Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/23/2020 4:13:29 PM EDT
I have a private deal in the works for a used USP compact 9mm.  Will be my first HK and would love some advice on what to look for when buying a used one.  Deal is 850$ with 4 mags.  TIA
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a private deal in the works for a used USP compact 9mm.  Will be my first HK and would love some advice on what to look for when buying a used one.  Deal is 850$ with 4 mags.  TIA
View Quote

Sounds WAY high even for this day and age. Used I'd feel good paying maybe $600. I could be way off base.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a huge h&k fan and have a good amount.  My first hk was a uspc9 as well.  That being said, $850 is WAY to high.  Specially if it's used.  I wouldn't get it for any more than $600.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you guys point me in the direction of these 600$ options?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Sadly, no unless you're near Jacksonville FL. GT distributors just had a load of police turnins for around $400 I think.

I paid about $625 for my full size USP new but that wasn't during a panic buying season like right now.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]
It is high but most guns are high right now and in short supply.   So if you want it buy it. I paid 500 for a USP 9 that is 25 years old.  Great shape very little wear.  But for 850 used it should look pristine in shape and almost new.  Mags run about 40-50 each
there is that too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeez that's high, that's almost new price, as others have said firearms are in high demand with little supply.

Part of me says to wait.

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s high. But with the four mags maybe not insane ripoff high. Bargain it down a bit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:16:26 PM EDT
[#9]
HK snob here.  $850 with 4 mags would be closer to new retail, if you could find one.  Are they at least the 13rd with the finger base?

I'd try to work a deal.  $750 wouldn't be unreasonable to ask, IMO.

As far as the gun goes, you will NOT be disappointed.  Years ago I ran an NRA Marksmanship program at our local range.  15 or so people did it, most with .22s, but I ran it right along with them, the whole course (1k rounds, ballpark).  The ONLY gun to not have a failure of some kind was my USP Compact.  When people ask if I'd trust my life with it, there is no hesitation when I say Yes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

In 9mm they don’t exist. I’ve never seen a USP 9C sell that cheap even a beat up used one. People see what the 40’s and 45’s sell for and assume they all do. Those are less because nobody wants them. The 9 is still a good seller though and the most desirable. $850 for a used one in good condition with 4 mags it a decent deal, even more so now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In 9mm they don’t exist. I’ve never seen a USP 9C sell that cheap even a beat up used one. People see what the 40’s and 45’s sell for and assume they all do. Those are less because nobody wants them. The 9 is still a good seller though and the most desirable. $850 for a used one in good condition with 4 mags it a decent deal, even more so now.
View Quote

Thank you.  I’m hoping to get it tomorrow.

Are there any specific areas of wear to look for on a used one?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#12]
One of the best indicators of round count is the wear on the top of the barrel hood
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#13]
When you get it, I would order a new recoil spring/rod. It is one piece but cheap insurance for a gun running reliably and preventing further wear. $850 for a 9mm is not a bad deal and not much really to look for other than the exterior being clean and not gouged/run down. You can check the rails and the slide where it runs on to check for excessive wear. The USP can take a lot of usage and still be good to go.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I picked it up tonight and I’m in love.  It has a a little holster wear but hardly any wear on the internals at all.  Won’t get to the range till Tuesday, but I’m ready to put some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#15]
My poor USP9C just sits. VP9SK took over duties.

Let us know how your USP9C shoots OP, or rather, how you shoot with it.

I’ll have to admit, I was never very thrilled with how I shot/shoot mine.

My ability to do a fast mag dump (or double taps), with accuracy, between it and my VP9SK is night and day.

I think fast follow-ups with it are tougher because of the trigger and the 30yr old frame/slide geometry and ergos. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:06:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My poor USP9C just sits. VP9SK took over duties.

Let us know how your USP9C shoots OP, or rather, how you shoot with it.

I’ll have to admit, I was never very thrilled with how I shot/shoot mine.

My ability to do a fast mag dump (or double taps), with accuracy, between it and my VP9SK is night and day.

I think fast follow-ups with it are tougher because of the trigger and the 30yr old frame/slide geometry and ergos. YMMV
View Quote

Well, Sir, you just need to box that poor USPc9 up and I'll shoot over a FedEx shipping label so you can send it where it will be loved.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I picked it up tonight and I’m in love.  It has a a little holster wear but hardly any wear on the internals at all.  Won’t get to the range till Tuesday, but I’m ready to put some rounds through it.
View Quote

Keep in mind the 9mm Compacts may be the least common models made aside from their .357 Sig cousins. I snatched mine about 2 years ago on the EE & got four mags & a holster for it. I paid $600 shipped & I thought it was a STEAL (still do).

While I was working a LGS last summer, we couldn't keep the 9mm Compact in stock. They would always sell out first. They're jut SO much better than anything else in their class it's not even funny, IMO. Yes, Glock, I'm looking at you.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#18]
H&K USP Compacts are a solid platform and you shouldn't be disappointed. Paying $650 for a used example with that number of mags would be a 'buy' in my book under normal circumstances. That this new anti-gun administration appears to be moving in, you'd be hard pressed to find an HK USPc in any caliber for less than what you paid, so don't feel bad. You're a victim of the Democrats' ability to push demand through the roof as opposed to being 'taken' by paying too much.

About a year ago I purchased an HK USPc 9mm with a stainless slide. The gun is 20 years old. It wouldn't feed reliably until I replaced the 20 year old recoil spring. After that she's been G2G ever since.

Enjoy your new acquisition,

Gunzer
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Keep in mind the 9mm Compacts may be the least common models made aside from their .357 Sig cousins. I snatched mine about 2 years ago on the EE & got four mags & a holster for it. I paid $600 shipped & I thought it was a STEAL (still do).

While I was working a LGS last summer, we couldn't keep the 9mm Compact in stock. They would always sell out first. They're jut SO much better than anything else in their class it's not even funny, IMO. Yes, Glock, I'm looking at you.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen a used one in a gunshop, or I'd have bought it.
I've got a couple of .45 compacts, and I love them, but I'd like to try out a 9mm too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Echo what others have said about the price. I paid $900 for a never fired USP 9 with HK threaded barrel, Trijicon suppressor sights, HK match trigger, 10 mags with beveled floor plate, and surefire rail.

ETA: I know we sound like dicks saying it’s too high and not being able to point you to a better deal; but I got mine from a guy trying to sell it to Greentop (LGS) when they offered him $600. He told me what it came with, I checked it all out, and put $900 in his hand.

Honestly, if you want, arguably, the best 9mm pistol ever made, just see how low they’ll go, pay that, and shoot the fuck out of it. A couple hundred dollars won’t change your life, but owning that pistol might.

Attachment Attached File

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top