Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 6/5/2019 3:53:06 PM EDT
Looking at maybe getting either a FNX-40 or a FNX-45 pistol this year.If you have one what do you like and dislike about it.

Also I didn't see on there website but what kind of warranty do they come with.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I still miss my FNP from back in the day.  Great pistols.  Just wish the mags were cheaper and there were holsters for them
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
they would kidnip them for a payday.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both.  If you are going to get just one, go with the 45.  Why?  I like 45's better.  That's the only reason.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Bi-tone black and stainless FNX-45 and love it. If a large, high capacity, DA/SA, 45 is what you are looking for, the FNX is probably the best offering out there.

.40 Cal has really dipped in popularity but the price of the ammunition has stayed the same. Plus the fact that .40 really can't do anything that a 9 or 45 can do so many people don't really see the point. on a final note, there are quite a few more good options out there if you are looking for a DA/SA, 40 cal.

My only real complaint with the FNX series is that I wish the DA trigger pull was better. I would also like to see a FNX-9 Midsize and a 9mm Tactical model but those are just my wants; I am not sure if there really would be a big market for that.

Some complain that the texture is too sharp on the FNX series but I love it. The magazines for the FNX series are pricey and not the easiest to find locally, those complaints are accurate.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an FNX-9 and FNX-45.

Just pick the one you like the caliber of.

Pretty hard to beat 15+1 of 45ACP.

Both are excellent
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a FNX-45 with the FDE frame.  I, too, like the 15 round capacity of the .45 ACP.  The only issue I have with it is that the magazine base plates vary in their FDE coloration and don't exactly match the color of the frame.  This is a very minor issue and appears to be an issue with how they color their resin.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#7]
FNX9? I had a FNX 45 and for my t-rex hands it was huge.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Love my fnx45 even with smaller hands it’s easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I really like the FNX 45, very accurate.  It won't feed wadcutters though, Round nose FTW.

Seems like pricing has improved since I bought mine.  3 hi cap mags, just points great for me.

Single double action, decocker

Huge grin factor.

It's just getting going when the 1911's run dry
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I really like the FNX 45, very accurate.  It won't feed wadcutters though, Round nose FTW.
View Quote
I assume you mean semi-wadcutters, not full wadcutters?

That being said, my FNX feeds semi-wadcutters and everything else just fine. I reload with 220 grain lead semi-wadcutters with various powder charges and it works great. The semi-wadcutters make a very accurate, in-expensive, multi-purpose load. Some 1911's and many older designed 45's won't feed semi-wadcutters or hollow points with very square ogives but the FNX and most of the modern 45's feed them just fine.

As a side note, Remington's Golden saber hollow points have a very round profile and they will normally feed in older pistols (especially 45's) that have a hard time feeding hollow points.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I've had my FNX-45 for a couple of years now and have been very pleased. It's accurate and, after break in, very reliable. The only change I made was to swap the factory sights for TFX tru-glo sights.  You may find that the magazines will rattle when full. No big deal to me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my FNX-45, and even more so, now that I have a KT Mech Defender OWB to carry it in.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I have small hands, for example a cz97 is unusable in DA. I literally can't reach the trigger. As a lefty, who broke his thumb as a kid, some safetys can be unusable, such as that on a beretta 92.

I can function the fnx45. Left or right.

I think mine feels like a really hot 9mm to shoot. Definitely not 1911 level recoil. The grip texture anchors it into my hands.

Trigger is more duty oriented, but definitely usable, nothing crazy, it just works.

The sights are odd. The dots don't align with the actual sights, so when using the silhouette of the sights to aim, it shoots high. When aligning the dots its on.

Somewhere in the manufacturing tolerance, a x300ua doesn't perfectly fit on it. I have to put about 10lbs of pressure on the light to flex the whole thing enough for it to snap in. It comes right off no problem when the tabs are pulled to release it.

Mounts up a can just fine, and cycles with my octane 45k no problem.

Didn't like feeding 230gr magtech ball from slide lock. I think the new mags were so stiff, it slowed the slide down enough to leave it OOB. A slight tap to the slide would send it home. Did I mention the mags are stiff? Good lord are they hard to load. I shot 350rds between the 3 mags and they softened up some, figure by 1krds they'll be just fine.

Mounted up a rmr no problem with the included hardware.

I'm happy with the gun, it shoots great. Love that *I* have the choice of carrying it in DA, DA on safe, or cocked and locked, and it has the hammer-block decocker. I like that I can store it hammer down on safe.

Mags aren't too pricey, but they're definitely up there compared to glock. Midway had them for $44 iirc.

Good luck finding a holster that suits your needs and fancy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
FNH FXH 15RD Mags are Double the price as Glock mags. No way they are in the same price range!
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top