Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2017 7:33:26 PM EDT
I picked up a new 85 steel frame in one of those PSA 308 lower combo deals, so after rebate this it is basically a sub-$100 revolver.  I have an old (+25 year old) stainless 85 so I'm not unfamiliar with the little revolvers, in addition to owning some J-frames.  

The fit and finish on it is definitely not polished, but it is not flawed.  In fact I like the matte finish. The cylinder has very little slop, the timing is good, and the trigger pull is good and should smooth up even more.

I took it to the range today and ran about 75 rounds through it.  It hit to point of aim and grouped as well as any other typical snub nose, which is to say surprisingly well as long as you are vigilant in practicing good fundamentals about which a gun of its size is unforgiving.  

While it certainly won't be a gun I ever frequently carry, I do see it as being a nice enough gun to carry when I don't want to fear losing or excessively beating up on one of my normal carry pieces.  Anyways, with some of the negativity about Taurus revolvers I thought I'd post my favorable initial thoughts on my new 85.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same experience as you.  Nice gun that shoots great
The deal was to good to pass up
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an 85 and love it, great little revolver
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had one for a few years now and it is a nice revolver for the money.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#4]
My early 90's model 85 is wearing a set of these. Leaves just enough of the grip to get a hold of in a pocket or behind the waistband of a pair of jeans.

http://www.baramihipgrip.com/index.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My early 90's model 85 is wearing a set of these. Leaves just enough of the grip to get a hold of in a pocket or behind the waistband of a pair of jeans.

http://www.baramihipgrip.com/index.html
View Quote
I've always thought those were interesting but I'm left handed so that pretty much rules them out for me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I absolutely love mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top