Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2020 7:57:05 PM EDT
I have a G17.4 (purchased in early 2011) that I have equipped with the following:

Brownells Slide with RMR cut
Glock OEM internals
Holosun MRDS
Glock OEM mags
Glock OEM barrel
Factory mix of ammo, Blazer brass and Herters 115gr
Agency arms flat face trigger

I have 200 rounds through it at this time, first range session out with it I had 30 plus malfunctions, stove pipes, failure to extract and failure to chamber.  Gun and slide were cleaned and lubed properly before shooting.  More than I have ever had on a pistol before.

It runs perfectly with the OEM slide. I know changing OEM specs can have an effect on guns but this is more than I expected.  Anyone have any tips?  I figured with the popularity of RDS pistols someone has had a similar problem.  Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Try some 124 grain nato ball. Sometimes when a Frankenstein gun is new it takes some time to break in before running with 115. With all those aftermarket parts it will be hard to narrow down a cause if it persists
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top