Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2020 8:58:03 PM EDT
Took another trip to the range with the FNS 9 today and had some 147gr SD ammo for it. The previous range trip I had plenty of 115gr WWB and some assorted 124gr SD ammo. The WWB was hitting about 3in low and the 124gr was about 2in low, all at 7-10 yards. I figured that maybe whichever PD AIM got these from had the sights regulated to 147gr, and it turned out I was right. The 147gr I used at the range today was hitting POA. Cover the target with the white dot up front and it hit right there. As soon as I got home I ordered 1000rd of Winchester 147gr practice ammo. So if anyone else out there has one of these from AIM in the last few months, try some 147gr if you are shooting a little low.

I had also picked up a .40 caliber top end for this pistol from CDNN and decided to try it out. 165gr WWB was pretty disappointing accuracy wise. I shoot 9mm into a nice fist size group but the .40 was about twice that. I will try some 180gr and see if it works better.

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 4" and 5" .40 set up from CDNN.

Both of them did the best with Winchester 180 grain FMJ and 180 grain hollow points.

Also tried the loads my CZs like and the FNS didn't do well with those (135 grain hollow points and coated 140 grain TC).

Bought 180 grain Federal FMJ and they didn't do well either.  Tried some other stuff (don't remember the details but I bought boxes of Federal, Winchester and Remington from 155 grain to 180 grain and only the Winchester ammo came close to making me happy.

Check out Aim Surplus for and CDNN for magazines.  I think I got a bunch of used .40 mags. from CDNN.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I picked up three extra .40 mags from CDNN which gives me four total. Not going to shoot a lot of .40, mostly got it in case there is another ammo shortage like we had a while back. Thanks for the heads up on how the Winchester 180gr shoots. I will grab a case of that next month.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top