Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2020 1:43:15 PM EDT
I'm looking at sight options for a 1911 with Novak sight cuts.  What I really would like is to get a 10-8 National Match type rear sight that resembles a beefed up GI rear sight, but I know that won't fit the Novak cut.

Does anyone make a flat style rear sight that will work in the Novak cut?  While I know they are quality sights, the aesthetics of the ramp rear sight just always throw me off.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Harrison Precision
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigthicket:
Harrison Precision
View Quote

I looked at their site and couldn't find anything that was a GI style sight that fit the Novak Cut.  Could you post a link?  Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Just to clarify, you're looking for a GI style sight that fits the Novak cut, but doesn't extend back over the flat?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By StevethePirate:

I looked at their site and couldn't find anything that was a GI style sight that fit the Novak Cut.  Could you post a link?  Thanks!

View Quote

Missed that.Thought you wanted a flat blade rear,sorry.
Don't think i have seen what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Right.  I doubt anything like that exists, but hoping someone might know

Something akin to this:

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I suspect you'll have to see if a smith can custom make one. It shouldn't be difficult if you can find someone that will do it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Doubtful. I'll bet a Smith would want to solder or weld a piece in and machine the new dovetail and refinish the slide. You might be better off getting a new slide.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Right.  I doubt anything like that exists, but hoping someone might know

Something akin to this:

https://i.imgur.com/UI7heGD.jpg
View Quote

FYI, sight on the top is a Harrison, bottom is a 10-8.  I took the pic after building up the bottom one.  Only ran across this because I just replaced the tritium front and was browsing the board afterward.  

Anyway, you're probably SOL finding something off the shelf to fit a Novak cut.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:00:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Harrison rear sight

Heinie Ledge rear sight

I guess you could put a HD retro rear in a Novak cut assuming the HD fits in the dove tail. My HD retro took a lot of fitting to get it in a GI dovetail.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 5:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
You two options are get a new slide with the proper sight cut.
Or get the 10-8 rear sight made for the Novak cut

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/rear-sights/1911-u-notch-rear-sight-prod26673.aspx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top