Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 6:13:15 PM EDT
http://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2020/1/25/new-for-2020-beretta-bobcat-and-tomcat/

I can't be the only person excited for this. I've wanted a threaded barrel for my Tomcat for a long time, and hopefully this release means there will be some Tomcat barrels for sale in the near future. I won't buy a new one for it, but the fact it's out there is nice. If I was buying a new one I'd definitely get a threaded 3032 Tomcat. I love my current one. With the mag pinky extension and wood grips it is the sexiest and most comfortable pocket gun I own.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm hoping the barrels become available separately.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm hoping the barrels become available separately.
View Quote
Same

But if I was buying a new one, the threaded gun would be the gun to get. The Tomcat looks much more the "spy gun" to me than the PPK ever did, and shoots better to boot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not against them. But I would love a threaded barrel for my 81.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not against them. But I would love a threaded barrel for my 81.
View Quote
http://alleghenyarms.com/accessories/

This is the only threaded barrel option I am aware of for the 81. Look a bit down the list and you'll see it.

I seriously considered buying one a while back, but my original 81 is just not something I'd ever use seriously. As a plinker for new shooters (it's current role) it's not worth an almost $200 investment for me right now. But if I was considering it for serious use (which even the no-dash/base model is eminently qualified for) I'd get it in a heartbeat. It's a high-quality barrel by all accounts, and the 81 is a fine weapon to put money into especially if you wanted to use it as a very quiet suppressor host.

I'll probably buy that barrel eventually once I have more money to dispose of. Were it not for a new house to furnish and various expenses expected in the near future (a wedding not least among them) I'll probably have bought it months ago. I love my old no-dash (original surplus) 81.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm planning on getting a threaded tomcat and a threaded 21A as soon as they come out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad I skipped buying that Tomcat a few months ago
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top