Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2020 5:07:34 PM EDT
Build date 1/2020.

Zero exterior flaws.  A few minor cosmetic machining marks on the inside of the slide....if I'm being picky.  But they are undeniably present.

200 flawless rounds to begin my break in.  The gun clearly would do better with a superior shooter.  And like my BrigTac, is just so damn pleasant to shoot.

I did not clean it before or after the initial range session.   Just lube and go.

20 rounds at 10 yards

15 at 7 yards

UPDATE
Last week I sent the gun off to Langdon Tactical for a full NP3 package plus trigger job.  I had the gun back in less than one week.    I love the way it turned out.  And the trigger is simply spectacular.  My only regret is not getting the barrel cut and recrowned.  I will likely get that done soon.     Happy to answer any questions or take further pics.

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun. I really like the compacts,especially the Inox pistols. After the many years of shooting different guns, I shoot best with my Beretta 92 as do you. Congrats
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both Compacts, blued & Inox. I carry the blued model & plan on swapping in all-metal parts before too long.

Both of mine are Italian. I was unaware the Inox models were now built in Gallatin.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m carrying the new 92x compact right now actually. I really like it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
So... I had an Inox compact like yours and sold it like a fool. I was seriously considering another this week but went with the 92x compact today. Hopefully, it's just as good. I wish the X came in Inox. I like the looks of stainless. I plan to get a threaded barrel for mine.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So... I had an Inox compact like yours and sold it like a fool. I was seriously considering another this week but went with the 92x compact today. Hopefully, it's just as good. I wish the X came in Inox. I like the looks of stainless. I plan to get a threaded barrel for mine.
View Quote

I really like the X feature set.  But I've also always preferred the INOX look with the classic 92 "combat" style squared trigger guard in the compact platform.   Either way, if your X shoots anywhere close to this thing (which it most likely will), you will be very happy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I really like the X feature set.  But I've also always preferred the INOX look with the classic 92 "combat" style squared trigger guard in the compact platform.   Either way, if your X shoots anywhere close to this thing (which it most likely will), you will be very happy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like the rounded guard myself. Maybe it’s because my first beretta was a 92a1. So I’m used to it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I really like the rounded guard myself. Maybe it’s because my first beretta was a 92a1. So I’m used to it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296004/E9E4E890-78E2-4E48-9C83-1047DA5B0482_jpe-1442194.JPG
View Quote

Neato. What holster is that? I would like one similar
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Barearmsholsters
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#9]
OUTSTANDING! Those are nice tight shot groups at 10 yards from the target most shooting happen with 7 to 10 yards and that's what people should train for shooting  I see some morans at the range shooting  50 and 75 yards with a combat pistol is just dumb in most cases they can't even hit the target. With proper Front sight focus and at 10 yards you will shrink your groups even smaller keep practicing at that range until you can hit a target paster that covers the bullet holes in the target. I have a 92FS Compact ( Inox ) and I like it see it on my Table Tope Review on YouTube  https://youtu.be/i7rjU5JOlcc
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I did not clean it before or after the initial range session.   Just lube and go.
View Quote

You are lucky you had no issues. That oil Beretta uses (on a new gun) is not lube. It is for packing/rust prevention.

Over the years, I have seen countless people on various gun forums having issues on the 1st range trip with a Beretta 92. When asked if they cleaned and reoiled the gun - they say no. After doing that, the 2nd trip goes fine.

So, glad that you had no issues after all. But, you should always clean and relube any new gun before that 1st range trip.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Now back from Langdon Tactical with a small make over.....update in OP.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#12]
What was the turn around time from LTT?
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What was the turn around time from LTT?
View Quote

I was quoted 2-4 weeks.  The gun was back in my hands in less than one week from leaving them.  However, my gun was in route when they released their RDO option for the 92.  I have no clue what impact that will have on turn around time for non-milling work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Barearmsholsters. Has closed their holster shop due to the China flu
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Very sweet pistol.  I've never tried a compact before.  I should.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top