Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2020 9:01:52 PM EDT
So I recently acquired a old 1911, obvious it was buffed and reblued etc, but it had some nice old features and reminded me of the one my dad has back when with the exception it’s blue instead of parked like my dads.

I get it home and detail stripped in looking closely for any marks, proof stamps etc.. so what I think I have figured out is I have a colt frame from 1913 , the trigger, bow,sear, safety, hammer, and slide stop all look to be period correct parts from what I can find on other sites and through google.  The slide is a Remington Rand series 3, the barrel appears to be older than the slide as the lug feet do not have the step like the A1 variants, the grip safety is definitely A1 and the mainspring housing is 1913 vintage with the lanyard loop.
Grips do not match, nor does the magazine as they are 1980’s vintage.

I don’t have a huge amount invested in this, I will say it’s in a beautiful condition for its age, I believe it’s shootable. I will not sell the pistol because it’s something I’ve been looking for for many years as it reminds me of my grandfather’s gun that passed down to my dad, which my dad sold for some odd reason many years ago.. I never forgave him for that, and have been searching for one ever since.

It’s heavily buffed, only the sn is legible in certain light, no is markings, no proof stamps, except on top of the frame where colt placed theirs.. I would post a pic but I don’t have any web hosting, just would like an honest value for some really old parts from WW1/WW2 all high polished with a semi decent blue job.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#1]
From a value standpoint once a GI gun is non arsenal refinished value is gone, the nicest blue job on an other wise original GI gun decreases value by at least 60%
For example a nice WWI era gun in 90% condition original is a $3000 pistol
Arsenal rebuilt refinished is about 1000
Non military refinish mixmaster is about 600
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Also if US Property stamp is removed from frame value even lower.
Personally I would not pay more than $400 for a 1911 as you describe
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d say I have about $500 in it as I did some trading for it but I didn’t think I did to bad.. I know there are some deals to be had for a better more correct example. I’m reasonably happy with it, it’s just sad that people do stupid shit and wreak an original gun otherwise
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top