Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2023 8:57:33 AM EDT
I keep seeing confusing information out there.  I am looking for a direct mount optic that doesn't use an adapter plate.  I would love a Holosun EPS carry, but it appears that it uses what they call their "k" footprint, and would require the plate.  I also have seen people mention that the Holosun 507K would fit without a plate, but that model was discontinued and they now make the 507K X2 which is a "k" footprint.  I know that the new Vortex Defender optic is direct fit - which is an option, but I've read bad things about the refresh rate being too low for it (otherwise its a decent option).

Can anyone shed some light on any of this and provide some guidance please?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I used a Swampfox Sentinel, no plate needed. I also use Ameriglo CAP sights, which are slightly higher than the original sights.  The optic is low enough & the sights high enough that I can see them thru the optic window.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
These guys will fix it so you won’t need a plate. I sent them my slide last Saturday and had it back Friday.

https://www.namelessarms.com/product-page/m-p-shield-shield-plus-optic-ready-re-machine-for-holosun-507k-407k-eps

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
This will mount directly to your slide. They ain’t too bad.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/riton-optics-3-tactix-mprd-2-micro-red-dot.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Good info.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Nameless cut my non-optic slide as well.  Fast, great work. I'd totally use them again.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Another plug for Namelessarms. They do great work. My Gen1 slide.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:13:20 AM EDT
[#7]
You want a good reliable optic.

If that requires a plate (cheapest/quickest) or modification to the slide (more expensive, takes longer if you can't do it yourself) then you have to ask yourself if you'll be happy not having the optic you really want.

I modified the cut (removed the back posts and very slightly shortened the front posts) to mount a Holosun 407K on it.  On the next one I used a plate from DPP Titanium.  They state it's good for the 407K and 507K, don't know how that fits into the optic you want.  It is thin enough that I can still see/use the factory night sights (can see a small bit of the top of the front sight.)

DPP Titanium Optic Adapter
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#8]
507k x2 will direct mount but you have to mill off the rear lugs and shorten the front ones.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Got this optic.  Looks nice, but the supplied screws are too big and the factory screws are too short.  By the way, there are 2 protruding lugs at hte front of the slide on the two 30SC recently aquired.
What size screw do I need?  Source for them?

UPDATE:  For this optic, #6x32x1/2" button head cap screws fit.  The optic appears to be worth $100.  However, it is not waterproof.  The bottom battery compartment is open.  The optic is not really captured by the lugs on the slide.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You want a good reliable optic.

If that requires a plate (cheapest/quickest) or modification to the slide (more expensive, takes longer if you can't do it yourself) then you have to ask yourself if you'll be happy not having the optic you really want.

I modified the cut (removed the back posts and very slightly shortened the front posts) to mount a Holosun 407K on it.  On the next one I used a plate from DPP Titanium.  They state it's good for the 407K and 507K, don't know how that fits into the optic you want.  It is thin enough that I can still see/use the factory night sights (can see a small bit of the top of the front sight.)

DPP Titanium Optic Adapter
View Quote

The one I bought a month ago came with two plates.

One on the left looks a lot like the C&H plate that goes for $50. It allows for much better iron sight co witnesse then the one ton the right. I installed the one on the right as I didn't like not having recoil lugs. But I'm thinking of swapping them out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Just purchased a Holosun EPS Carry for my Shield Plus.
We'll see if I need the included adapter plate or not.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Just received my Holosun EPS Carry green MRS (new batch).  It fit my Shield Plus in 30 SC just fine with NO adapter plate.  Pistol is also likely recent production.  The Holosun is much nicer than the Riton, but slightly bigger.  Also, the Holosun is about 4x more $.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just received my Holosun EPS Carry green MRS (new batch).  It fit my Shield Plus in 30 SC just fine with NO adapter plate.  Pistol is also likely recent production.  The Holosun is much nicer than the Riton, but slightly bigger.  Also, the Holosun is about 4x more $.
View Quote

I pulled the cover plate off of my 30SC Shield Plus and it has the new cut as well.  It will be getting an EPS Carry.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I put the Vortex Defender on mine.  Fit like a glove, with no plate, no mods.  Sights visible in the window.  Frame is a little wider that Holosun 407K, but when shooting with both eyes open, it is imperceptible.  It is a little wider up front than the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top