Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2020 5:48:39 PM EDT
I have a backpack with a flat "loop" sewn on the waist belt and I was thinking a paddle holster might slip into it making it a bit easier to carry my revolver when hiking.

Has anyone done this? What holster?

I found this one on Amazon that might fit but not sure how well.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
For that application I would want a thumb break so the revolver doesn’t go missing.

Maybe like this one:
https://www.craftholsters.com/leather-paddle-holster-w-thumb-break
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Safariland 567 can be found around 40 bucks and is a very good holster, available for your gun. It may be the 568? with the paddle attachment?
But it will take the Safariland 3 screw attachments so you can use it a lot of ways on different size belts and ride heights. Mine lives on a 2" belt..

The paddle is LARGE but can be cut down. Don't think I'd like a paddle the way you describe but that's just me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For that application I would want a thumb break so the revolver doesn’t go missing.

Maybe like this one:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe like this one:

Thanks for the tip. That one looks maybe a bit smaller too but hard to tell when the image is for a pistol not revolver.

Quoted:
Safariland 567 can be found around 40 bucks and is a very good holster, available for your gun. It may be the 568? with the paddle attachment?
But it will take the Safariland 3 screw attachments so you can use it a lot of ways on different size belts and ride heights. Mine lives on a 2" belt..

The paddle is LARGE but can be cut down. Don't think I'd like a paddle the way you describe but that's just me.

How would you do it? Open to better ideas.

The webbing is stitched to the waist belt which is behind a pocket that can be adjusted. Seemed like a good place to carry my revolver but no way to attach it with a regular holster so only a paddle holster will work, I think (may not fit though due to other parts of the belt being in the way). I've usually just used a regular belt holster with the pack belt over the top, but that means I'm doubling up on belts and it's bulkier. I guess the paddle holster could be used sans belt and just on my pants, but probably not enough support on lightweight hiking clothes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not currently on a paddle but still a really good option
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Could it be the 569?

https://safariland.com/products/model-569-custom-fit-belt-clip-concealment-holster-28064

Or are you saying one of the belt holsters can be made to work with a paddle clip?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip. That one looks maybe a bit smaller too but hard to tell when the image is for a pistol not revolver.

The webbing is stitched to the waist belt which is behind a pocket that can be adjusted. Seemed like a good place to carry my revolver but no way to attach it with a regular holster so only a paddle holster will work, I think (may not fit though due to other parts of the belt being in the way). I've usually just used a regular belt holster with the pack belt over the top, but that means I'm doubling up on belts and it's bulkier. I guess the paddle holster could be used sans belt and just on my pants, but probably not enough support on lightweight hiking clothes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe like this one:

Quoted:

I'm not dogging on your idea, without seeing the pack, I don't have a clue it might work very well for you.
My old, decrepit ruck has a belt that will accept a holster as the padded component is under a 2" belt component. So I'm no help.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Could it be the 569?

https://safariland.com/products/model-569-custom-fit-belt-clip-concealment-holster-28064

Or are you saying one of the belt holsters can be made to work with a paddle clip?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could it be the 569?

Yea.
I have used that holster with a paddle, a 1 1/2" belt attachment and (now) a high ride (adjustable to 2 ride heights) 2" belt attachment.
If you have a holster compatible with the Safariland screw pattern I'll send you a Safariland paddle to try out (free). I have multiples that I don't use.
I've used Ulti Clips to adapt holsters to odd uses as well. Something to consider.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not currently on a paddle but still a really good option
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433221/1604371586093_jpg-1752792.JPG
View Quote

I first bought one for a N frame not expecting much, it was on sale for about $32, They really are great holsters.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yea.
I have used that holster with a paddle, a 1 1/2" belt attachment and (now) a high ride (adjustable to 2 ride heights) 2" belt attachment.
If you have a holster compatible with the Safariland screw pattern I'll send you a Safariland paddle to try out (free). I have multiples that I don't use.
I've used Ulti Clips to adapt holsters to odd uses as well. Something to consider.
View Quote

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a Safariland holster of any kind. Currently using a Simply Rugged holster for this revolver. When I have a pack the belt just goes over it or sometimes I can slip it under.

I did read a comment about a GP100 being a bit too heavy for a paddle holster and likely to ride hanging out away from the body. Sandwiched between the backpack belt and pocket it'd likely be fine, but I'm starting to question if it will fit given the other sewn components. The pack is the Badlands Monster pack. This is the only pack I have with the space to attach a holster so maybe not worth it given I'd have to fall back to a belt holster with other packs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top