Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2021 11:15:53 AM EDT
So I went shooting this weekend, Shot my Dan Wesson and Springfield 1911s, Cz P01, Tanfo and some other pistols. My dad passed and I inherited an old Heel mag release Taurus PT99. I shot that pistol better than all of my other pistols. It was just like it was made for me. Now I want berettas. I'm looking at getting both the 92g Elite LTT fullsize and Centurion. Are the recoil impulse differences pretty wide between the fullsize and the centurion? I was shocked how easy it was to shoot fast and accurately with the Taurus. I can only imagine what a refined version of that gun would shoot like.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The 92x is my favorite pistol right now, so smooth and accurate its ridiculous. With less than a half inch difference in the slide, I wouldn't expect much.  I wonder why Beretta even bothered.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 92x is my favorite pistol right now, so smooth and accurate its ridiculous. With less than a half inch difference in the slide, I wouldn't expect much.  I wonder why Beretta even bothered.
View Quote

I kind of had the same thought. Concealment will be no different for me as the grip is the same length. I may just get 2 full sized models if I can move my 1911s.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I may just get 2 full sized models if I can move my 1911s.
View Quote

Like the way you think
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The 92 is just super smooth and easy to shoot!
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't discount the 92 Compact.   There is some magic baked into that "little" gun.  

While the Centurion has a cool name, I don't see the point.   Now, I'll readily admit that I have not spent much time with the centurion but I'd just as soon have the full size gun if I had to choose between the two.

My 92C is a fantastic gun.   So smooth and shoots just as well as its bigger brother.  It has relegated my BrigTac to a range gun....and I love my BrigTac.  its my favorite pistol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been trying to decide between the full size or centurion RDO.  I think I might go with the Centurion just to switch things up.  You don't see a lot of non full sized 92 guns out there.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm a big fan of the LTT Centurion. The proportions just feel right. And, the NP3 and in-house LTT trigger job are worth it.

For lack of a better descriptor, I also find it very smooth and flat shooting relative to other popular handguns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 I think I might go with the Centurion just to switch things up.  You don't see a lot of non full sized 92 guns out there.
View Quote

Centurion is a full size gun, only difference from the 92F is .4in and 4oz of weight from the slide, grip is the same.  Don't know why they even bothered.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered the 92x Compact, will let you know how it compares to my full size
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:32:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a full-size Beretta 92 FS, 1989 vintage and a Beretta Centurion 92 FS, 1996 vintage.  “I” can’t tell any difference in recoil with 115gr 9mm FMJs or speed for follow-up shots.  I’m also a pretty big guy and 9mm recoil has never been an issue with me.

Being a retired Army Reservist MP and a retired civilian LEO, I prefer the Beretta since I have a good amount of trigger time on them since back when I was first hired, that was the first semi-auto pistol my agency issued to us when we retired our revolvers in the early/mid 90s.

To be honest, you can’t go wrong with either Beretta pistol in 9mm.  I have one Beretta 96 Elite II, in .40, but she’s not as fast as my 9mms.

I love Beretta pistols.  The only down side to them is that they are extremely hard to conceal carry in the Summer months, due to their size...  That’s the only negative I have on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top