Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 3:21:58 PM EDT
Why do I feel like I read that here or somewhere else? That the Trijicon or other manufacture night sights for previous Glock generations don't work the same on Gen5 Glock 9mms.

Someone tell me I'm making this up and any night sight I buy will work just fine.

Trijicon HD is my go-to for sights. Wanted to get some on a Gen5 19 and a 43X.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it's a height difference. I think gen 5 sights are taller than previous models.

Ameriglo Trooper FTW!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why do I feel like I read that here or somewhere else? That the Trijicon or other manufacture night sights for previous Glock generations don't work the same on Gen5 Glock 9mms.

Someone tell me I'm making this up and any night sight I buy will work just fine.

View Quote

43x will just be 43 sights. Can’t help on the gen 5 but that does seem to be what I’ve read.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the GL-821 on both of my gen 5 19 pistols.

https://ameriglo.com/collections/products/glock-trooper-sets
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I installed generic Truglo on my Gen 5 G17 with no issues.  They do make a high and low set.  Your choice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Glock is just following the trend and going to a Combat Hold.
If you want Center Hold or 6:00 Hold, get the sights that will give you that.

Bench the gun, do the math, get the sights.
If you don't know what that means, then you will have to get someone else's husband to help you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Gen5 sights will be front dot = POI. All most others will be top of front sight = POI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top