Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2020 11:47:36 PM EDT
Picked one of these up today and ran 40gr mini mags thru it. 200 rounds and no issues. Groups at 10yds seemed lacking though. Wondering if it was the ammo, the sights, or me

Curious what kind of accuracy you guys are seeing and with what ammo.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine will do 3/4" groups at 15 yards all day long. My groups open up to 1"- 1 1/4" at 25 yards. It is also minute of clay bird out to 50 yards when I do my part. I am shooting mostly CCI Mini Mags and Aquila Super Extra. One thing to remember, the G44 is not a precise target pistol.

I don''t know how much experience you have with Glock sights. Some do not like the white U on the rear sights. Is your POA close to your POI?  I would try some different ammo to se what shoots best in your pistol. A lot of us have found that 40 grain round nose ammo does the best. And most of us try to stick to copper plated bullets too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#2]
See:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Glock-44-Magazines-Ammo-Functionality-Accuracy-ProMag-18-s-Malfunctioning/50-196802/

The G44 is NOT in any manner what I would call accurate.  I would say it functions.

If you read through the URL above, you will see that
-the gun functions with Glock magazines,
-has trouble if you load the ProMag18’s with more than 15,
-shoots erratically due to excessive upward pressure on the slide from the ProMag18’s, and
-shoots fairly consistently with Glock mags.  Consistent.  But the most in-accurate .22LR pistol I’ve ever shot.  Basically, a 6” gun at 25 yards.  See targets in URL for reasonable expectations.

First thing is to figure out where the elevation is right with the Glock adjustable sight.  Bottom=1, 2, 3, top=4.

Then take the sight off and throw the junk away.  The sight picture is AFU.  Replace it with any Glock plastic factory sight.  Free to $1.

#1 = Glock sight marked long line with a short line under it.
#2 = Glock sight marked long line.  Standard 6.5mm rear height.
#3 = Glock sight marked long line with one short line above it.
#4 = Glock sight marked long line with two short lines above it.

Or better yet, any real sight set.  HiViz green on mine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of good info in the thread LampShadeActual linked.

I will add my own experience with the ProMag magazines which are different than his experiences. I have not had a single issue with the 4 ProMag magazines that I have when loaded with 18 rounds. They function just as well as the 4 OEM magazines I have.

As far as accuracy, the G44 should be the same as any centerfire Glock. The G44 is after all a trainer. And with any firearm, but especially with 22lr, find the ammo that your gun likes the best.

And if I can hit a small clay bird at 50 yards with one shot, I'm happy. My G44 will not compete with my S&W 22A or Kel-Tec CP33 in accuracy but it isn't a target/competition pistol like they are either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I consider mine to have mediocre accuracy. Typically it will print a 3” group at 10 yards offhand, but I’ve mostly been shooting Mexican minimag.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine will do 3/4" groups at 15 yards all day long. My groups open up to 1"- 1 1/4" at 25 yards. It is also minute of clay bird out to 50 yards when I do my part. I am shooting mostly CCI Mini Mags and Aquila Super Extra. One thing to remember, the G44 is not a precise target pistol.

I don''t know how much experience you have with Glock sights. Some do not like the white U on the rear sights. Is your POA close to your POI?  I would try some different ammo to se what shoots best in your pistol. A lot of us have found that 40 grain round nose ammo does the best. And most of us try to stick to copper plated bullets too.
View Quote

Your G44 holds 1” groups at 25 yards?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people are better shooters than me.  I just photograph my targets as a basis for my opinions.  10-20 rounds per group.  Just an old real world shooter, not John Wick.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your G44 holds 1" groups at 25 yards?
View Quote
My G44 is quite accurate if I do my part AND shoot from a good rest. There is no way I can shoot that well off hand anymore at farther distances. At 7 to 10 yards I can eat the center of the target out offhand. Yes I can still hit clay birds offhand at 50 yards in one shot.

It takes lots of practice and lots of ammo to get good with any firearm.  And no I am not trying to brag since there are guys that are way better shots with a handgun than I am.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I was more shocked/impressed that the G44 was capable of that.

Of course I know .22 is very ammo dependent and ammo that works for one may not work for the other.  I have a Ruger MK3 22/45 that I thought was quite accurate, and when I was zeroing my red dot, I was thrilled to get right under 2" groups (rested, CCI ammo).

I was under the impression that the G44 wasn't known for being a tac driver, so this was surprising to hear.  I wanted to build a G44 and rig up a red dot, to use as a good training aid.  I was always operating under the premise that I would have a ton of money into a firearm that wouldn't ultimately deliver what I was wanting.

Now I may be reevaluating that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I need a bed sheet for a target with my G44. I do enjoy shooting it though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I need a bed sheet for a target with my G44. I do enjoy shooting it though.
View Quote
Are you shooting offhand? And what ammo are you using?

The only way I can get the tight groups is if I use quality ammo that my gun shoots the best while using a good rest and good weather conditions. I also have to hold my tongue just right . No I don't get those tight groups all of the time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you shooting offhand? And what ammo are you using?

The only way I can get the tight groups is if I use quality ammo that my gun shoots the best while using a good rest and good weather conditions. I also have to hold my tongue just right . No I don't get those tight groups all of the time.
View Quote

Offhand. I shoot different stuff. CCI SV, MiniMag, Aguila 40 gr., etc. I also shoot CCI Stingers which give a spectacular flash and bang. I tried some Lapua Sub Sonic I had and it wouldn't cycle the slide. I have a
Volquartsen Scorpion for more accurate shooting which my ability doesn't do it justice. I bought the G44 because I already have a Glock 19 and thought it would be cheap practice. I bought it pre-pandemic so the price was reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Offhand. I shoot different stuff. CCI SV, MiniMag, Aguila 40 gr., etc. I also shoot CCI Stingers which give a spectacular flash and bang. I tried some Lapua Sub Sonic I had and it wouldn't cycle the slide. I have a
Volquartsen Scorpion for more accurate shooting which my ability doesn't do it justice. I bought the G44 because I already have a Glock 19 and thought it would be cheap practice. I bought it pre-pandemic so the price was reasonable.
View Quote
You bought your G44 for a very good reason then. It is a good trainer if you already have a G19. The only subsonic ammo that functions and shoots good out of my G44 is the CCI Standard. I don't shoot much of it since I prefer using copper plated ammo.

And I already know that the CCI Standard isn't going to work for me with the Nelson 44X RMR slide.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#13]
To clarify things from my earlier posts.

Those tight groups I got were achieved using a good rest and good ammo while taking my time aiming.

Now if I shoot offhand at 10 yards slowly with deliberate aim, my groups are normally 1 1/2". If I rapid fire at 10 yards, my groups are anywhere from 3-5 inches depending on how fast I am shooting.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Now if I shoot offhand at 10 yards slowly with deliberate aim, my groups are normally 1 1/2". If I rapid fire at 10 yards, my groups are anywhere from 3-5 inches depending on how fast I am shooting.
View Quote

To me those are great groups off hand.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

To me those are great groups off hand.
View Quote
Thank you. Yes it took years of practice and lots of ammo to get there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#16]
So I ended up adding Dawson sights. Fiber front and a black rear. 0.160 height front by 0.105,  and the g43 Dawson carry rear. Cycles fine with the tiny g43 rear. Groups improved dramatically.

Shoots a little high and I should probably put a 0.185 on the front, but Im using a six o clock hold, which on this pistol I prefer for small bullseyes. So I'm ok with POI slight above POA.

Also added the Glock threaded barrel.

Sights and barrel have really improved my groups and consistency. Much happier with this pistol than I was before and I enjoy shooting it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So I ended up adding Dawson sights. Fiber front and a black rear. 0.160 height front by 0.105,  and the g43 Dawson carry rear. Cycles fine with the tiny g43 rear. Groups improved dramatically.

Shoots a little high and I should probably put a 0.185 on the front, but Im using a six o clock hold, which on this pistol I prefer for small bullseyes. So I'm ok with POI slight above POA.

Also added the Glock threaded barrel.

Sights and barrel have really improved my groups and consistency. Much happier with this pistol than I was before and I enjoy shooting it.
View Quote
Glad to hear that. Like with any 22lr firearm, using the ammo each gun likes the best and lots of training makes a difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top