Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/2/2022 11:51:24 PM EDT
I've seen reviews on several forums, YouTube, MidwayUSA, and Amazon and I can't seem to get a straight answer. Some say they lock up tight and work great, others say they can damage the frame or fail in various ways.

I chose the USP 45 because it's universally regarded as an exceptionally reliable handgun. But, I want to run my USP 45 with a Surefire X300U-B.

Should I waste my time with the GG&G adapter? Or should I buy a gun with a picatinny rail?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The lockup is nice and tight and works great.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

that's my review too
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

that's my review too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's my review too

#metoo
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I can also confirm it locks up tight. Almost a must have if you're wanting to run a light on your USP.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:04:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Great overall. Pick a torque number like 2–3nm so you don't overtighten (and use threadlocker). If you look close, the rail will sag or move just a bit, so I'd recommend this for lights only, no lasers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#6]
How about reach? My hands arent small, but with the TLR3 and HK key on my 45T, its still hard to reach with trigger finger. I really want lights for my USP45T and USP45CT.

Then gotta get a holster custom made for it as well. Theres companies offering holsters for FNX45, staccatos, im sure there are more HK USPs in the wild than Staccatos, and possibly more than FNX.

Makes no sense from a business standpoint to not offer HK USP holsters. T1C and T.Rex Arms both have the capabilities but simply won't offer USP stuff. Hurts the butt.

Im going to try this out soon...

https://youtu.be/SuCO6UQezik
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m very happy with mine and a TLR-7.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Have used them for years.  Work great.  Easy to operate the light.  As others have said, torque properly and use blue thread locker.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#9]
It works fine.  Now Surefire X300 are a pain to get on and off, but that's pretty much the case with all guns I've found, save the Glock, which must be a bit undersized as they go right on.  Everything else is a test of hand strength to install, and even worse to take off.

With the huge trigger guard area on the bigger USP's like the 45s, unless you have huge hands it's a reach to operate the switch with your fingers.  I bought the Surefire HK trigger guard switch (DG-19), and it works OK, but it's really made for Sufefire's own HK mount, and the switch button doesn't quite touch grip area, unlike the one for the Glock where it's a matched contour for the gun, with the button flush up against the grip.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Never had a problem with mine, but it’s the older generation model with the single cross-cut slot. The newer ones have 4-5 slots and seem to have a greater number of issues for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I have owned a few GG&G parts from the USP to the Mini 14 and have never had an issue with any of them.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top