Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2019 11:15:17 PM EDT
Shot in the dark here.  I've added an RMR to my G19 which renders my favorite holster inoperable: a Safariland 7378 ALS 7TS.  I'm looking for something similar that can accommodate an RMR!  The catch is that I don't have, and do not want a light, and would very much like a thumb release similar to the Safariland ALS system.   I've considered the Safariland 6354DO, but have read that without a light, it can rattle and be problematic to holster.

Any recommendations for an OWB G19 holster with the following:
- Optic Cut (RMR)
- Thumb release retention system
- No-light model

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The Safariland 6354 works fine for me but I use a threaded barrel.  I have yanked the thing pretty hard and it hasn't come out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 3:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
When it comes to duty proven, retention OWB holsters, safariland is all that I’ll use. It seems like you too, have drank the safariland kool aid. Why not just pick up a TLR or x300 off the EE for cheap to try out with it. I guess my question, why so adamant against a light?
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 5:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Safariland 6354 works fine for me but I use a threaded barrel.  I have yanked the thing pretty hard and it hasn't come out.
View Quote
Yep, get the pack of muzzle plugs and adjust until your pistol fits nice and snug.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When it comes to duty proven, retention OWB holsters, safariland is all that I’ll use. It seems like you too, have drank the safariland kool aid. Why not just pick up a TLR or x300 off the EE for cheap to try out with it. I guess my question, why so adamant against a light?
View Quote
Can't speak for the OP. Since I don't have a safariland holster for my G21 with X300. I'll tell you about my 1911 and the X300. If you want draw speed DO NOT get a safariland holster with the light option! When adding a light to the equation. A holster has to retain on the light since its the widest thing at the bottom of the holster. Its likely the same way with any manuf. I suspect but don't know for certain. I just have experience with safariland in this regard. Retention will also vary by light size also. The X300 is pretty big by today's standards.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a Safariland GLS for this configuration.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can't speak for the OP. Since I don't have a safariland holster for my G21 with X300. I'll tell you about my 1911 and the X300. If you want draw speed DO NOT get a safariland holster with the light option! When adding a light to the equation. A holster has to retain on the light since its the widest thing at the bottom of the holster. Its likely the same way with any manuf. I suspect but don't know for certain. I just have experience with safariland in this regard. Retention will also vary by light size also. The X300 is pretty big by today's standards.
View Quote
There is literally zero difference in draw speed between a safariland with a light and a safariland without a light, assuming your gear is properly maintained.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is literally zero difference in draw speed between a safariland with a light and a safariland without a light, assuming your gear is properly maintained.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I readily admit there isn't much time difference. Personally I'll take those split seconds in my favor thou. Irregardless, point is moot here since OP doesn't want a light.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, solid recommendations all around.

Quoted:
Yep, get the pack of muzzle plugs and adjust until your pistol fits nice and snug.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wasn't aware of the adjustability provided by the muzzle plugs -  Looks like I may have been too quick to dismiss the 6354.  Seems like there would be little to no issue with retention.  Do you guys find that you have to guide the muzzle onto the plug, or does the holster adequately align the muzzle into the proper position when holstering (without a light)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top