Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2018 9:05:36 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with handguns from Fusion Firearms?  I’ve been tossing around the idea of putting together a 1911.  They have full kits and their prices seem reasonable but I haven’t heard of them before.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
This gets asked every now and then. Never built a kit, but do have a long slide 10mm that is reliable and accurate. Bob Serva the owner of Fusion is the one who brought Dan Wesson back making 1911's. He sold that a few years ago to CZ and then started over again.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a full custom Bobtail commander from them 5-6 few years ago.   It was built to my specs and delivered on time.

The gun was just "meh" for what I paid for it.  I sold it off.  Don't really miss it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This gets asked every now and then. Never built a kit, but do have a long slide 10mm that is reliable and accurate. Bob Serva the owner of Fusion is the one who brought Dan Wesson back making 1911's. He sold that a few years ago to CZ and then started over again.
View Quote
That’s what I’ve been looking at.  A 10mm long slide with an RMR cut in hard chrome.   It’s expensive.  Gah.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a reaction.  Barely more expensive than a similar ruger/springfield/remington and is a bit nicer pistol.  
Was my first 1911 and will be my last as I'm not a 1911 guy, but it is a very nice pistol.

As I'm told they distribute the guns themselves to dealers and control the pricing, so you're unlikely to find a deep discount on one.
The place I got mine was selling them for msrp with sales tax included, Fusion told them to stop or they wouldn't get any more guns.
They had one of every Dan Wesson pistol in stock when I got my fusion, the fusions felt comparable to the dan wessons that were in the low $1k range.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Reviews in fusions are mixed from what I have seen. The kits I believe are made of their lower end parts from freedom series.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Years ago they treated one of my coworkers like shit after he found severe issues with his custom ordered Fusion.  The pistol was a total back alley abortion. Never will I ever.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve bought several parts over the years and never has any issues with them. Earlier this year I bought a stripped frame that I am in the process of finishing. Last month they had $100 off of their Freedom Kits. I bought a Freedom Government GI 9mm that was $527 out the door at my FFL. It was complete except for grips and magazines. Parts were prefit, has a good, even matte blue finish. I haven’t been able to take it out to fire it yet but hope to this weekend.

I am very happy with it and plan on ordering a 10mm Reaction kit the next time they are on sale.

Their products seem to be good quality to me. They were very responsive to email questions that I had about the kit. I definitely plan to buy more from them in the future.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#9]
My experience with Fusion was a complete shitshow.  An expensive sort of shitshow.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My experience with Fusion was a complete shitshow.  An expensive sort of shitshow.
View Quote
Care to share the details?  I’m looking at buying a kit from them but would like to hear some reviews before I spend my money with them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#11]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]
From what I seen of their 1911 parts: They seem to be fairly well made and to spec...however, there have been reports
of their parts being out of spec and/or being of minimal quality. So with that said, their customer service seems to be
pretty good if things go south with replacement policy or warranty service.

Good luck, YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a rear sight from then that is perfect in terms of form. The finish in it sucks though and it rusts like nothing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
IM sent.
View Quote
I haven’t received an IM from you.  Would you mind resending it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I haven’t received an IM from you.  Would you mind resending it?
View Quote
It would not be proper to ask you to reveal what is said in an IM, but I would ask that if anyone has any negative comments, please tell us why. I am considering one of these and I cannot afford to lose money. You might help me avoid a mistake.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I have no idea what the other posters problem was with Fusion but my experience with their products has been great. Pictured is my Fusion base model (their absolute cheapest base gun that they sell; their base Freedom Series Model) compared to my new Colt 1991 Series 80 Government Model.

I am not running the Colt down because I do like it, it is a good shooter and I have two other Colt 1911s. The fit of the Fusion is so much tighter.

Attachment Attached File

Side by side, Colt on top, Fusion on bottom. Matte finish on Fusion.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a couple. I love everything about them. The fit is why I like them, and incredibly accurate!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top