Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2023 9:42:58 PM EDT
And it was awesome…by far the best handgun I have owned.  The gun’s fit and finish are excellent and the slide moves like it’s on ball bearings.  Its weight definitely helped mitigate the recoil (not that 9mm is bad).  Although it was a quick range trip it ate all the ammo I fed it (mixed range ammo and hollow points).  I have a trijicon rmr mounted.  I was shooting a bit low but the groups were tight (shooting low was probably my fault).  It’s a bit disappointing that the aftermarket scene isn’t very supportive for this particular gun but fortunately there isn’t much it needs to improve it.  I want to take some tactical courses using this.  Finding a decent holster was a bit of a task but Tier 1 was the answer (for now).  Need to find a source for a few more mags that are decently priced.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zeus2you] [#1]
I took a M4 Tac to Gunsite last spring and it performed admirably in spite of me...

Biggest surprise was the mags held their own against about a million drops into the sand. One Sig 320 and a CZ 85 in the group started failing to feed and dumping rounds 2-3 stages before my PPQ on the last of the 5 days.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:05:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#2]
The Q4 SF has stolen my heart.  It is a criminally underrated handgun in a sea of plastic fantastic.    After market is slim but its out there if you look around a bit.   I AIWB mine in a Trex Arms Sidecar holster.  Works great.  Very concealable.

While I am waiting on month 3 for Walther to restock the Dynamic trigger, the Q4 SF stock trigger is getting appreciably better with usage.  The minimal creep is just about gone now and the reset is shorter than ever.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Buds had these for under $1k not too long ago. I missed the boat.

I’ll get a Q5 SF some day. The SF guns are peak striker fire.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried AIWB with a Surefire X300 and it was very uncomfortable.  I removed the WML and carry at 3 o’clock position which I seem to like better.  I’m not sure if going with a smaller light may reduce the discomfort that I feel is caused by the longer overall length of the X300.  The weight of the gun doesn’t seem to be an issue that some people complain about.  I’m a huge fan of the Black Arch Hybrid holsters and keep my fingers crossed they will make a holster for the SF.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stretch_1983:
I tried AIWB with a Surefire X300 and it was very uncomfortable.  I removed the WML and carry at 3 o’clock position which I seem to like better.  I’m not sure if going with a smaller light may reduce the discomfort that I feel is caused by the longer overall length of the X300.  The weight of the gun doesn’t seem to be an issue that some people complain about.  I’m a huge fan of the Black Arch Hybrid holsters and keep my fingers crossed they will make a holster for the SF.
View Quote

The X300 is just tough to carry AIWB IMO.  Sitting or bending with that much length added to the holster/handgun is uncomfortable.  The TLR7 adds nothing to the overall carrying package. And weight is a non issue so long as ones belt and holster play well together.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

The X300 is just tough to carry AIWB IMO.  Sitting or bending with that much length added to the holster/handgun is uncomfortable.  The TLR7 adds nothing to the overall carrying package. And weight is a non issue so long as ones belt and holster play well together.
View Quote

Trying another AIWB holster kind of makes me nervous as I haven’t had much luck with these setups.  I’d like to carry AIWB and believe going with a smaller light might be the the best route to go.  With the X300 setup I get the gun grip into the ribcage when I need to tie my shoes.  Adjusting the ride height just reduces that problem but creates other ones.  I may try the TRex again but with the TLR7 rather than the X300.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

I’ll get a Q5 SF some day. The SF guns are peak striker fire.
View Quote

Just got a PPQ Q5 SF Match. Haven't shot it yet, hope to this weekend.

But it does have that "OMFG" feel when one holds it, IMO. Never held a SF Q4. Probably a good thing?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By USPguy:

Just got a PPQ Q5 SF Match. Haven't shot it yet, hope to this weekend.

But it does have that "OMFG" feel when one holds it, IMO. Never held a SF Q4. Probably a good thing?
View Quote

It IS good thin for your wallet. You do not want to hold one.  Think same "Holy shit, this gun feels like its a solid chunk of fine German craftsmanship" but in a G19 sized package that can be CCW'ed.

Oh and I wont even mention that there is one for sale at a reasonable price on another popular board with lots of goodies included....that I'm guessing could be had for even less than the ask (zero affiliation with seller).
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]

It IS good thin for your wallet. You do not want to hold one.  Think same "Holy shit, this gun feels like its a solid chunk of fine German craftsmanship" but in a G19 sized package that can be CCW'ed.

Oh and I wont even mention that there is one for sale at a reasonable price on another popular board with lots of goodies included....that I'm guessing could be had for even less than the ask (zero affiliation with seller).
View Quote

I need another carry gun like I need 5-6 wives. How much is it?????  
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Well said lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top