Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

G19 in the SF communities. (Page 16 of 34)
Page / 34
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I think CD is plenty high speed compared to the rest of us.

I didn’t mean it as shade. Only because I hadn’t seen one on SOF guns before.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
Well I think CD is plenty high speed compared to the rest of us.

I didn’t mean it as shade. Only because I hadn’t seen one on SOF guns before.
View Quote

CD is certainly high speed and I also didn’t mean to sound rude, just didn’t expect to see that light on any military hardware is all. Of course maybe things have changed and Inforce has better QC now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
look at how many Serpa Holsters made it in to the Military.... Just cause they use something, don't make it great....
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
look at how many Serpa Holsters made it in to the Military.... Just cause they use something, don't make it great....
View Quote

Except for the G19.  Praise be unto it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cccollin545:

CD is certainly high speed and I also didn’t mean to sound rude, just didn’t expect to see that light on any military hardware is all. Of course maybe things have changed and Inforce has better QC now.
View Quote

That's exactly where I was coming from.  Odd to see it on a .mil gun.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

That's exactly where I was coming from.  Odd to see it on a .mil gun.
View Quote

I don't know why the light was on it and not the issued one.  Young SSGs don't make allot that if married with kids.

CD
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

WANT
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

I don't know why the light was on it and not the issued one.  Young SSGs don't make allot that if married with kids.

CD
View Quote

Assumed something to that affect.  If it works it works.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Slightly off topic so apologies for the brief intrusion, but seeing as a few people have mentioned various P320s in this thread I just wanted to say we’ve started a similar thread over in the Sig subforum here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/OFFICIAL-Military-and-Armed-Forces-P320-Thread-info-pics-discussion-clones-etc/14-197144/

Anyone with pics or info of units fielding P320 variants (perhaps @Combat_Diver has started seeing some?) please feel free to post there! Now back to your regularly Glocked programming
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Moses_J:
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Appreciate all the responses. Probably gonna go the MRDS route, one clone I can finish without breaking the bank. Just have to find an alg mag well now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/Screenshot_20200808-235517_Instagram_jpg-1538474.JPG

Anyone know what mag extensions are being used in this pic?
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LongTrang:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LongTrang:
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Appreciate all the responses. Probably gonna go the MRDS route, one clone I can finish without breaking the bank. Just have to find an alg mag well now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/Screenshot_20200808-235517_Instagram_jpg-1538474.JPG

Arc Division
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Arc Division
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

What magwell is this? It’s not a Frey’s and looks like what I’ve been looking for(magwell that is straight walled in the front instead of having a forward protruding lip)
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 12:39:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Parabellum226] [#15]
Originally Posted By gmbackus:

What magwell is this? It’s not a Frey’s and looks like what I’ve been looking for(magwell that is straight walled in the front instead of having a forward protruding lip)
View Quote

Looks like a warfighter magwell too me, but I can’t make out much beyond the profile.

Also of interest is the lack of finger grooves
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 1:15:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChemTrailZ] [#16]
Originally Posted By Parabellum226:

Looks like a warfighter magwell too me, but I can’t make out much beyond the profile.

Also of interest is the lack of finger grooves
View Quote

That actually might be it, looking at the warfighter is difficult since most of the pics I’ve seen are of grip reduced frames.  The other candidate looks like it might be KE arms
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Kind of surprised this awesome thread was about to fall back to page 3.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#18]
A couple photos from 10th Group.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#19]
cool thread.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Joescuba:

I've been told that some of the SF/CAG guys are carrying single stack G43x/48 for plain clothes close protection if real concealment is required... Combat Diver any confirmation?

Not Combat Diver, but yes.
View Quote

nice, does that mean my EDC is a clone
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

nice, does that mean my EDC is a clone
View Quote

Sorry no
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

Sorry no
View Quote

Thats just mean.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Still looking for a Smith that will weld and re cut my Glock slide to mos configuration
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Still looking for a Smith that will weld and re cut my Glock slide to mos configuration
View Quote

Why would it need welded? I dont understand.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Why would it need welded? I dont understand.
View Quote

The dovetail for an mos slide is further to the rear to make room for the mos cut
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#27]

The dovetail for an mos slide is further to the rear to make room for the mos cut
View Quote

Oh, okay, I see what you mean.

I would suggest starting fresh with an uncut blank.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Oh, okay, I see what you mean.

I would suggest starting fresh with an uncut blank.
View Quote

That wouldn’t be clone correct...either you’re misinterpreting the reply above, or I am, because cloners mean serious business
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#29]

That wouldn’t be clone correct...either you’re misinterpreting the reply above, or I am, because cloners mean serious business
View Quote

Is welding considered clone correct then?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Pinning and welding is acceptable so maybe?

Clearly sarcasm isn’t some of your guys strong suit, or you aren’t hanging out in the cloner threads
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Guessing this is for a gen 3?
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lasnyder:
Homeland Security had a warehouse of G19s when contracts went elsewhere... SF was offered them, and they gladly took free guns... sidearm is not their primary weapon...
View Quote

what year was this?
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:05:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lasnyder] [#33]
tucan... I have poor time spatial distinction of events... it was a couple of years ago, possibly 5... a good friend works at SOCOM at McDill in the Science and Technology area... I got the warehoused Homeland Security pistols information from him... at approximately the same time Glock was offering a commemorative  issue for SOCOM "friends and family" and I was offered one, thinking it was one of these G19s.... I turned it down when I discovered it was specially engraved, I didn't think it was appropriate as I am not a SOPCOM employee, although I have helped him with several product ideas, and with the SOPMOD manual...
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#35]
ICE had a lot of Glocks leftover after the merge and they switched to 229s.  We're talking 2005ish.  I heard these had made their way to DOD but have no info to back it up
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#36]
glocks have been everywhere at one point or another.  literally.  DHS components have switched/are switching to the 19/47 "unicorn" but various components have had them over the years (saltwater folks esp)
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256] [#37]
Originally Posted By tucansam:
glocks have been everywhere at one point or another.  literally.  DHS components have switched/are switching to the 19/47 "unicorn" but various components have had them over the years (saltwater folks esp)
View Quote

ICE is getting 320s while CBP and USSS are getting the 19/47.  Its stupid that DHS can't standardize on a single pistol but here we are lol
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By cone256:

ICE is getting 320s while CBP and USSS are getting the 19/47.  Its stupid that DHS can't standardize on a single pistol but here we are lol
View Quote

ICE has always been on their own program.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

DHS did standardize handguns with the exception of Secret Service and their .357 SIG handgun.  The P229 DAK .40 was agreed upon by CBP, ICE, USCG and FPS agency administrators after DHS was created.  Representatives from all of those agencies converged on Altoona, PA and conducted the largest US handgun solicitation ever conducted outside of DoD.  The caliber was driven by Border Patrol after their success with the 155gr Federal XM40HB in their Berettas.  The 155gr quickly became a problem with the CBP inspectors who complained of the harsh recoil.  After some CBP union involvement the .40 135gr Federal XM40HA was adopted for the CBP Inspectors.  Several years later the DHS, except USSS, standardized with the .40 180gr XM40HC.

Circa 2014, ICE began working with several ammunition manufacturers on a 9mm round with similar terminal ballistics as the .40 180gr.  Around the same time the ICE Ballistics lab hosted the personnel from the FBI Ballistics Research Facility and ICE shared their initial 9mm research.  Shortly after the Bureau began their move to 9mm.  The 9mm was decided upon due to the excellent terminal ballistics, less wear and tear on personnel, higher magazine capacity among other factors.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Continued-

Sometime in 2015 ICE began discussions with the DHS LE partners and began drafting a DHS wide solicitation for a 9mm handgun.  The concept was to purchase a "family" of firearms in 9mm to acomodate the diverse mission sets and body types found within the 58,000 armed officers.  Discussions with the DHS components broke down and ICE continued on their own.  Unfortunately, after the contract award for the P320 the other DHS components were advised that the contract capacity (maximum dollar amount) did not have room for the other agencies to purchase new handguns.  This lead to the separate CBP test and contract award to Glock.  About this same time CBP began operating their own armory due to some internal battles with ICE.  It's unfortunate for the taxpayer that these differences couldn't be overcome.  The power of firearms and parts acquisition build into a single acquisition historically drove prices down and was a great deal for the taxpayer.

@cone256, I agree.  It's very stupid.

Sorry for having to split this up.  I'm limited to 2K characters.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Warlord2:
Continued-

Sometime in 2015 ICE began discussions with the DHS LE partners and began drafting a DHS wide solicitation for a 9mm handgun.  The concept was to purchase a "family" of firearms in 9mm to acomodate the diverse mission sets and body types found within the 58,000 armed officers.  Discussions with the DHS components broke down and ICE continued on their own.  Unfortunately, after the contract award for the P320 the other DHS components were advised that the contract capacity (maximum dollar amount) did not have room for the other agencies to purchase new handguns.  This lead to the separate CBP test and contract award to Glock.  About this same time CBP began operating their own armory due to some internal battles with ICE.  It's unfortunate for the taxpayer that these differences couldn't be overcome.  The power of firearms and parts acquisition build into a single acquisition historically drove prices down and was a great deal for the taxpayer.

@cone256, I agree.  It's very stupid.

Sorry for having to split this up.  I'm limited to 2K characters.
View Quote

Yeah lets hope the Glocks fair better than the HKs did
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

My P2k lasted 13 years; I literally broke the trigger spring on my last qual with it.  Unfortunately we broke 3-6 springs per quarter, on average, at my station.  I never had a single issue with my Beretta before that.

Having said that, my 47 is a gift from Heaven, and I'll retire before they can take it away from me and give me something "better."

Just wish there had been more testing with the sights prior to rollout.  We have had to do a lot of experimenting and fancy theatrics to get the imprecision of the giant glowing orb to work with unfamiliar shooters.  That should have been ironed out in T&E.

And the floor plate is an abomination.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Just wish there had been more testing with the sights prior to rollout.  We have had to do a lot of experimenting and fancy theatrics to get the imprecision of the giant glowing orb to work with unfamiliar shooters.  That should have been ironed out in T&E.

View Quote

I do not understand, what do you mean by this?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

There's an extension (bullets forward) on them to "assist" with stripping the mag out.  Absolutely stupid
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#46]

what year was this?
View Quote

It would have been in 2007 if I remember correctly.  I talked about some of the details back on page 6.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

The HKs weren't that bad from a maintenance prospective.  Most of the issues came from the .40 155gr, it literally beat the guns to death.  Even though both the P2000 and P229 were both tested to 10K rounds without failure with the original parts, nothing can promote the longevity of the pistol more that replacing the recoil spring. Unless I'm forgetting something, the only large scale problem I recall was CBP Air and Marine with a saltwater corrosion issue.  

A small number of the Customs G19s had a barrel drop issue which lead to a distinctive type of failure to feed.  Glock supplied numerous magazine iterations, each with a different magazine follower angle.  These were designated by a dot and then a series of single numbers on the back of the magazine.  This fix was still in progress after the formation of DHS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#48]

There's an extension (bullets forward) on them to "assist" with stripping the mag out.  Absolutely stupid
View Quote

You mean the difference between Gen 5 and older mags? I carry with Gen 5 mags, I don't notice a difference at all.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#49]

You mean the difference between Gen 5 and older mags? I carry with Gen 5 mags, I don't notice a difference at all.
View Quote
I think the 47 mags have a longer floor plate than even the Gen 5's.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
SF deep concealment gun is the Mk26 aka G26.  This is a program of record.  Can't comment what CAG/DEVGRU is using.

CD
View Quote

CD, any pictures of the Baby Glocks over there?
Page / 34
G19 in the SF communities. (Page 16 of 34)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top