Good review! Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Looked pretty good. He posts which chrono he uses but didn't post velocity
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Very good should one ever be attacked by a block of jello.  Otherwise, not worth the bandwidth.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very good should one ever be attacked by a block of jello.  Otherwise, not worth the bandwidth.
View Quote
Any better suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The performance of the Hydra Shok Deep in this test wasn't particularly impressive IMO...not bad but it seems to be inferior to HST. The 9mm version does seem to perform pretty well in short barrels.

The author of the article is mistaken about the damage tracts; handgun hollowpoints expand more or less completely after the first 1-3 inches of penetration. The increased disturbance seen earlier on in the track is simply an effect of the temporary cavity and doesn't actually remain in flesh. It's an understandable misconception, I used to think the same until I learned that the permanent cavity seen in ballistic gel is not reflective of actual tissue. For practical intents and purposes, assuming 100% weight retention, the size of the hole made by a handgun bullet in flexible tissues is the size of the recovered projectile.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for sharing. That expansion was pretty disappointing in the 45. And I would have expected more penetration with such modest expansion.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Results in properly calibrated organic gel have been found to correlate to wounds in people. Hence the fbi protocol.

Quoted:

Velocities are there. You have to hunt them down thought. Would have been nice to have everything in a chart or graph.
View Quote
Thanks, found them
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for posting.

Think I’ll stick to HST, Ranger, Tactical Bonded, etc. in my Glock 21.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing. That expansion was pretty disappointing in the 45. And I would have expected more penetration with such modest expansion.
View Quote
It is odd. I usually see the .45 HST round expanding to .80 or so, though that might be due to using the clear ballistics gel which performs a bit different from this ballistics gel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top