Site Notices
Fanny packs (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:

Take a look at Vertx. They make two; one is smaller and there is of course a larger one. I have both and I can easily fit a Glock 19 in it.
View Quote

Thank you - I'll look into these.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:
@brachiosaur

Thank you - those are perfect.  I've been wanting a larger fanny pack, and requested the pictures for a couple of reasons ...

1) Narrow belts can dig into flesh when the loads increase (i.e. when I overload the fanny pack ... for example this week I started carrying a full size 1911 and spare mag in the Adidas shown in the pictures above ... when combined with a large iPhone, keys, flashlight, batteries, etc the fanny is heavy).  Your images show fairly wide straps so that shouldn't be an issue for me.

2) I wear my fanny pack "under" a 45-70 pound backpack so a large buckle can become painful on a ruck that exceeds about 4 miles.  My standard training regimen is 4 miles twice a week, and 12-14 miles once a week.  If preparing for an event the distance grows to include 25 milers.  The straps look long enough that I might be able to move the buckle to a position other than 6 oclock (under the rucksack).  However, even at 3 or 9 buckles can hurt because of the ruck's waist straps.  A small buckle is crucial for my needs.

ETA: I'm looking for a larger fanny pack because my 1911 BARELY fits in the Adidas and won't fit in my Maxpedition Octa.  I've been considering a Hill People Gear chest pack, but in the summer time it would be miserable.  I'm card carrying member of the Sweat Hogs and it would be WATER LOGGED.  At my waist there seems to be less sweat.  Even in freezing weather I'll sweat through all of my upper body clothing.
View Quote

The straps are wide but not that thick, I only have maybe 2 hours with it on so far with that chunky ALS holster in it. They're removable so they they could be replaced with something else.. One thing I noticed- the front pocket only has one zipper and zips closed to the right (when wearing it at 12 o'clock). I grabbed the front pocket zipper once by mistake, I think the main zipper needs a little lube to properly rip it from an open corner like the HPG stuff. Also, there's no loop inside to attach a holster to but there is loop. With the ALS holster it's not a problem for me.

If you like I can send you one to check out. 👍
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
As stated earlier still using my 1991 Bianchi Ranger around the world. Pictured with SIG 226 rubber duck
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2022 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Vertx SOPC…..kind of small, so mid-size or smaller.
Carry Colt New Agent when I have to go this route
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]

skindroid, what it the trigger block on your Glock?  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to have a couple of them, and gave one to a friend who wanted one, now I'm down to having only one, but it is very well made.  I think I got it from Eagle industries a very long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked mine up a few years back at the CHP Academy... Works well, haven't seen a product label on it...

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys so I recently got my first fanny pack. It's the earthseed/bald bros v2 tiger stripe they released awhile back and I'm looking for recommendations for a velcro holster for my glock 19 since there's velcro panel on the interior. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone else a use Helikon Tex Bandicoot? It barely fits my G19X in a velcro holster.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the maxpedition universal holster strap in my hill people gear chest bag. You can adjust it to fit any gun you want to carry. Wear it on jogs or bike rides to pick up my 7 y/o from school so we can walk back home. 1 mile both ways and rides fine with gun, extra mag, cell phone, badge and house key. Only had one a couple different guys ask where I got it from. If they ask you tell them it is a manny pack.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never done it but have been milling it around for a while.

James with TFB did a solid video on ccw fanny packs. The Hilikon seems to tickle my fancy, or fanny , the most from the video.

How to Carry a Gun This Summer (and Beach Jams Playlist)

Link for when the yt shortcut doesn't work for me even though I delete the S
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I use a 5.11 Fanny pack for walks and hunting.  It holds my G20 with a bit of spare room.  The strap can be moved from the side to the top corner (to switch to a cross body carry).  I think I paid $50 for it?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Fanny packs (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top