Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2021 10:27:44 AM EDT
Business acquaintance  has a flawless .32 PPK from 1967.  Two mags, box, manual, tool.  No target.

Wants to sell, no clue on price.  

I want to offer fair 'going rate'.  

Not trying to rip him off.

Link Posted: 9/11/2021 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
400 sells it in 1 day

500 sells it in a week

600 sells it in a month

700 sells it in a year
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is indeed a PPK (not PPK/s) in 7.65/.32 (not .380) in the condition you're describing, I'd wager if he listed it online for 700 it would sell within a day on the right forum. Less than a week on most large-scale forums like this one. 7.65 PPKs are desired by more than a few. The auction sights would bring in over 700. If he wants to move it fast and you want a deal that you wouldn't fee like a con about afterward, I would feel comfortable offering him 650. Others opinions may vary.

ETA: Just realized the date, so it can't be a PPK/s. Duh. If you like it, I'd make an offer. Great guns, if a bit dated.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL @700
New Arkansas PPK/S are going for more than that.

Pre GCA-68
Made in W Germany
No import marks
.32ACP
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL @700
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
LOL @700

You're right. You should probably offer closer to 900 so as to not screw the guy.

Quoted:
New Arkansas PPK/S are going for more than that.

And they're half the gun.

ETA: Closed GunBroker auctions can five better insight on used values than ongoing ones since many sellers start rates too high. This recent ad for a 1967 .380, while I realize isn't the same caliber, brought 1150. A few .32s on other sites and forums over the last few years seem to bring around 1500 give or take. Obviously the war-era guns, specifically if military proofed, bring higher premiums. Hell, even pre-war commercial PPKs are fetching 1500 or more on average. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're right. You should probably offer closer to 900 so as to not screw the guy.

And they're half the gun.

ETA: Closed GunBroker auctions can five better insight on used values than ongoing ones since many sellers start rates too high. This recent ad for a 1967 .380, while I realize isn't the same caliber, brought 1150. A few .32s on other sites and forums over the last few years seem to bring around 1500 give or take. Obviously the war-era guns, specifically if military proofed, bring higher premiums. Hell, even pre-war commercial PPKs are fetching 1500 or more on average. Hope this helps.
View Quote
It does help.

I have looked at those numbers in a bit of disbelief. Which is why I asked here, kinda second guessing myself and making sure I'm not missing something.

The military proofed guns seem to be 2k+
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the new reality of collecting, well, anything.

As described a .32 PPK with box, papers, tools, etc... will be well north of $1000 these days.  A pre WW2 model in similar condition
will be much more, and a WW2 pistol with a real Nazi provenance (not a military issue gun but a real SS or NSDAP one), will be
beyond belief.

.32s will always bring more than .380s as the cognoscenti recognize that the 7.65 Browning is the best caliber in these small blow back pistols.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welcome to the new reality of collecting, well, anything.

As described a .32 PPK with box, papers, tools, etc... will be well north of $1000 these days.  A pre WW2 model in similar condition
will be much more, and a WW2 pistol with a real Nazi provenance (not a military issue gun but a real SS or NSDAP one), will be
beyond belief.

.32s will always bring more than .380s as the cognoscenti recognize that the 7.65 Browning is the best caliber in these small blow back pistols.
View Quote

32 in a blowback pistol has much less recoil than a 380.  The 380’s can be pretty snappy
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I collect post WW-II Walther PPK and PPK/S pistols; I have 10 right now, in all calibers.  Without pics, I can say somewhere in the $1,200-$1500 price range would be about right.  Is it West German or French?
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I collect post WW-II Walther PPK and PPK/S pistols; I have 10 right now, in all calibers.  Without pics, I can say somewhere in the $1,200-$1500 price range would be about right.  Is it West German or French?
View Quote
W German

Got it for 1100.
Everyone was happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top