Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2022 8:47:28 PM EDT
I recently picked up a used GX4, I love the trigger break...maybe a touch heavy but that's OK. My issue is with the takeup to the wall..it is super gritty. I took apart the whole frame...removed the FCU then removed trigger/bar, and sear housing and the sear. I polished the trigger bar and chassis
did a fine touch up with 1200 grit on the trigger bar sear mating surface... sides of the sear and the sear channel. I could not see or feel any burrs. when I get it all back together it still feels gritty... I have narrowed it down to the sear, I believe it's the sear spring legs which are painted blue that are hanging up just enough as the sear is being activated...thoughts?   I'm probably gonna take it all apart again tomorrow and polish the spring legs and just look around a bit more. I'll try and take a few detailed pics.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok I took it completely down today and re polished the entire sear, and where the sear rides in the housing. this sear does not just pivot on a pin but rather slides down and out of the way. the Nubs on the side of the sear ride in a channel, I used a toothpick with 1200 grit to smooth this channel on the housing. I also lightly polished the sear spring legs...I greased a few spots and oiled others... while the pistol frame was apart I decided to go all the way with disassembly and clean the entire slide also. I polished the firing pin block plunger while it was out. I also cut down a ZEV Glock striker spring to match the factory taurus length and installed it. after getting everything back together there is no more grit in the trigger takeup, and the trigger pull is still crisp but not as heavy as it was. I am happy with the results.

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I am looking at this as an EDC.

What has been your reliability experience?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Leesmith:
I am looking at this as an EDC.

What has been your reliability experience?
View Quote

well I only shot about 100 rounds through it before trading with my son for his G3C... I had no issues with FMJ or HP, he shoots it once every two weeks and says he runs a mag or two through it... no issues.

only reason i traded it is my arthritic fingers needed more "real-estate" to hold on to.  I liked the design of the trigger and 90 deg wall on the GX4 but  the G3C trigger pull is so much easier for my bent finger.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Good post on the G4 , I had one and traded it , still have 2 extra mags and the holster , may get another . went with a SW Plus Shield .with night sights
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I still look at these had one a while bak and traded it but didn`t have any problem
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the same thing, gritty trigger.  Thank much for your post.  I will try what you did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top