Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 3:23:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2021 4:50:20 PM EST by toxicity_27]
So I just got a Glock 45 and have an RMR that will find it's home on it. I plan to get it cut by Jagerworks, but I want to also replace the sights on it when I get it done. I've searched and everything I've come up with talks about the GL-429 on the MOS Glocks. Are these still the recommended sights to use when you get it cut?

I also plan on putting a WML on. I'm leaning towards the Surefire X300U-A, any reasons to look at other lights, or reasons to stay with this one?

This will eventually become my cc after I get some rounds and practice with it. I need to find an IWB and OWB holster for it, not appendix if anyone has any suggestions for that as well.

I'd like to find some more magazines too. I saw Dack Outdoors has some G17 Gen 5s for $19.99 right now, so I may hop on that.

Anything else I should be aware of or look into? Stippling on a cc? Suggestions for stippling?

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:31:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2021 3:35:22 PM EST by firepyro515]
I would probably go with something a little shorter than the GL-429. Having a slide cut for the RMR will place the RMR a little lower than the MOS cut would, so the GL-429 would impede the sight picture more. They don't make a shorter sight set, so you might have to buy a separate front and rear. Maybe a GP-112-300 front and a GL-408 rear. Could probably call Ameriglo and they might have a suggestion
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:33:42 PM EST
Any suggestions to look at? I know Jagerworks has the Dawson Precision ones there, would it just make sense to go with those for lower 1/3rd cowitness?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:53:31 PM EST
I like the ameriglo troopers & that will likely be the sight I put on all future pistols.   Get mags, and more mags.  get to 20ish & be happy, but then buy 10 more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:02:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By toxicity_27:
So I just got a Glock 45 and have an RMR that will find it's home on it. I plan to get it cut by Jagerworks, but I want to also replace the sights on it when I get it done. I've searched and everything I've come up with talks about the GL-429 on the MOS Glocks. Are these still the recommended sights to use when you get it cut?

I also plan on putting a WML on. I'm leaning towards the Surefire X300U-A, any reasons to look at other lights, or reasons to stay with this one?

This will eventually become my cc after I get some rounds and practice with it. I need to find an IWB and OWB holster for it, not appendix if anyone has any suggestions for that as well.

I'd like to find some more magazines too. I saw Duck has some G17 Gen 5s for $19.99 right now, so I may hop on that.

Anything else I should be aware of or look into? Stippling on a cc? Suggestions for stippling?

Thanks everyone.
View Quote

Link to "Duck" Glock magazines please
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:17:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2021 4:19:13 PM EST by toxicity_27]
Apparently I meant Dack Outdoors, not duck. Been a long day.

They're FDE, but whatever.

https://dackoutdoors.com/product/glock-47459-g17-gen5-9mm-luger-17-round-polymer-flat-dark-earth-finish#product_detail
Top Top