Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 1/10/2021 6:45:00 PM EDT

Has anyone changed out the crappy mag release on their FNS9c with a larger one ?, and if so, where did you get it ??

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I used a full sized FNS mag. release.  Easy to change.

Link to Midwest Gun Works.  The page shows the FNS mag. release side by side with the FNS Compact mag. release.  The FNS release is for the full sized pistol, fits and works fine in the Compact.  

midwestgunworks fn-fns-compact magazine-releases

Picture of the spring that holds the mag. release in/makes if function.  Easy to grab with a pick, pull out the spring (if I remember correctly you really don't have to remove the spring from the groove it sits in inside the frame, just move it enough to allow the mag. release to come out), remove the Compact mag. release, install the bigger slide release, reinstall the spring (or push it back into place).  Then test the function.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
M1A4ME.........Thanks, that's great. I'm doin' it !

BD
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I got the full size on from MGW, much improved in the 9C
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
 MiA4ME........Replaced that mag release today. Worked out very well, and BTW, that picture you included helped me understand what that "spring" looks like. Thanks again !

BD
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]
The FNS pistols have a long list of "neat" features that makes me like them.  My only issue with them is I can't get them to shoot like my CZs (P07 and P09).

But that little Compact will be one of my carry pistols anyway if VA goes stupid and limits us to 10 round magazines.  I'm I'm limited to 10 I'll carry 10 .40s vs. 10 9MM.  No wasted space in the mag. well/magazine.

No idea what a FNS 9MM recoils like.  With my FNS C .40 and 180 grain hollow points I put a Talon grip panel (the one that feels like sandpaper) on mine and it helped a lot.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top