Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2018 4:03:45 PM EDT
After wanting one for year I finally broke down and ordered one.
Got the Sig 1911 9mm Tacops
Will full size grips fit?
Anyone know if the Mecgar 9mm 1911 10rd mags fit?
Anything else I should know?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilson and Tripp magazines are my go to for 9mm/1911.....   dunno about mecGar's offering personally, but those two are rock solid..... shop around, you can get better prices.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have some MecGar 8 round that work fine. Since it's single-stack I doubt the 10 rounders would be a problem other than sticking out of the grip quite a bit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
x2 on the WC mags
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m really considering a Sig TacOps 1911 9mm found one online for $720, should I fo?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
CMC XP mags are the best 9mm magazine on the market IMO. Followed by Wilson ETM
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m really considering a Sig TacOps 1911 9mm found one online for $720, should I fo?
View Quote
Buddy and I ordered one each for 710 shipped
Helluva deal if you ask me
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]
With the features, 4 mags, night sights for that price I had to go for it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#8]
If Metalform or Mecgar mags don't work in your pistol, the pistol is the problem.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this the gun you bought?

If so that seems like pretty solid features for the money. Looks like any full size grips will fit but since you have the magwell you will want to find some that are flat at the bottom to match up with it. It’s not required but it looks goofy if your grips are tapered at the bottom and it leaves a dead space.

I have a Rock Island that is pretty similar but in a 4” barrel. I love it. I bought a bunch of the Brownells brand mags when they were on sale. They came out to under $20 each shipped. So far they are working great and I was happy to save a couple bucks. Brownells seems to run coupons pretty frequently.

Good luck with your new gun.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If so that seems like pretty solid features for the money. Looks like any full size grips will fit but since you have the magwell you will want to find some that are flat at the bottom to match up with it. It’s not required but it looks goofy if your grips are tapered at the bottom and it leaves a dead space.

I have a Rock Island that is pretty similar but in a 4” barrel. I love it. I bought a bunch of the Brownells brand mags when they were on sale. They came out to under $20 each shipped. So far they are working great and I was happy to save a couple bucks. Brownells seems to run coupons pretty frequently.

View Quote
That's the gun.
I have a set of cool hand orange grips on my cz P01 an I want a 1911 one to match
I'll check out Brownells. Any Idea who makes them?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Look at VZ and Evil Bay. You’ll need to know if you want standard thickness and thin as well as beveled vs Magwell cut.

Good luck on your new bad habit!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:09:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's the gun.
I have a set of cool hand orange grips on my cz P01 an I want a 1911 one to match
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the gun.
Cool Hand shows up on Amazon. Look like these?
Amazon Product
  • Ridges texture with big scoop mag release
  • Tinny Ambi safety cut, great even on 1911S without Ambi safety
  • G10 material for durable and non slippery usage

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I have vz grips and the knockoffs.

Get the vz grips, they are worth it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#15]
LOK grips will make pretty much any color you want.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 2:01:11 AM EDT
[#16]
So my tacops 1911 9mm came in and I am impressed.
Fit and finish is great. Trigger is fantastic, safety engages and disengages smartly. Night Sights are bright. The front cocking serrations and front strap and mainspribg checkering are well done.

I can't wait to run some rounds and see how she shoots.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I have had a few days to fondle the 1911 and I didn't know how amazing 1911's feel. This is my first 1911 and first Sig.

It's a series 80 which I prefer. Not a match grade trigger but still very nice. Very little take up and reset is very short.

The front serations are very fine and feel great.

Safety is audible and clicky.

I can't find any machining marks. The frame a bevel under the barrel, I assume to aid in feeding.

Downsides:
Rail has sharp edge that could cut my fragle hands.
Slide release is a little small and I might replace in the future.

My card reader for my PC died so no pictures until the new one is delivered.

For holsters, will most 1911 holsters fit this Sig 9mm?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top