Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2020 11:16:39 PM EDT
50 rounds through it and I'm impressed with the accuracy. What needs to happen to keep the thread protector tightened up?
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Robber o-ring does the trick
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mike_Golf:
Robber o-ring does the trick
View Quote

yerp
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
50 rounds through it and I'm impressed with the accuracy. What needs to happen to keep the thread protector tightened up?
View Quote

I thought mine shot low, but I know its me. I suck with Irons, cant wait for my 507 to get here Wednesday.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Replace thread protector with suppressor of your choice. Problem solved
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
White teflon tape is cheap, easy & effective.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Love mine!  I use it on my battle belt/hog hunting rig to give the coup de gras to any surviving hogs or coyotes

Every once in a while I will clean off the threads and spray some hair spray on them and retighten the cap.  Holds for a while and when gets loose again just repeat.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
What holster is everyone using?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't fall off if you leave it in the range bag...

+1 for replace it with silencer.

I have a burn proof gear holster.

Mine shoots more high than anything. Namely because I look at the dots than the castle, and the front sight dot is situated a little lower than the ones on the rear.

If you have smaller hands be sure to try the flat backstrap. The curved ones are more comfortable, but I found it significantly reduced grip size.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine won't be staying in the bag. I plan on making it my new duty weapon as soon as my T5 holster gets here. It's replacing an awful gen 5 model 17, that is the issue weapon. They won't allow 1911s.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 12:00:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine won't be staying in the bag. I plan on making it my new duty weapon as soon as my T5 holster gets here. It's replacing an awful gen 5 model 17, that is the issue weapon. They won't allow 1911s.
View Quote

Teflon tape it. I keep screwing around with my setup and the can still hasn't walked off.

I still have a hard time believing it works.

Also, if I was really worried about it, a gentle twist with my multitool wouldn't bother me. It's a $10 part that has no external dimensions to screw up. Who cares if you get a tool mark on it?

Why don't you like the 17.5? I don't own a gen 5 (do have 19.3 and a 42) but enjoy my brother's 19.5. It seems a perfectly adequate service pistol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
My FNX45 is probably my most accurate pistol, or at least the one I shoot the best. Love that pistol
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I got mine out of the safe for first time in a year or so and thought about selling it off. Took it to the range and kinda forgot how good of a gun it is. I need a holster for mine, and more range time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got mine out of the safe for first time in a year or so and thought about selling it off. Took it to the range and kinda forgot how good of a gun it is. I need a holster for mine, and more range time.
View Quote

I have the burnproof with safariland drop leg hardware for suppressed carry and Neptune Concealment just shipped my belt holster (owb, full kydex, no can). Give it a week or so and we'll see how that is. I have their double mag pouch (kydex, belt) for the fnx mags and it is just fine.

I have to make a conscious effort to not bring it out every time I shoot. Costs too much because it's so fun. Shoots so sweet with and without a can!
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:19:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Rubber O ring is doing the trick. Added a Holosun 407C that I'll be fine tuning day.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a sweet pistol. Love the feel. Also like the case. I have the FDE version.  I'm probably putting it up for sale. I dropped over a new pistol. We shall see.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought an FNX-45 tactical slide/barrel conversion kit and have a trijicon RMR on the way. Was wondering what adaptor plate I will be needing, as the kit did not come with any. Thanks
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top