Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2020 9:17:35 PM EDT
Bought my first MOS model, a 34. I plan to install a RMR on a FC OPF-G. Most of the pics I see of RMR outfitted Glocks have taller sights, I assume for a co-witness. As I said this is my first MOS model so I am looking for both an education and recommendation on what sort of sights I should also be looking to upgrade to. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggest unless you plan to carry this, you just pull the sights.   With an RMR I've found I never use them after a "break in" period learning how to pick up the dot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Dawson Precision offers a couple of different height sights to co-witness...plain black around $65/pair... I just ordered a .385/.395 pair for a separate project with raising the sights on a Recover Tactical brace...

the height added by your adapter plate needs to be taken into consideration, make sure you look for /ask guidance for an MOS installation...the guys at Dawson are very helpful.... my RMR is milled into a shorter sight radius G17 without a plate by (BattleWerx)... the sight is the fixed Heinie Slant Pro (.225/.245) originally on the pistol,  and I am able to see a sight picture through the very bottom part of the lens of the RMR... I do not want any more of the sight obscuring the sight window than it currently does... regards Les
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the same gun, same setup and I have Ameriglo GL-429 sights on mine.  They are a great option if you want black front and back.  Cost is around $40.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Is lower 1/3 an option? The absolute cowitness sites look like they are a mile tall. ridiculously tall.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is lower 1/3 an option? The absolute cowitness sites look like they are a mile tall. ridiculously tall.
View Quote

Yes, the Ameriglo sights I mentioned are roughly lower 1/3 with the setup you are getting. Might even be a little lower.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Ameriglo 429.  

Gonna have to trust us on this one
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is how the 429s co-witness with the exact setup you are getting.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here is how the 429s co-witness with the exact setup you are getting.

https://i.imgur.com/6lROw0Z.jpg
View Quote
That's money! Thanks

ETA: Ordered
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
10-8 sights and be done with it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Ameriglo GL-429 
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ameriglo GL-429
View Quote
Yup, I ordered them. How difficult are they to install? I have never installed aftermarket sights on handgun that wasnt a simple machine screw bolt on. I cant help but look at this dovetail thing and wonder how badly i would mar up the slide trying to drive it on. Suggestions please.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yup, I ordered them. How difficult are they to install? I have never installed aftermarket sights on handgun that wasnt a simple machine screw bolt on. I cant help but look at this dovetail thing and wonder how badly i would mar up the slide trying to drive it on. Suggestions please.
View Quote

First 2 sets of sights I ever installed where on a glock 34 and 17. I used a vise, a hammer and nylon tipped punch, Loctite 262, and a front sight tool from amazon.
I watched a few videos on YouTube, these 2 videos I found the most helpful.
Video 1
Video 2

It wasn't that bad with the hammer and punch, but I did end up buying a sight pusher and find it way faster and easier. I have installed a few sets of sights with the pusher, and am really happy with it.
https://sightpusher.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top