose on the sight blade and slowly straighten it.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I hold it with needle nose pliers WHILE I’m tightening the screw.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I flip the slide upside down and secure the sight in my vice. Then I move the slide until the firing pin hole is centered on the gap in the vice jaws and tighten the sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top