Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 5:52:34 PM EDT
What's you favorite hybrid holster? I'm currently carrying my 43 in a DeSantis and I like it. Are there better options out there? I'd like to get a hybrid for my VP9 one of these days.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#1]
None?  kydex is the way.

ETA, seriously though, any of the hybrid holsters I've tried have been less than impressive.  Kydex has been a better options for any carry position I've looked at.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
None?  kydex is the way.

ETA, seriously though, any of the hybrid holsters I've tried have been less than impressive.  Kydex has been a better options for any carry position I've looked at.
View Quote

What is it you like more about full kydex? I've carried with both and for comfort, the hybrid holsters are the way to go for me.

I prefer to carry at the 3 oclock position. I carried appendix for a while but I'm always bending over at work or to pick up/play with my little boy (he's 2) and got tired of having a gun jammed into my gut and pelvic bone.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What is it you like more about full kydex? I've carried with both and for comfort, the hybrid holsters are the way to go for me.

I prefer to carry at the 3 oclock position. I carried appendix for a while but I'm always bending over at work or to pick up/play with my little boy (he's 2) and got tired of having a gun jammed into my gut and pelvic bone.
View Quote

@aggiehunt  I've just never been happy with any of the hybrid I've tried.  Too big of a footprint for me to seriously consider & poor belt attachment.  I only carry aiwb with kydex.  I like that its firm & flex in the material, also, I feel like I can get a better grip on the pistol with the kydex since it only covers what is necessary.  I've been carrying a g19 w/x300 this week with no issues (trex that I did some drilling & dremeling to).   I found that the kydex aiwb conceals better; I can conceal it with a tshirt.   For me the biggest thing for finding a holster was trying a bunch & selling or returning the ones that didn't work.  Also finding the sweet spot just inside of him hip to put the holsters.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Geeze OP, don't you follow the cool kid consensus, you a poor? You have to carry in a kydex AIWB holster for over 100 dollars from an approved tier 1 type maker. You should carry a Gucci Glock or Sig with a Trijicon RMR and Surefire weapons light. Everything else is crap, boomer shit, poors.

I have a generic hybrid, can't recall the maker bought it years ago for a Glock 19, still works well. Got an Alien Gear hybrid, hate the soft spacers they use. Have friends who like CrossBreed. Tried a full kydex IWB for 9 o'clock but it isn't comfortable and grinds against my side. Currently using a Safariland Model 27 - compact holster but comfortable - easy to put on and take off (has a j hook) - downside is that it isn't a holster friendly to reholstering your firearm - you can do it but it's better to slide the holster off and then replace the gun and put it back on. Also know some who swear by the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2, but have yet to try them myself.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
There are no really good hybrid holsters. Even if there were you’d be combining the downsides of both system instead of their strengths.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Comp-Tac MTAC
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#7]
PSA: hybrid holsters are a really bad idea. Especially as they get old and the leather softens. It becomes difficult to holster one-handed, and they encourage wearers to "fish" for the opening by angling the pistol inboard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's you favorite hybrid holster? I'm currently carrying my 43 in a DeSantis and I like it. Are there better options out there? I'd like to get a hybrid for my VP9 one of these days.
View Quote

Comp-tac CTAC
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
PSA: hybrid holsters are a really bad idea. Especially as they get old and the leather softens. It becomes difficult to holster one-handed, and they encourage wearers to "fish" for the opening by angling the pistol inboard.
View Quote

Leather doesn't get soft as it ages.  I have both hybrid and full leather holsters that are 10+ years old, and none of them do this.  

I like comp-tac, but the last couple of holsters have been from http://mdjcustomholsters.com/, just because I prefer the metal belt hooks vs the plastic ones that comp-tac uses.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite has been Black Arch
Had several crossbreeds over the years but nothing quite as comfy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#11]
https://stealthgearusa.com/

Great "hybrid" holsters without any of the drawbacks of leather.  Super comfortable.  Highly recommended
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#12]
StealthGearUSA Revolution is far better than anything leather. My Crossbreed and CompTac both got retired a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 11:11:07 PM EDT
[#13]
High Noon Close Encounter is the only hybrid I have - works quite well with the P-09 and oddly enough, the P-10C also fits perfectly in it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My favorite has been Black Arch
Had several crossbreeds over the years but nothing quite as comfy.
View Quote

Black Arch are nice and comfy

My Crossbreeds are nice too, but not as comfy IMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top